won't let me post pics???

eeyoresnr

DIS Veteran
for some reason I am unable to post pics today??? I posted some last night on my pre-trip report but for some reason today it will not let me post pics??? anybody have any ideas as to why it's doing this? Thanks

You don't mention where your pictures are being hosted, but it's possible the hosting site is down or limiting or not permitting links.

If you want to furnish more information we can take a look. Your DIS post is just a link to the other site. Can you provide a link to the post you're talking about.

You don't mention where your pictures are being hosted, but it's possible the hosting site is down or limiting or not permitting links.

If you want to furnish more information we can take a look. Your DIS post is just a link to the other site. Can you provide a link to the post you're talking about.

I use photobucket...I always use photobucket...
today i was able to post a pic..
yesterday, when i would click on photobucket it would say 'copied' as normal, but when I would try to paste it to DIS the 'paste' would not work, it only showed undo, delete, select all as being available?

If 'paste' did not show, then that means your clipboard was empty. This means that photobucket did not actually copy the code to your clipboard, even though it may have said 'copied'.

Or, if you 'copied' the code from photobucket, then closed your browser to photobucket before coming to the DIS, your copied code may have been deleted from the clipboard.

Did you try using CTRL-C and CTRL-V to copy and paste the code directly?

Its the same for me and i tryed the CTRL-C and CTRL-V
I don't know if this helps but at the bottom of my page
in the box it says

You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may edit your posts
vB code is On
Smilies are On
code is On
HTML code is Off
Does this have anything to do with it?

Its the same for me and i tryed the CTRL-C and CTRL-V
I don't know if this helps but at the bottom of my page
in the box it says

You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may edit your posts
vB code is On
Smilies are On
code is On
HTML code is Off
Does this have anything to do with it?[/QUOTE]

A photo is not an attachment. It is a link to a website which is hosting the photo.

Attachments are things like Word documents or Excel spreadsheets. These are not allowed.

Sounds like there's something wrong at photobucket with your photos. Photobucket's not creating the URL to your photo. It's the URL that is posted in your signature or post here on the DIS. You may need to delete them and then upload them again.

Have you tried using our own photo hosting section here on the DIS. the DIS Photopost site. You can log on there with your regular DISboard username and password.

Photobucket wouldn't let me paste a pic from my albums in one of my posts on DIS this morning either. And it "burped" some pics of mine away briefly a couple of weeks ago causing me to lose some entries into contests here on the DIS. I do not know what is going on there and there is no way to contact them except by posting on their forum which is somewhat of a disaster zone. If I didn't have thousands of pics hosted there I would move to Smugmug in a heartbeat!

I found this in a message over in the Photobucket forums:

"Hi xxxxxxx, I'm sorry for the confusion. There are a number of threads posted about this already but the information should have been included here as well.

You can still post images on other forums, it just takes a tiny bit more effort than it used to take.

We (Photobucket support) always encourage people to use the current versions of their browsers, Operating Systems, Flash, Java etc.

There currently is an issue with version 10 of Flash that does not allow for the 'one click copy' of codes from your Photobucket account.

This is the official resonse from PB ......

We are sorry that you are currently experiencing issues with the one-click copy feature provided with your Photobucket account. Adobe recently released Adobe Flash Player Version 10. There were changes in that program to prevent problems with potentially dangerous content being added to your clipboard. Those changes interacted with the one-click copy feature provided by Photobucket.

Photobucket is actively working on a resolution for the issue and plans to have that available in the near future.

Some browsers use an add-on (plugin) version of the Adobe Flash Player while others use the version downloaded and installed directly onto your computer. These versions can be different. It is possible that trying a different web browser from your same computer may allow the one-click feature to work for you. Please be sure to use one of our supported browsers. http://photobucket.com/faq?catID=57&...=f&topicID=623

Beta versions of browsers are not supported by Photobucket.

Suggested browsers -

Internet Explorer - http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/ie/default.mspx
Firefox - http://www.firefox.com/
Safari - http://www.apple.com/safari/download/

If using another browser is not an option or does not work, we ask that you temporarily use the copy feature provided through your operating system. You can do this by:

Windows:
- Left click once over the code. Then, click your right mouse button and select Copy.
- Using the CTRL - C command on your keyboard to copy, then CTRL - V to paste

Mac:
Hold down the control key and click in the code field. Then, select copy"

HTH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter