won't share recipe!!

kehouse

Mouseketeer
i went to a funeral wake last month, and there was a wonderful bar cookie. one of my cousins goes to church with the woman and she said she has asked for the recipe many times and the lady won't give it out.:headache:so we are trying to figure it out. she calls it butter pecan bars. i know it has condensed milk (and i am pretty sure it has been cooked before being added to the crust) pecans, coconut and i thought the crust was graham crackers, but i found another recipe that uses butter pecan cake mix,so it could be that. i hate when people won't share recipes.:confused3
so hopefully some one here can help. tia

Was it a crumb crust or a solid crust? Chocolate chips, white chips? Coconut on top, or in the middle? Was everything layered, or was it all mixed together? Was the top like a pecan pie? Anything else that you remember?

no choc. chips, the crust was a soft crust, the top was almost like a fudge,with the coconut and nuts cooked in. when i look on the internet, all i see is something like magic cookies. thanks for any help.

Here are some recipes to try

http://www.pillsbury.com/Recipes/ShowRecipe.aspx?rid=14574 (has a picture)

http://www.pillsbury.com/Recipes/ShowRecipe.aspx?rid=13772 (has a picture)

EASY COCONUT PECAN COOKIE BARS
1 (8 oz.) pkg. refrigerator crescent dinner rolls
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed

1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup chopped pecans
3 tablespoons butter or margarine

1/4 c. butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In medium bowl, combine coconut, brown sugar, flour, and pecans; mix well. Using fork or pastry blender cut in butter or margarine.
Separate rolls into 2 long rectangles and place in bottom of ungreased 9 x 13 inch pan. Press to seal perforations and form a crust over the bottom of pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and spread condensed milk over crust.
Sprinkle dry mix over milk and pat firmly. Drizzle melted butter over all. Return to oven and bake 20 to 30 minutes or until bubbly. Cool and cut into bars. Makes 3 dozen.

DREAM BARS
COOKIE CRUST:
1/2 c. soft butter
1/2 c. light brown sugar, firmly packed
1 c. flour, sifted

FILLING:
2 eggs
1 c. light brown sugar, firmly packed
3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. pecans, chopped
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking powder
1 can flaked coconut
Preheat oven to 350 degrees; make cookie crust: In small bowl, cream butter and sugar until smooth, work in flour with hands until smooth. Pat into bottom of 13 x 9 inch ungreased pan. Bake 10 minutes or until golden. Cool on rack. Meanwhile make filling. In small bowl, beat eggs until light. Gradually beat in sugar, add vanilla, flour, salt and baking powder, beating until just combined. Stir in coconut and nuts. Spread over cooled crust. Bake 25 minutes or until golden and firm to the touch. Cool; cut into 30 bars with sharp knife.

Coconut-Pecan Bar Cookies
1 1/4 cups unsifted flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
2/3 cup butter
2 eggs, slightly beaten
14 oz can Eagle® Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT EVAPORATED ILK)
1 1/3 cups (one-half 7-ounce package) flaked coconut
1 cup chopped pecans
3 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips, optional
1 tsp solid shortening, optional

Preheat oven to 350º.
For crust, in large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder and baking powder. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press mixture on bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch baking pan. Bake for 12 minutes.
Remove from oven; let cool slightly.

For filling, in medium-sized bowl, combine eggs, Eagle® Brand, coconut and pecans. Pour over partially-baked crust. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until set in center. Cool. Cut into bars.
In small saucepan, melt chips with shortening if desired. Drizzle over bars.
Store loosely covered at room temperature. Yield: 48 bars
Prep Time: 15 minutes

Coconut-Pecan Bars
6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup flaked coconut
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Heat oven to 350 F. In small bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Stir in 1 cup flour.

Pat in bottom of ungreased square pan, 9x9x2 inches. Bake 12 to 17 minutes or until very light brown.

Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat eggs slightly with wire whisk. Stir in vanilla. Gradually beat in brown sugar just until blended. Beat in 2 tablespoons flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt; mix well. Stir in coconut and pecans.

Carefully spoon coconut mixture evenly over baked layer. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and filling is set. Cool 10 minutes. Run knife around edges of pan to loosen. Cool completely, about 1 hour.

mel63, wow, thanks so much. i don't think any of those are it, but boy am i ready to try those!! there was nothing chocloate in them, but i've always believed that everything is better with a little chocolate,lol. we have a family reunion coming up so i can't wait to try a few new recipes.

mel63, wow, thanks so much. i don't think any of those are it, but boy am i ready to try those!! there was nothing chocloate in them, but i've always believed that everything is better with a little chocolate,lol. we have a family reunion coming up so i can't wait to try a few new recipes.

There is recipe that Paula Deen has called butter bars. Food Network website has a few variations of it. I have added chopped pacans to it and heath pieces (to the plain version not the pumpkin.) Super easy to make...It is ALWAYS a hit at my family reunions.

Mmmmm, heath bars......:lovestruc:cloud9::woohoo: i'm gonna gain alot of weight before this reunion.lol
keep em coming. thanks santa's surpriz and mel63.

At least she came out and told you she wouldn't share. We had a neighbor who instead of telling you "no, she doesn't share" would deliberately leave out a few ingredients:mad:

I knew someone like that - my mum's friend's sister, who used to be a dinner lady (school cook) and had some wonderful recipes (she made my wedding cake) would either leave something out, or not tell you how/when to add it, or give wrong oven temp/time.

I never mins sharing because I know I make things best:rolleyes1:lmao:

At least she came out and told you she wouldn't share. We had a neighbor who instead of telling you "no, she doesn't share" would deliberately leave out a few ingredients:mad:

omg:eek: i would be so mad. she would get a special little treat, made just for her ;):rolleyes:maybe a little laxative added to her brownies:confused3.lol.
wow, i am just sitting her stunned by this.

You know when I don't share the recipe? When I don't have time, buy something at the supermaket and then transfer it to my own serving dish!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter