Woodys lunchbox

tinkerbelletreasure

DIS Veteran
We are going next month for Spring Break and I was thinking we’d try Woody’s lunchbox since it’s new. This weekend I was playing around with pre ordering and was looking at the pictures and it just really didn’t excite me looking at it. I really wish Hollywood Studios had more dining options period. I’d probably get the BBQ melt and tomato soup if we eat there. If is good?

It's not my favorite. For what it is (sandwiches) it's decent. Your assessment is correct- it's not exciting. There's nothing to really rave about, but that can be said of plenty of QS (and even TS) places.

What really keeps me away is the seating. It's SO hot over there, especially mid-day because there is little to no shade or air conditioning in TSL. There is little seating (and more than once it's been full of people who are not eating there because there is also a lack of seating in TSL). Mobile ordering is the only way to go, but both times we've ordered from there it has been chaotic and disorganized.

We really prefer Backlot Express (air conditioning, plenty of seating, and drink refills) or ABC Commissary.

It's not my favorite. For what it is (sandwiches) it's decent. Your assessment is correct- it's not exciting. There's nothing to really rave about, but that can be said of plenty of QS (and even TS) places.

What really keeps me away is the seating. It's SO hot over there, especially mid-day because there is little to no shade or air conditioning in TSL. There is little seating (and more than once it's been full of people who are not eating there because there is also a lack of seating in TSL). Mobile ordering is the only way to go, but both times we've ordered from there it has been chaotic and disorganized.

We really prefer Backlot Express (air conditioning, plenty of seating, and drink refills) or ABC Commissary.
Yeah. I have backlot down as one of our meals while there. And Fairfax Faire. I’ve done ABC Commissary almost every trip, but if I get the ribs it’s about the same price as Sci Fi and 50’s prime time. I’ve about talked myself into adding one or the other. Right now there isn’t any Sci Fi reservations available either day we are going. But I’ll keep checking. I went ahead and grabbed a time for 50’s prime time until I decide.

Yeah. I have backlot down as one of our meals while there. And Fairfax Faire. I’ve done ABC Commissary almost every trip, but if I get the ribs it’s about the same price as Sci Fi and 50’s prime time. I’ve about talked myself into adding one or the other. Right now there isn’t any Sci Fi reservations available either day we are going. But I’ll keep checking. I went ahead and grabbed a time for 50’s prime time until I decide.

I like Fairfax Fare as well!
Keep checking Sci-Fi, or set up a reservation with Touring Plans. I've had good luck at the last minute.

I had the BBQ melt and it was really good! I'd order it again for sure! My daughter had the "Totchos" and she loved them!! I tired them and they were delicious! We just had to go there b/c it was new...we will go back again....For me lots of Disney restaurants are "one and done" , but this will be a repeat quick service place for us.

We enjoy eating here. Every time the ordering was organized and the cast members were friendly. My son and I like the brisket and my daughter likes the tachos. The "poptart" dessert is also very good. Seating can be an issue. I usually send my daughter to stalk (err politely wait) until a table comes open while my son and I are in line. My son is in a wheelchair so it can be a bit tricky to move throughout the area but each time we have gotten quick seating. With the lack of choices in DHS this is one we will continue to eat at. As a table service we only like Brown Derby which gets too expensive for 3 or 4 people so Woody's it is!

I haven't heard good things about the place so I haven't tried it yet. The area I feel was poorly designed when it's hot out there is almost no shade anywhere. If you're interested in an alternative option, Sci-Fi Dine-In has good sandwiches and burgers. The themeing is really cool and it's inside so you'd get out of the sun for a bit.

We went through several scenerios last night. My kids still love ABC, so we thought about letting them eat there while we eat at Brown Derby or the Derby lounge just to have a nice dinner to ourselves. But my fiancé decided if he wanted a steak on vacation, he’d rather not get one at a theme park. Cause let’s face it, we could all eat at Benihana for what it would cost the 2 of us at the Brown Derby. And seating is a big issue for me. I have mobility issues and may be in a wheelchair part of the time. And my oldest son is autistic. So he needs the routine of sitting down,ect. And I’ve encountered the no seating delinmna in Animal Kingdom before and it can really sour my day, so if I can avoid that, I do. So for now, we have the 50’s Primetime reservations and I have touring plans looking for a Sci Fi reservation. We’ve never eaten at either one so it should be a fun experience. And I might try Woodys next summer when I take my daughter in her senior trip and I won’t have the younger kids with me. Maybe Star Wars land will help thin out some of the crowding problems in Toy Story land. But thanks for all the input.

Our party of 5 adults and 1 child tried pretty much every item on the menu during our January trip. The BBQ Brisket Melt was just okay some of the pieces of meat were super fatty. The Smoked Turkey Sandwich was a solid meh, the kid hated it because he was not a fan of seedy bread. The Totchos were a hit! Easily shareable between two as a snack, also a great sized meal for one. The sleeper hit though was the Grilled Three Cheese Sandwich with Tomato-basil Soup. Deliciously cheesy and melty, the soup was perfect for dipping, we ended up having to order two more since others weren't as thrilled with their choices. I would go back and order this again because it was just that good. We also loved both flavors of the Lunchbox Tarts. They were pretty rich so we all ended up having half of one to throw in our bags, but they made a great snack for later. Seating is kinda terrible so two of us mobile ordered for everyone and then the rest spread out in the seating area waiting for a table to open up. If you can avoid going at peak lunch hour that would be your best chance for getting a seat.

I had the grilled cheese with tator tots. In a pinch, it'll do I guess. But i'd much rather eat at SciFi or 50's. If you cant get an ADR, keep trying! And if you really must do QS, i'd just leave the park to be honest. Lol. QS options are awful at HS.

We haven't eaten there yet but I really want that Grilled cheese, but why oh why isn't there indoor seating. All the photos I see of TSL there is just no shade. What a silly design.
We really enjoy Backlot Express, lots of options and the caprese sandwich there is the bomb, and loads of seating.

We had the lunch box tarts and the smoked turkey breakfast sandwich back in August. I didn’t think any of it was noteworthy. Plus it was super hot out even in the morning, so that didn’t help, and there weren’t enough seats. I was more interested in the free ice water cups they had ready.

I ate there last Sept for lunch and thought it was terrible. Prob first time I have described a WDW restaurant with that word. I had the brisket sandwich and the chocolate tart. Both had little to no flavour. CMs messed up my drink order and when I watched them pour the wrong drink and questioned it, they insisted they were correct. I had already been in line with no shade for 30 plus mins just to order. Another 15 mins at the counter while they got my order together. It was hotter than the sun, I had to fight for a table, found a standing table with no umbrella, suffered through my food and while sharing with another guest, had a family of 6 push in. Given how bad the food and drink was, I let them have the table. One of the worst meals in 10 plus years of visiting WDW. I was excited to try something new in HS esp given how slim the QS offerings are. I won't go back. I have no doubt that Disney purposely invested the bare minimum here and provided few tables and no shade because they know Galaxy's Edge is coming and this place will be left behind and have low demand once the stampede to Star Wars Land starts. No hesitation in recommending that you go somewhere and anywhere else. Sandwiches, frozen tater tots and knock off pop tarts are not worth an hour of your park time.

Hows breakfast?

I thought the breakfast food was good. Overall, my family really enjoys eating here. The atmosphere is fun although it can be really difficult to get a table. We got the breakfast sandwich and the smores french toast. The breakfast sandwich was good. I'm glad we tried the smores french toast but it was messy and really rich. Not sure I would get it again. My kids liked it. We also got the lunchbox tarts. They were ok, kind of dry.

I really enjoyed lunch more. The brisket melt was really good. The tatchos were something a little different. The pasta salad was surprisingly good.

Never had breakfast but we have eaten there multiple times for lunch and loved it. The PP who mentioned the grilled cheese was absolutely correct, it is delicious (I think they use cream cheese in it and the bread has a garlicy taste to it). The raspberry tart was awesome as well. I will agree that the area is directly in the sun mostly so if its a hot day that could be miserable, but we will back again this upcoming trip just for those 2 things.

The turkey breakfast sandwich was delicious. So delicious in fact, that I was not upset that my DH ordered it (and two drinks) for our younger son while I took the older one on SDD, instead of heading over to the stroller where we had snacks and drinks in our bag.

We ate dinner there a few weeks ago, we both had the grilled cheese with the tomato soup and both liked it. We also had each of the tarts and liked those too.

I’m a plain Jane type eater and this one I will not return to. The turkey sandwich was dry even with adding a ton of mayo and my husband did not care for the brisket melt maybe that was what it was called. The tator tots were soggy as well, and it’s always fun to hunt for a table which is nonexistent there besides if you want to stand then you’re stil lucky to get a table top.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter