WOOHOO!just booked april2003

katypop

DIS Veteran
hi all,
sorry, but i just had to share ;) heard the aaa rates were out for 2003 so called and booked csr for april-may 2003 for 10 nights.:D i got a rate of 135.00 which includes tax, not as good as this year's rate of 99.00 plus tax but i can always hope for a good code to come along. this will be my first solo trip, dd and ds do not want to come along. :( but i've decided i want to go and am busy planning already, there's still lots i haven't done, such as hoop dee doo . since there will be only me i thought i might splurge for a massage(I've never had one) and treat myself to afternoon tea at the grand floridian. it would be fun if there was a dismeet while i am there but am not counting on that. i can hardly wait!

ds and i are flying to PEI in two weeks and we are really looking forward to that too!

kathe:D

Excellent news Katypop! I think going on a solo trip would be awesome. Definitely hit the GF for the tea, and what about shopping around the world in EPCOT. My family always complains when I want to do that! I'd also try all of the things that may be too expensive when having to pay for an entire family - Cirque du Soleil etc.

Have fun planning.

Hi Kathe:wave:

Sounds like you have a special trip coming up and everything sounds so nice......especially the massage part! LOL!;) We'll be down in Orlando too from about March 14 to April 4th 2003! Have a ball starting to plan!!!:D

thanks PoohBWV and Sammi,
Cirque du Soleil is something i am considering, i haven't been to the Westside dd yet so thought maybe an early dinner in one of the restaurants there , check out the stores then on to the show!

by the way Sammi, how is your ds doing? hope he is all healed. my ds still has some healing but we are getting there.

Kathe if you are lucky enough to get tickets for Cirque then go for it!!! We saw the show Dec/2000 and it was fantastic! It was worth every tiny, little, Canadian penny to see it!;)

Our DS is coming along great but I'm sure in the back of his mind this attack will always be there. Since he was jumped there have been several others.....one guy had a $5000.00 bike and received 2 broken legs with a baseball bat!:( Our DS doesn't go anywhere near that area since he's moved back home.....thank goodness.:D

Good to hear that your DS is getting back to life too but for him (especially at his age) it'll be very hard. Are there any more surgeries for him or is he finished with everything? Send him my best wishes Kathe!:wave: :sunny:

Katypop,
We just got back from PEI. Just to let you know... take long pants and tops. It was pretty cool compared to the weather we are getting here in Ontario. It went down to 1 degree on evening and it is windy. Also the black flies are really bad too!
Other than that, trip was great.
have fun!

Kathe, your solo trip sounds wonderful! I have gone to afternoon tea at the GF on my own a few times now and it's one of my favourite things to do! Then I go and sit in the lobby and listen to the pianist and the small jazz band which plays from the second floor balcony. Dh has usually been off golfing and DSs have had their own plans. I think I could quite easily go on a solo trip, there are so many things I love to do on my own (like shop, visit the other resorts, etc.) Next time I definitely want to go to Cirque, too!

It's good to hear that both your sons, Kathe and Sammi, are doing well. Sending continued good wishes for their recoveries.

I'll be interested in hearing how some friends of mine made out in PEI, tigger2on. They headed out there camping a couple of weeks ago and sounds like they might have had to turn on their furnace in their pop-up. They should be back any day now. Kathe, hope you and your DS have a good time out there.
:D

YIPPY! SO HAPPY YOU ARE GOING BACK!

Isn't April lovely! It's my fav time of year to go! HAVE A BLAST, SandraC (aka Katypop's stow-away)

Congratulations...sounds like it's going to be a great trip. And you're right, you'll probably be able to get a better rate when it gets closer (but the rate you got is pretty good anyway). Enjoy your palnning - it's one of the best parts of a trip. :D

4 more days 'til PEI!:D :D thanks for the tip on the cool weather out there Tigger2on. my parents actually have a cottage on the island and stay there from may until sept so we have visited them every summer for the past 10 years(except one year when we went to wdw:D ) the weather can change quite quickly. they are on the north shore overlooking the ocean, beautiful but sometimes pretty windy. where abouts did you stay and visit on the island?

Cindy, glad your ds is doing so well, and staying away from what sounds like a rotten neighborhood, how terrible that such things go on in this world. my ds is doing well, but has some muscle damage which may not heal, and his eye was pushed back somewhat so he may opt for plastic surgery to help pull it forward, but they don't like to do this surgery for at least 6 months until all healing is done.

TimNDansMom, thanks for the good wishes, i didn't know about the pianist or jazz band on the balcony, i can hardly wait to go
:)

DisneyLisa, yes i am very happy with the rate i got but its fun to watch and hope for something better, ;) but i won't be dissapointed if it doesn't happen, i am thankful i am going at all:)

and yes, april is a lovely month to go Sandra, and of course you can stow away with me;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter