• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Woohoo tickets have arrived

tmp

Mouseketeer
My lovely postman delivered a huge envelope this morning,just as I was getting DSs sorted out for school.
Had no idea what was inside until just peeping through the address window I spotted a tiny bit of a familiar logo-my travel documents have arrived from Disney.:cheer2: :cheer2:
Everything is in order except that I am missing two return vouchers for the VEA so at 9.02 I'm on the phone to Disney.After a 20 minute wait and a long conversation with a young man who seems to have just woken up and also sounds about 12(bless him)I am told that they had run out of vouchers but promised to send me new ones as soon as they get them.
I was already concerned about the return journey on the VEA-I wonder if its an omen:worried:
Anyway everything else is sorted.
Fantasyland breakfast is booked-never be able to do this before so I am really looking forward to getting into the park early and seeing it before the crowds arrive.Boys can't wait to go on Autopia as it has been closed everytime we have been-hope it is open or I'm in trouble:scared:
My mum is looking forward to behaving like a child again:teeth: and my DH is counting the days until he gets the house to himself so he can live like a bachelor:rolleyes:
Can you tell I'm getting excited?:hyper2:

Oh yay, that's so exciting!!! 13 days until your trip... 23 until mine... which hopefully means we'll be getting ours within the next couple of weeks! Did you book with Thomson/Lunn Poly? They said we'll receive our tickets and things about 2 weeks before departure.

I bet you're so excited! And it's great that the Fantasyland breakfast is booked. I really hope ours is confirmed because I've always wanted to do it! It's on a Monday so should (fingers crossed) be okay!

I hope the VEA thing is sorted out soon. I get superstitous about things like that too - you wouldn't believe how many "omens" I've seen regarding our trip! One thing that's weird is that the word "blood" keeps popping up everywhere in my trip-planning. If that's not enough to scare me, I don't know what is!

Fingers crossed and touch wood, everything will be fine for both our trips! pirate:

I'm excited for/with you! :)

Thanks Bonnie,
I booked direct with Disney and was told that our travel documents would arrive 10-14 days before departure so they were spot on.
There are so many things we haven't done before due to closure-we have only ever been in low season- or DH not wanting to do/see something(i.e parades/shops!!).
This time I'm in charge:eek: and my mum is happy to go with the flow so plan A is to see all the parades(and the Lion King Show) and go in all the shops we can handle.:teeth:
I feel more excited this time than any other-maybe its because I know I won't be walking round in sub-zero temperatures and I won't need to kit myself and the boys in thermals/layers/coats/hats/scarves/gloves before we leave the hotel room;)Now I've said that there will probably be freak weather during the week of 30th May:crazy2:
BTW you will love Sequoia Lodge-the Redwood Bar is lovely for a relaxing drink and good for people-watching too.:)

Great news! It's fantastic when your tickets arrive!

Great news, Tina.:sunny:

Bet you're watching out for the postman, Bonnie!:flower:

maybe its because I know I won't be walking round in sub-zero temperatures and I won't need to kit myself and the boys in thermals/layers/coats/hats/scarves/gloves before we leave the hotel room

Now you see, to me, that's the magic of DLP!!! :teeth:

Have fun gazing at your tickets!!! :Pinkbounc

Its a wonderful feeling when things start coming together and your tickets arrive....Yeah :cheer2: :cheer2:

:earsgirl:

Tina, I'm so happy for you! I love that excited feeling you get when it's all in order and a REALITY - you are really going to Disney!!

Also, I think 3-generation trips are so special. What a great way to make terrific memories for your boys! My family did a 3-generation trip to WDW a few years back, and we are still talking about the time Nana went on Splash Mountain because all the grandkids SWORE nobody ever got wet... and ... you guess it, she was splashed square in the face and got SOAKED. Here's the kicker... in the picture, which is snapped just at the crest of the drop, you see ME, in front of Nana, DUCKING DOWN... meaning that wave was meant for me but I dodged it and my Mom got it! I'll never live it down...sigh... Disney memories are forever! Hope yours are dryer, but just as much fun! Also, as I'm sure your boys know... grandmas are always good for those extra souvenir purchases that Mom thinks are "unnecessary"...
Have a fantastic time!!!
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

My boys had planned to put Nanny on the side of the tram which gets wet on the Studio Tram Tour-don't know who gave them that idea.:rolleyes1
However it will remain closed during our visit so she's had a narrow escape.:teeth:
You're certainly right about those extra souvenirs Jody-but as DH isn't with us on this trip I think I will probably be just as gullible.In fact I have a feeling I may come home with more than the boys.;)

Just got my Eurostar tickets :cool1: :Pinkbounc Ive just checked and weve got a table to sit round! The boys think we are staying off site but I booked standard at Disneyland Hotel so now ive gotta keep the secret!!! They think weve got to collect out tickets from the DH because its more convienient! Little white lies!!! But all in a good cause.
Hope you have a wonderful time tmp - and we'll have none of that freak weather thank you - unless its a heatwave of course! :sunny:

I agree, it's a great thrill when your tickets arrive :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I put mine 'safely' in a drawer but had to keep checking to make sure they were still there. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Another trip widget?You lucky thing:teeth:
Will look forward to another fab trip report.
Are you there during halfterm?
Hope you enjoy the Disneyland Hotel-I'm determined to stay there the next time I visit.
Good luck keeping it secret from your boys.:ssst:

We go 2 - 5th June so back indoors at 9pm just intime for bath and bed before school Monday!!
I cant wait. Its been a rough year and a half for my kids and I figure lifes to short and as long as I can afford to pay my way with the bills, im gonna spend everything else on holidays and short breaks. After all, you never know when it will all grind to a halt through lack of funds (or energy!!)

Totally agree with you widget-life's too short and you have to make the most of each moment.
My mum has had a tough year and I can't wait for the look on her face when she sees the castle for the first time.I'm getting a lump in my throat already!

:grouphug: Ahh! Those lump in throat moments!! Get you every time dont they!!! I bet your mum will look a picture - its worth every penny when you can capture a memory like that isnt it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter