Woohoo! We're going!

hematite153

<font color=blue>DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Hon
I'm going to wdw for my birthday!

When the free admission on your birthday promotion began I was very cranky about the fact that I'd never be able to go on my birthday--it's right before Christmas.

Then, we've just had a couple of the hardest weeks of our lives and started dreaming of a trip to disney at Christmas. It started as a bit of a joke and we don't really want to be there for Christmas itself -- we're religious and being at home for our Christmas Eve service is important to us. But, then, it started sounding like fun and it gives me something to dream about for the next couple of months.

So, we started looking into it more and I convinced my DW that it was a worthwhile gift -- kind of an expensive one since our habit in recent years has been to simply go out for dinner, but, a fun one for both of us. So, I started looking at what I could book.

I lucked into airfare on points that includes an early morning direct flight to Orlando and gets us home on the 24th in time for church. Finding a place to stay has been more of a challenge. I've got AKV (Jambo House) Savannah View studio booked for my birthday night, then, 2 nights at CSR (well, right now it's booked as 3 nights...but, I'll fix that soon), then, 2 nights at SSR. I've got waitlists in play and keep calling and changing things and I have hopes that points stays will open up, but, we've always liked CSR when we've visited. We would ideally prefer to only stay at two resorts...but, I'm happy about the savannah view for my birthday.

So, we're going!!!! :cheer2:

A question:

I have a valid multiday pass that I would use if I were going to the parks on my birthday. But, because I'll be in transit early that day, I would ideally skip visiting the parks on my actual birthday. I know that I need to go to get my birthday pass on my actual birthday and that I can get a fun card instead if I have a valid multiday pass. But, I'm not sure if they will check on whether I use the multiday pass that day? In other words, can I use my valid multiday pass to get the fun card (instead of the day's admission) and then turn around and head to a waterpark for the afternoon instead?

I don't know the answer regarding your tickets but :cool1::cool1::cool1: Woo-Hoo!!! So glad you're going. I have always thought DisneyWorld must be soooo magical at Christmas time. I'm so happy for you...you deserve it! Keep us posted with plans...

Thanks folks!

I'm excited too. All of our previous attempts to stay at AKV have failed for one reason or another. So, I'm feeling pretty strongly about keeping the single night even if I can't get a 2nd one. What makes me sad is that I can't eat at all of Boma, Sanaa, Jiko and Mara in a 24 hr period.

When we got our birthday "cards" from WDW, we simply went to the ticket window (for us at the IG) presented our driver licenses and chose the gift card. We didn't have to use a ticket to get into the parks at all.

We just got back from a weekend at Kidani Village. It's incredible. You are going to love every second of your time there. DO plan on spending time at the resort.

Have a great time! ::yes::

Hey-Hey! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2
Have a great time!

Pssst - Hey what's church? :confused:

SOOOO happy for you...the parks & resorts will be SOOOO gorgeous, all decorated. Enjoy! :banana:

Now we're staying at AKV for one night and SSR for four.

Time to make more plans....

You will have such a fablous time at Christmas. The decorations are amazing, and coming from Canada, I imagine the warmer weather will be welcomed too.

I love Christmas Eve service. It is its own pixie dust for me.

Kathleen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter