Woohoo

GREAT parade! I wouldn't put too much into character greetings only because the lines can be VERY long for more rare characters. The seasonal treats are great! ...and Santa! It's so very magical! Have a great time!

Must do? Ride all the things with no wait! Oh and the snacks! and hot chocolate! It was a great night of stuffing my face and walking on rides.

Matt

What an awesome present!!!! Congrats, you will LOVE it!

So, to set your expectations... We went on a Thursday the first week in December last year. It was more crowded than I was expecting. The character lines were too long for me, most of them were 1 hour+. And we did experience higher wait times, most of rides were NOT walk-ons.

When we go back, my strategy will be to make sure I’m prepared to stay until it ends at midnight. Skip the first parade and go on rides during it. The second parade was much less crowded and I would make it a priority to watch it from Main Street. I unexpectedly saw the parade twice on our night and it was amazing on Main Street, really special!

Also, I was able to get 2 FPs with my MVMCP ticket. One at 4pm and one at 5pm before the normal park hours officially close and the party starts. We did Jingle Cruise and 7DMT, it was really nice having the FPs. Then we jumped in line for BTMR just before closing at 11:58pm and it was a walk-on.

We did MVMCP in 2014 and enjoyed the fireworks and LOVED the parade....it was FREEZING that night, like 45 degrees (our trip was 11/17-11/22) and our parade spot was in front of Main Street Bakery.I bought a blanket at the Emporium and we huddled up with our mochas and had fun. We went on a lot of rides and posed with Santa Goofy...we are going 11/21 this year and I just want to do it very "Christmasey" and less rides.In Chicago we have a big parade on Michigan Ave sponsored by WDW the Saturday before Thanksgiving,which usually lands near my birthday, so seeing the "real" parade is a thrill, as we watched the Chicago one for YEARS as a family until we could afford our trips. Just soak in the atmosphere...wear Christmas garb and grab the free treats and enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts