Wooooooo, that is a whole lot of years, lol!

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Sitting on the couch next to hubby and I pulled up one of Disney's stock photos of the resort and made it my wallpaper. I finally got him to notice it and I mentioned, hey that would be a great 25th anniversary trip, for next year. Then he is like, where is that? Me-silent. He keeps looking, realizing it is Disney by the logo on the pic, where is that at? Me- after a pause, Hawaii. He says, wooooo, that is a whole lot of flying!!!! I say woooooo, twenty-five is a whole lot of years. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Last edited:
He says, wooooo, that is a whole lot of flying!!!! I say woooooo, that is a whole lot of years.
It sure is!! You’ve got the right idea too! We’re also planning to go for our 25th, but that’s 2022. Happy planning!!

It sure is!! You’ve got the right idea too! We’re also planning to go for our 25th, but that’s 2022. Happy planning!!
Its a long shot. But hey, why not dream and it could happen. Dreaming is really good for the soul right now.

Its a long shot. But hey, why not dream and it could happen. Dreaming is really good for the soul right now.
Just plan it and then work your plan!

Go ahead and make some fully refundable hotel reservations just in case. Then start watching for good deals on flights. Then, start saving money! I always save all my change to pay for our food in the parks. Then I saw someone posted here on the DIS that they save for their Disney trips by saving every 5 dollar bill they get...well that’s adding up a lot faster!!

Worst case, you end up with an envelope full of cash to use for something else on your anniversary 😬

Depending on where you are flying from and how you plan it, Hawaii can actually be a lot cheaper than a WDW vacation.

I think if you eat at Aulani every day it wont be (LOL, food is pretty pricey within the resort) but there are lots of options within walking and driving distance.

If you do a split stay on Oahu or another Hawaiian island with a few nights, maybe 3, at Aulani you can save a bit as well. Don't be fooled by staying in Waikiki proper though, it can be as expensive if not more so than Aulani depending on where you stay.

If the cost isn't the issue and only the flying distance is, then perhaps think about a two step vacation with Disneyland being part of it to break up the flight. We have done that a couple of times and it really feels like an amazing long indulgent vacation.

My DH and I also had plans to go next year for our 25th anniversary, and DD is graduating high school, was gonna be our big trip. Really hope it can happen!!!

Would plan a date of September/October 2021 if it was to happen. It is a big if, but why not dream, it could happen.

Depending on where you are flying from and how you plan it, Hawaii can actually be a lot cheaper than a WDW vacation.

I think if you eat at Aulani every day it wont be (LOL, food is pretty pricey within the resort) but there are lots of options within walking and driving distance.

If you do a split stay on Oahu or another Hawaiian island with a few nights, maybe 3, at Aulani you can save a bit as well. Don't be fooled by staying in Waikiki proper though, it can be as expensive if not more so than Aulani depending on where you stay.

If the cost isn't the issue and only the flying distance is, then perhaps think about a two step vacation with Disneyland being part of it to break up the flight. We have done that a couple of times and it really feels like an amazing long indulgent vacation.
Cost will always be a factor. Well I have three grand of it now. And I would have to save up a good bit more. Yes, we would be splitting up the flights. No way he or I want to do a single flight that long. That will add cost to the budget but at least one night before and after in California is a must. But makes me wonder what he is going to do when they want him to fly over to Belgium for his job one day. And I bet that will be on the table at some point next year because it has already been mentioned this year.

Would plan a date of September/October 2021 if it was to happen. It is a big if, but why not dream, it could happen.

Honestly, mid to late Sept is such a fantastic time to go. Summer crowds are gone, kids are back to school and the prices drop a bit. Of course who know now with covid but usually this is the case. The Hawaii schools are out for a break in early Oct so keep that in mind

Honestly, mid to late Sept is such a fantastic time to go. Summer crowds are gone, kids are back to school and the prices drop a bit. Of course who know now with covid but usually this is the case. The Hawaii schools are out for a break in early Oct so keep that in mind
Right. July is our actual anniversary month but that time frame ain't happening.

Cost will always be a factor. Well I have three grand of it now. And I would have to save up a good bit more. Yes, we would be splitting up the flights. No way he or I want to do a single flight that long. That will add cost to the budget but at least one night before and after in California is a must. But makes me wonder what he is going to do when they want him to fly over to Belgium for his job one day. And I bet that will be on the table at some point next year because it has already been mentioned this year.
Three grand! Well you’ve already got your flights paid for! And maybe one night of hotel too! (I’m enabling again....LOL)

If you are going to stop in California, then check out Southwest for flying. They can be as low as $125 each way from San Francisco Bay Area airports. Next Spring Break (which is a higher price point) was $255 one way and $190 for the return out of Sacramento (which is usually higher than the Bay Area airports). Also, if you buy with Southwest points, you can put the points back if you end up having to cancel. Have fun planning!

If you are going to stop in California, then check out Southwest for flying. They can be as low as $125 each way from San Francisco Bay Area airports. Next Spring Break (which is a higher price point) was $255 one way and $190 for the return out of Sacramento (which is usually higher than the Bay Area airports). Also, if you buy with Southwest points, you can put the points back if you end up having to cancel. Have fun planning!
Thanks. This is all just a "dream" right now, but my husband knows I want to go and it could happen. I was in California six months ago with him. Delta will be the flight to California, no doubt. I might be able to get him to fly Hawaiian airlines to the island, might. If it weren't to happen next year, then maybe the next, who knows what the future holds anymore. But we never really knew that anyway.

Three grand! Well you’ve already got your flights paid for! And maybe one night of hotel too! (I’m enabling again....LOL)
Right now with looking at my flights for a mock trip in December, January, I can get them for around $1600.00. Delta/Hawaiian. And hoping for a possible 25% discount on the room, maybe that could be three nights in the cheapest room they got?

Right now with looking at my flights for a mock trip in December, January, I can get them for around $1600.00. Delta/Hawaiian. And hoping for a possible 25% discount on the room, maybe that could be three nights in the cheapest room they got?
Is that comfort class? We only paid $1100 for ours in coach, Delta all the way. I’m betting you’ll get 35% off a room, or a buy 4 get 1 free. Looks like our football season is a bust, so I just got my ticket refund to add to my fund!

Is that comfort class? We only paid $1100 for ours in coach, Delta all the way. I’m betting you’ll get 35% off a room, or a buy 4 get 1 free. Looks like our football season is a bust, so I just got my ticket refund to add to my fund!
No, that is two tickets in Main cabin to LAX, then two more in the main cabin on Hawaiian. 1100.00 sounds great. But those are just mock numbers right now. Maybe 6-8 weeks out they might be cheaper? I really don't know.

You might want to check out flying from San Diego instead of LAX - it was cheaper for me to fly out of San Diego on Hawaiian Airlines than LAX.

You might want to check out flying from San Diego instead of LAX - it was cheaper for me to fly out of San Diego on Hawaiian Airlines than LAX.
I have flown into San Diego before and it was high, but I do know to check out all the spots from time to time as they can all have different pricing. My poor husband is boarding a plane now, and he is hating on that, lol.

I hate flying far too. We have a southwest VISA and used points to fly to LAX, stayed the night and flew to HI the next day on AA. Did the same thing on the way home. Worked out great. AA was $400 round trip per person, not bad. If you sign up for the SW Visa they are offering 50,000 points (I can provide referral link if you like) and that should be enough to get you and your husband to LAX from almost anywhere in the country. If looking at 2022 you may have enough SWA points to pay for the whole thing by then. We put all spending on our card and pay it off each month and it adds up fast. Pretty much how we "pay" for flights for all our Disney Vacations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter