World Cup 2018 Picks

That's Neymar, yeah. Extremely talented player, but way over the top on the theatrics.

Didn't see the game live today, but he had his foot stepped on while one of the Mexican players tried to get the ball from him while he was doing one of his usual overreactions. As soon as he felt the foot on top of his ankle, he started writhing around like they chopped the foot off.

Once he got 'treatment' on the sidelines for about 30 seconds, he ran right back onto the field with no limp whatsoever. :rolleyes:

And that isn't even his worst characteristic. His huge ego and how terrible of a team mate he is makes him so hateable. Very few teams have someone with the spine of Sir Alex to remind even the best player in the world he is not bigger than the club. I like Brazil but don't want them to win anything while he is in that side.

No comments on the Belgium/Japan game?

While I admit I almost fell asleep in the first half, the second half was non stop action. I was rooting for Japan, they played great, but blew a 2 goal lead so Belgium was deserving of this win.

That's Neymar, yeah. Extremely talented player, but way over the top on the theatrics.

Didn't see the game live today, but he had his foot stepped on while one of the Mexican players tried to get the ball from him while he was doing one of his usual overreactions. As soon as he felt the foot on top of his ankle, he started writhing around like they chopped the foot off.

Once he got 'treatment' on the sidelines for about 30 seconds, he ran right back onto the field with no limp whatsoever. :rolleyes:
>More to the point, the moment the call was made and he had nothing more to gain from his idiotic performance, he popped right back up and played as if it never happened. I wish the refs could teat him like the child he is acting like and tell him since he his obviously SO injured he can just sit himself on the bench and nurse his wounds the rest of the match.

On the plus side, DS19 and I took first prize in our local pub quiz tonight, bonus points for best team name put us in the lead:
Team Neymar: we're going to roll around on the floor until you give us the prize.

No comments on the Belgium/Japan game?

While I admit I almost fell asleep in the first half, the second half was non stop action. I was rooting for Japan, they played great, but blew a 2 goal lead so Belgium was deserving of this win.

Yeah, I really thought Japan was going to win that one.

The England game gave me a heart attack today.

I take it Mr. Posh Spice has retired.

I felt for sure that England would blow it after Colombia scored in the final minutes to tie it.

That English player Harry Kane is a hunk.

058145E2000007D0-5904601-image-a-2_1530385244685.jpg

I take it Mr. Posh Spice has retired.

I felt for sure that England would blow it after Colombia scored in the final minutes to tie it.

That English player Harry Kane is a hunk.

058145E2000007D0-5904601-image-a-2_1530385244685.jpg

David Beckham last played in a World Cup forEngland in 2006.

And yes, Harry Kane is the best great thing.

>More to the point, the moment the call was made and he had nothing more to gain from his idiotic performance, he popped right back up and played as if it never happened. I wish the refs could teat him like the child he is acting like and tell him since he his obviously SO injured he can just sit himself on the bench and nurse his wounds the rest of the match.

On the plus side, DS19 and I took first prize in our local pub quiz tonight, bonus points for best team name put us in the lead:
Team Neymar: we're going to roll around on the floor until you give us the prize.

Actually they can. They just won't.

It's not a soccer game until a Euroflopper (or Neymar) gets a call.

My fave. The guy in red walks up behind the guy in yellow, grabs his arm, swings it into his own face, and flops.

Last edited:

We are now one England win away from an ALL WORLD SHOWCASE FINAL!

Or,more specifically a CORNER OF WORLD SHOWCASE FINAL!

The France CMs were so excited with their win yesterday-I hope the England CMS get to have that "high" today!

IT'S COMING HOME!

We were in Limoges, France lady night. They were celebrating like they'd won the final . Loud and late into the night (I'm not complaining, I like seeing people so happy)

Go Croatia! Long shot, but hey they be made it this far . One more could happen

I was really pulling for Belgium yesterday - no specific reason, I just like many of the players and the way they play the game. At least we get to see Mbappe (love the name!) play in the final - he's a fun player to watch, amazing he's only 19.

I was really pulling for Belgium yesterday - no specific reason, I just like many of the players and the way they play the game. At least we get to see Mbappe (love the name!) play in the final - he's a fun player to watch, amazing he's only 19.
I was pulling for Belgium too. They've been a good, solid team for years and most will retire before the next cup. I wanted to see them go out on a high note.

But it WAS fun watching Mbappe. Talent, team player, no antics ala Neymar or Ronaldo--- just a great player with tons of potential who comes across as a class act on and off the pitch.

But it WAS fun watching Mbappe. Talent, team player, no antics ala Neymar or Ronaldo--- just a great player with tons of potential who comes across as a class act on and off the pitch.

To be fair, while generally I agree with you, Mbappe did have probably the worst acting job of the World Cup - but an isolated incident, not a continual thing like Neymar.

3f7b2debbdc153c356a02a14578db859

To be fair, while generally I agree with you, Mbappe did have probably the worst acting job of the World Cup - but an isolated incident, not a continual thing like Neymar.

3f7b2debbdc153c356a02a14578db859
Huh. Shoot. I was excited for a new crop of players led by someone who plays the dang game . I did not see that match

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter