World Cup 2018 Picks

The English goalie's appearance reminds me of the stereotypical British soccer hooligan.

Jordan-Pickford-injury-985651.jpg

No matter what country, you would think their supporters would stop them from flopping...

While I hate the true 'flopping', there's something to be said about drawing fouls as a part of the game (no different than a basketball player drawing a charge). My own son is learning that sometimes, even when you could still fight through an attempted foul, going down and 'taking the foul' is often the better choice (e.g. if the free kick is in a good scoring spot or it would be a penalty kick).

My issue is with those who are so over dramatic about it or completely faking a foul. The rolling all over the ground stuff for minutes, only to pop back up with not even the slightest limp, is ridiculous. At least fake a limp, go over to the sidelines and get some of that magic spray on the 'injured' body part before rejoining the game. You know, play the role through the whole way. ;)

Yeah, most players do their share of flopping, but IMO, certain countries and regions tend to be the ones who go way over the top with the theatrics.

While I hate the true 'flopping', there's something to be said about drawing fouls as a part of the game (no different than a basketball player drawing a charge). My own son is learning that sometimes, even when you could still fight through an attempted foul, going down and 'taking the foul' is often the better choice (e.g. if the free kick is in a good scoring spot or it would be a penalty kick).

My issue is with those who are so over dramatic about it or completely faking a foul. The rolling all over the ground stuff for minutes, only to pop back up with not even the slightest limp, is ridiculous. At least fake a limp, go over to the sidelines and get some of that magic spray on the 'injured' body part before rejoining the game. You know, play the role through the whole way. ;)

Yeah, most players do their share of flopping, but IMO, certain countries and regions tend to be the ones who go way over the top with the theatrics.

There is a difference between drawing a soft foul and flopping. Look at the penalty Fabio Grosso earned against Australia in the second round in 2006. It was soft and Grosso didn't have to go down but it was smart that he did. That wasn't a flop. Grosso didn't writhe around like he was on fire, he just felt contact and fell.

What people like Neymar does is not that, it is the over-exaggeration of nothing that gets so annoying.

I thought Croatia played really dirty. Very disappointed by the result.

Didn’t get to watch the game but I was really hoping for an England/France final.

I thought Croatia played really dirty. Very disappointed by the result.

The referee was very poor. It's his fault for not getting things under control earlier in the match. Croatia players should have been given yellow cards very early in the match and the referee let them off the hook.

I was pretty dissappointed with how rough Croatia played int he first thirty or so minutes, especially number 6 whose name is escaping me this morning, but they reigned it in after that--and I think the ref did a reasonable job---he made lots of calls and England had many chances they squandered.

I think England had a good run, but they ran out of stamina by the second half of last night's game. They looked exhausted out there---their keeper looked almost asleep when Croatia made their second goal.

I was pretty dissappointed with how rough Croatia played int he first thirty or so minutes, especially number 6 whose name is escaping me this morning, but they reigned it in after that--and I think the ref did a reasonable job---he made lots of calls and England had many chances they squandered.

I think England had a good run, but they ran out of stamina by the second half of last night's game. They looked exhausted out there---their keeper looked almost asleep when Croatia made their second goal.

I don't think Croatia played dirty. They had a game plan to foul England in the first half hour to try and slow down some of their attack which is a perfectly legitimate tactic. It happens every week when a slower team faces a faster team at club level. See every Stoke game in the Pulis era for example.

England is not a good team and only made it as far as they did because of the way their side of the bracket worked out which is good for them. They faced two real challenges in the entire tournament (Belgium and Croatia) and both beat them which was expected. Even Columbia that is slightly above average at best forced them to penalties without their best player.

I don't think Croatia played dirty. They had a game plan to foul England in the first half hour to try and slow down some of their attack which is a perfectly legitimate tactic. It happens every week when a slower team faces a faster team at club level. See every Stoke game in the Pulis era for example.

England is not a good team and only made it as far as they did because of the way their side of the bracket worked out which is good for them. They faced two real challenges in the entire tournament (Belgium and Croatia) and both beat them which was expected. Even Columbia that is slightly above average at best forced them to penalties without their best player.

I totally disagree. England played well all tournament. Their pace was their trademark. Forget the Belgium game. Neither had a stake in that game and both teams played second stringers. So all that game told us was Belgium's bench was better than England's. They lost to Croatia due to Croatia's experience and for some unexplicable reason, went away from the tactics that got them there.

Disagree with the assessment of the 2nd Croatian goal. The English goalie never had a chance. It was the English defense that was asleep there.

Disagree with the assessment of the 2nd Croatian goal. The English goalie never had a chance. It was the English defense that was asleep there.
I thought pretty much all the English looked like they were sleepwalking out there by that point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter