World of Color and Fantasmic Dining Packages- Worth It?

Andrea0710

Mouseketeer
I was trying to find more information on the World of Color Dining Package and Fantasmic Dining Package. Since we are traveling with a 5 year old with mild- moderate autism, I would like to avoid waiting around and jockeying to get a spot as much as possible. I am hoping these packages will help with that. Any information would be greatly appreciated, along with any comments on the different restaurants that are included. Thanks in advance!

We have done both packages and have not been impressed. Even with shelling out the extra bucks you will still be waiting in a line to get to your spot and will be squished in like cattle. With the WOC package i felt like the regular fastpass guys even got better viewing and we had done Carthay Circle.
With F! package we did Blue Bayou and still lined up 2 hours early. Good luck saving seats if you move, people will keep scootching up closer and closer to save hubs or a kids seat so plan on having your whole group there the whole time
Definitely would not do it again.

I guess it's all about expectations. We did both on our 2015 trip and we are doing them again in a few weeks.

For F! you at least get to sit on the ground instead of standing, and with BB you get a squishy foam cushion. A few rows back doesn't really matter in that area.

For WOC, we lined up early and got front row. Best way to see that show IMO.

You DO get the best viewing area, but bear in mind that you WILL still have to arrive early if you want a decent spot. You will NOT be able to turn up 15 minutes before showtime and expect to get a great seat.

For WOC, if you want an actual chair, then investing in the Dessert Party may be your best option. It is pricey, but it will allow you to have chairs at a small table, a dessert plate, and beverages. This option has the least amount of waiting (although there is still some wait time involved).

Another vote for WoC dessert party. You get actual seats and some space around your table, a small amount but it was appreciated. We just did it 2 weeks ago.

PS it says to get there 1/2hour before? Something like that. But of course, people lined up quite a bit before that. However you could have one in your party join that line, and have the rest join in before it moved forward. We wanted a high top table, front row, and still got it. We were 2nd table from the left end, which seemed on the side. But when show started, we felt like we were in the center. (You might like the last table all the way to the left).

Did you look into the River Belle Terrace upgrade? See the other thread - one poster had a positive experience and what is appealing about it is you are NOT in the crowds jockeying around for position. All you have to do is show up for your 8 o'clock dinner reservation. Her(?) group was in the back row and got/had to stand but she said her father sat the whole time with 3-year-old in lap and they saw everything.

We're doing the WOC dessert party and the RBT Premium Seating package for F! where you sit at your table at RBT for the show. We did the dessert party last year and absolutely loved it. Pricey, but so worth it to have a table to relax at and not have to battle the crowds. I'm hoping the F! Premium seating package is decent as well. It's only a $15 upcharge per person from the regular dining package so I figured it's worth a try to not have to fight the crowds for a spot in the other viewing areas. They might be worth considering for your trip?

We did the Carthay Circle lunch package for WOC. Carthay Circle has its own viewing area and it did not fill up. We showed up at 8:20 and still got a spot at that railing.

We did the RBT package for F! If we did it again, we would choose BB. Our meal at RBT wasn't very good. I think we got to the viewing area around 8, and sat one row back from the railing.

We just did the WOC dessert party a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was AWESOME! Booked it a couple of hours before. It was soo nice to have a place to sit, the desserts were good, and my DD LOVED the synchronized light up cup! I highly recommend it!

My son has autism also, and I didn't want to fight crowds or wait in long lines to try to get a spot to stand in.

The dining package didn't appeal to me since he is picky about meals.

We just did the WOC dessert party a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was AWESOME! Booked it a couple of hours before. It was soo nice to have a place to sit, the desserts were good, and my DD LOVED the synchronized light up cup! I highly recommend it!

My son has autism also, and I didn't want to fight crowds or wait in long lines to try to get a spot to stand in.

Awesome!

Napoleon, I would love to hear about your experience with your son and how Disneyland was for him since I do not know what to expect.

My son is older, he is 18, mild/moderate also. This trip was his graduation from high school gift! We have been to WDW about 20 times, and Disney is his favorite thing! We utilized the DAS along with the paper fast pass system, and we rarely waited in a long line. It worked out great. Many times the fast pass return times would be 5 minutes from when we pulled the fast pass, and the standby line would be like 30 minutes! So definitely look at the fast pass return times. We used the DAS for things that had a super long wait, such as the Guardians of the Galaxy ride, Toy Story Mania, Peter Pan, the Radiator Springs Racers, etc.

He has really come a long way over the years, and I have to say, our Disney trips really bring out the best in him, he is so happy there, especially this trip. There were so many times this trip that he would speak up and ask a cast member a question about where a character would be, and he even shouted out to a random stranger that he liked her "stitch" stuffed animal. My DD and I were thinking "who is this kid?!"...he rarely talks to people he doesn't know! It was really a great experience for us! We stayed across the street at the Courtyard Theme Park hotel, so we had a short walk to the parks.

My son is older, he is 18, mild/moderate also. This trip was his graduation from high school gift! We have been to WDW about 20 times, and Disney is his favorite thing! We utilized the DAS along with the paper fast pass system, and we rarely waited in a long line. It worked out great. Many times the fast pass return times would be 5 minutes from when we pulled the fast pass, and the standby line would be like 30 minutes! So definitely look at the fast pass return times. We used the DAS for things that had a super long wait, such as the Guardians of the Galaxy ride, Toy Story Mania, Peter Pan, the Radiator Springs Racers, etc.

He has really come a long way over the years, and I have to say, our Disney trips really bring out the best in him, he is so happy there, especially this trip. There were so many times this trip that he would speak up and ask a cast member a question about where a character would be, and he even shouted out to a random stranger that he liked her "stitch" stuffed animal. My DD and I were thinking "who is this kid?!"...he rarely talks to people he doesn't know! It was really a great experience for us! We stayed across the street at the Courtyard Theme Park hotel, so we had a short walk to the parks.

Great! I am so glad to hear that he had a wonderful experience. My son has always been in love with Cars, so we are surprising him with this trip because of Carsland. I know he will be beside himself! Did your son have any particular dietary preferences? If so, how did the restaurants accomodate that?

Great! I am so glad to hear that he had a wonderful experience. My son has always been in love with Cars, so we are surprising him with this trip because of Carsland. I know he will be beside himself! Did your son have any particular dietary preferences? If so, how did the restaurants accomodate that?

He has no dietary restrictions. I do know that they are super accommodating on the Disney Cruise (we traveled with a party that had a gluten allergy), so I imagine that carries over into the parks also!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter