World of Color at Calif Adventure - DL - WOW!

Donut23

Long-Time Disney Fan
Has anyone else peeked at the You Tube video's of dress rehearsal for World of Color at Disneyland? It reminds me of the "old days" when a Disney "over the top WOW new attraction" was the norm for Disney.

Now THIS is a BIG CHANGE to disney parks!!

Looks like we will be going back to the Grand Californian sometime soon to catch it.

Opening night at California Adventure - June 11.

If this show turns out to be good I hope they adapt it to the world showcase lagoon.

Disney is in fact changing the show in Tokyo Disney Seas, Braviseamo, to a new version of Fantasmic. In the previews I've seen for this it uses some of the WoC technology. The place where it takes place at Tokyo disney seas is most similar to the World Showcase Lagoon, in that it's central with attractions around the outside.

We were a little bummed on our last two trips because the lagoon was dry...then partially filled. However, we forgive them because I believe this show is going to be a knockout for Disney in California!

It opens on my birthday :yay: I'll get to actually go to see it in August though. Can't wait, I've snuck a look at the show too!

I had the luck of seeing it on Sunday.
All I can say is...Beautiful Show!
Not only the visuals but the music and sound system were really incredible too. We went on rides right up until they started closing them down and then wandered over to get in line for the show. It took about 10 minutes to get into the Park and find a place to stand (sit for about 30 minutes until showtime) and we selected a spot right in the center on the top step so no-one could possible stand in front of us to block our view.

Some of the stuff they did with water, motion, lights, lasers, mist, fire & video etc will blow your mind. It is like NOTHING I have ever seen before. At one point they make the water shooting upward look as though it just goes up ONLY, you can't see it dropping, I think its done with lights and I was mesmerized for a moment by that effect. Everyone has or will have their favorite parts and mine was the Pirates of the Caribbean near the end, all the red lights, fire and video worked perfectly and that part seemed the most memorable for me.

Overall I give the show an A and think the creative team, the engineers, sprinkler experts, editor's what-ever should get to have a standing ovation from the crowd! I'm still clapping and can't wait to see it again.

Here's a few show facts I haven't really seen posted anywhere;
Nearly 1200 programmable water fountains, streaming 30 to 200 feet high
Nearly one full acre of engineered superstructure (longer than a football field)
More than 36 flame effects
One of the World's Largest water screens (380 feet wide by 50 feet high, 19,000 square ft of projection surface.
More than 100 musicians and a choir of 100 voices are featured on the soundtrack.

Go! See! Enjoy!!!

I'm so excited for Disney and for California Adventure. They will be crowded this summer.

We are already planning our next trip...fly into San Francisco....Monterey, Carmel, Big Sur and on to the Grand Californian!

I'm ready!

I'm so excited for Disney and for California Adventure. They will be crowded this summer.

We are already planning our next trip...fly into San Francisco....Monterey, Carmel, Big Sur and on to the Grand Californian!

I'm ready!

Sounds like an awesome trip! you hit all the best stuff on the Coast!

Sounds like the stimulus plan to get California Adventure up to speed is successful...so far. I can't wait to see the show in a couple of weeks. :cool1:

I just saw the UStream of the premiere, and I was blown away! It was so beautiful and it gave me chills. I LOVED hearing So Close from Enchanted in the show. I wasn't able to see most of the show because my laptop has a vendetta against streaming, but I did get to hear almost everything. They need to release a soundtrack to this show, stat.

I wonder if it will be keeping up it's fresh, new, attraction excitement by the end of Summer. If so I hope they put this in Epcot. It would require a way to bend the screens into a loop. But Illuminations is getting old.

I wonder if it will be keeping up it's fresh, new, attraction excitement by the end of Summer. If so I hope they put this in Epcot. It would require a way to bend the screens into a loop. But Illuminations is getting old.

It would be nice for an upgrade for ROE but I would rather it go to DAK this show would actually be perfect for DAK since there is no loud pyro.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter