World of Color Status Watch?

Thank you! I’m super excited and just booked for April. Quick question though, is it true that it’s non refundable even if the show is canceled due to weather/technical issues? That seems really odd.

Any chance the show will start before 2/22? We'll be there next week 2/13-2/16. It would be really wonderful if the show starts in time. Maybe soft opening?

The calendar don't show WOC yet.

It is back?! WOW!! We last saw it in September 2016, just using FP viewing. I had resigned myself to no WoC this trip, but now I am thinking I should reserve a package!

Just booked the dessert party for March 13th! So excited! First time visiting DL and was hoping for at least one nighttime show!

Just booked the dessert party for March 13th! So excited! First time visiting DL and was hoping for at least one nighttime show!
Enjoy! I did the WOC dessert party with a friend of mine a couple of years ago and we loved it!

So I booked a WOC dining package for 2-26 at WCT (no availability at CC sadly). I'm nervous though because the website still has the "pardon our dust" message for WOC and it is not appearing on the entertainment schedule. Wouldnt they update all aspects of the website or is it possible dining and entertainment are not well correlated? Hopefully it really will be open.

So I booked a WOC dining package for 2-26 at WCT (no availability at CC sadly). I'm nervous though because the website still has the "pardon our dust" message for WOC and it is not appearing on the entertainment schedule. Wouldnt they update all aspects of the website or is it possible dining and entertainment are not well correlated? Hopefully it really will be open.
The website isn't always the best at keeping every aspect updated at the same time (for instance you can sometimes find refurb dates looking at the calendars on the individual ride pages that aren't listed on the main calendar page yet). I would bet dining was the first to update because they need to get reservations going asap, I wouldn't stress too much about it.

Now I wait for April 21st (Easter) to open so that we can book the Dessert Party! We will be there this weekend for our son's 11th birthday, but it looks like we will miss the re-opening by a week.

Mike

Slightly off topic question, but how long do the rides on the Pier close before WOC starts?

Slightly off topic question, but how long do the rides on the Pier close before WOC starts?
About a hour or so before. They may cut the line earlier though if the line is longer.
Hmmm. I remember they do cut off the lines at maybe an hour before but the rides seem to keep going until 15 minutes before - or so. Am I misremembering?

:wizard:

Hmmm. I remember they do cut off the lines at maybe an hour before but the rides seem to keep going until 15 minutes before - or so. Am I misremembering?

It varies by ride. I know the wheel is the first to close shop for the night though.

It varies by ride. I know the wheel is the first to close shop for the night though.
Yes that is certainly right. I think I remember CA Screamin going until 10-15 minutes before. And SSS as well. I thought TSMM stays open during WOC for other folks out there wondering - I think it is the only ride operating during WOC around the Pier.

Last edited:
Thank you! I’m super excited and just booked for April. Quick question though, is it true that it’s non refundable even if the show is canceled due to weather/technical issues? That seems really odd.
I'm not sure if you're referring to the dessert party or the dining packages. My understanding is that the dessert party is refunded if the show is cancelled. IIRC, the dining packages are not refunded if the show is cancelled last minute since you would have already had the meal. In that scenario you could stop by guest services and see if they can get you passes for the show the next day or just some regular FP to make up it, but I wouldn't expect a full refund since the meal has value on its own. If they announce that the show is cancelled early in the day, before your meal time, I would imagine they would let you cancel or convert your reservation to a regular one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!