World of Color Status Watch?

Yeah unfortunatly I completely agree. If there is a plan to show to the press on the 5th, I'd expect a bit further along than this.

When I went it was around 7pm and then 9:30pm.

I thought that permit was to install the riser on the 5th...so press viewing could be anytime after....maybe I misinterpreted it.

It's kind of hard to decipher, but the permit for this has "one day only" in it's title, so I think we're assuming this thing is going up and coming down all in one day.

There were several references to December 5th in the permit, but now that I'm looking at it again, I'm not so sure the 5th is referring to the day this will actually happen. There's now a mention of December 10th in there too for "Inspection by Fire Department", so I think we may be slightly off on the day the show will actually return. But I'd think it's still going to be very soon no matter what. I'd say the 10th is looking like a real possibility now. Maybe someone that's more of an expert on Anaheim building permits could enlighten us.

Ive got to follow this! I had given up hope for our NYE trip but now theres a glimmer! Does any one have a thought of if they would offer the dessert package this soon?

sooo... I just got off the phone with reservations to check on Fantasmic packages for January. At the end of the call I asked about any rumors for World of Color. He said “we know officially it will not start before December 31st”.

I did the same over my lunch break and got the same answer. But....they also didn't have Fantastic Dining package info for New Year's eve and had no idea if there would be a show that night until a little more than a week ago. When I saw it open mid day online, I called in for 2nd show FP and they had nothing on their screen until I said I was staying at the DLH and they saw some listed on that list. SO theres that

Ive got to follow this! I had given up hope for our NYE trip but now theres a glimmer! Does any one have a thought of if they would offer the dessert package this soon?

I think it would be easy for them to offer the dessert party as soon as they have a confirmed timeline for the show to resume. The dining packages at restaurants would be more difficult since presumably reservations have already been made at those restaurants and they may not have capacity.

Disney has also had months to noodle over new ways to take our money for this show so who knows what they’ll offer once it returns...

As a side note, the dining reservation people seem to be the most unreliable source as far as this kind of thing goes and I’d take anything they say with a big grain of salt.

sooo... I just got off the phone with reservations to check on Fantasmic packages for January. At the end of the call I asked about any rumors for World of Color. He said “we know officially it will not start before December 31st”.

I refuse to believe this until they've updated the official page (which STILL says "late 2018") :rotfl2:

little something in the interim:
4312_zpst1maeogo.jpg

I saw a couple boats out on the water but platforms have been up evvery time we went by. I was hoping it would magically come back this month, no indication of that that we’ve seen.... so sad!

Oh man, my hope are getting up again.... fingers crossed it is all going well and starts back up soon! Ready to make my reservations fast.

Haven't seen this confirmed anywhere else, but MiceChat is saying it will be back this week.

Cast and crew of World of Color are preparing for a Thursday return of DCA’s signature show. If all goes well, the holiday version of the show, World of Color Season of Light, will light up the night later this week.

Haven't seen this confirmed anywhere else, but MiceChat is saying it will be back this week.

Cast and crew of World of Color are preparing for a Thursday return of DCA’s signature show. If all goes well, the holiday version of the show, World of Color Season of Light, will light up the night later this week.
Oh I’m getting my hopes up so much! I arrive Saturday- Tuesday!

Wouldn't it have been nice if during these months of having nothing, they built up the promenade and put it bleachers? I'm thinking like they have for F! in Florida. That way, instead of standing around for an hour in line, then running to your spot and standing for another 45 minutes, and then standing another 30 minutes for the show.....you just stand in line and then get a seat for the show. THAT would've been worth all of this wait.

Wouldn't it have been nice if during these months of having nothing, they built up the promenade and put it bleachers? I'm thinking like they have for F! in Florida. That way, instead of standing around for an hour in line, then running to your spot and standing for another 45 minutes, and then standing another 30 minutes for the show.....you just stand in line and then get a seat for the show. THAT would've been worth all of this wait.

If you’re only thinking about WoC then I would agree with them adding seating like Fantasmic at WDW. But that works in Florida because the amphitheater is secluded from the rest of the park. It would be an eyesore imo for the rest of the day in DCA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!