World of Color Status Watch?

coolmark18

Mouseketeer
Hey guys,

Is there some kind of World of Color Status Watch?

I, and I assume like many others, hate when you see posters on the Disboards commenting that when they hear a ride or show is down when they are visiting it will ruin their trip.

However, I'm planning on being in California next January and the thought of not being able to show World of Colour to my close friends and family is gutting.

Is there a thread or twitter account I should be keeping my eye on for details? Disney said late 2019 but I'm taking that with a large pinch of salt.

Thanks,
Mark

Nope. Disney is mum on the topic :(. (If any seemingly credible rumors come out on when WOC is coming back someone here will certainly start a thread on it so keep an eye on the DIS!)

I hope it is back for mid-October at least - it's one of the highlights of our visits to DL from the UK.

Okay Buckle up because my crazy is about to show...

Now this is all just speculation and rumor and FUN. Don’t anyone come take all this seriously.

There was this twitter post:

https://twitter.com/davekoenig/status/1035190700294332416

With the fact that the show dinning packages for fantasmic, PTN and WOC haven’t updated past November 3rd...

My theory is that they are hoping to have WOC run for the holidays, but they aren’t positive about it yet but are close to knowing. I feel like if they knew for sure they would have realeased PTN packages. I think they want WOC to avoid the conflict with the festival of the holiday food booths, but they know they need a night time entertainment option so before they figure out PTN and festival of the holiday logistics they want to be sure that WOC is a for sure NO.

I’m still hoping for WOC for our thanksgiving trip.. but I’ve acceoted it probably won’t happen.

Following. We'll be there in a month.

They will start running the show after the park closes when it gets close to being done. Hopefully someone staying at the Grand California will post that they could see the show in the middle of the night. Then we will know its just about ready to open.

I asked a few cast members about WOC while we were at DLR last week and all of them thought it "might" be up and running by the end of the year. The damage done to the system seems to have been pretty catastrophic which is why there has been no set timeline, at least according to them.

I'm so bummed it's down. My bf has never seen it and I've only ever seen the Christmas version. But, like I said when the Walt tour was full, I guess this means we'll have to go back down!

It really is. I’m half curious as to what is so wrong and half mad that Disney aren’t fixing it by throwing money at the problem.

At least they have been running PTN still so there is still a night time show there of some sort.

While I like PtN, as local I’ve seen it enough this summer. Not being able to book a dining package after 11/7 gives me hope that there’s a chance (however slim that might be) that WoC could still be back this year

I was waiting for my daughter to finish riding Goofy's Sky School for the millionth time through the single rider last month. CMs working on WoC were pushing carts past the attraction to go backstage. A Little kid asked the workers if WoC was going to show that night, the reply was "Its not going to open until next year". The carts they were pushing appeared to be sound/computer equipment, wasn't general construction. The way they were dressed, with the CM badges, made it sound like they knew what they were talking about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!