World of Color Status Watch?

Wondering the same thing, what caused the original issue? Also, bummer deal for sure. Was hoping for a holiday version of it when we went at the end of the year :( Hopefully they still have PTN going.

Disney hasn't released the whole 'what happened' story. There are several theories based on when WoC went down. The most reliable and probable is that a seal on one of the glass projection windows failed when the pond was reflooded. This sent water into the control room damaging the sensitive equipment there.

Is there a thread or twitter account I should be keeping my eye on for details? Disney said late 2019 but I'm taking that with a large pinch of salt.

Wow, I obviously missed something, I assummed it was down for a refurb and had no idea it could be down for our Feb trip!

Bummer!!

So please remind me..,

What was the source/cause of the original damage? Just age,or something more specific?

Me too, I missed some vital info somewhere.

I was waiting for my daughter to finish riding Goofy's Sky School for the millionth time through the single rider last month.

For a second I thought I posted in this thread and forgot about it :) That was my daughter too. She loved it. Rode it 10 times one day, 7 times in a row at one point!

We did see workers working on the platform in the lake that day but not sure what they were doing.

One of the rumors I have heard relates to the platforms that are raised and lowered for each show, which they are having trouble repairing. In fact, imagineers are finally realizing that moving platforms were a bad design. It would have been a far less complicated design if the platforms had been stationary, and the water level lowered and raised instead.

I am so bummed about this, I have waited years to see this show, and we are finally making a trip to DL (WDW is much more affordable and easier for us to do) and no WoC. I sure won't let it ruin our trip, but am sad.

I am so bummed about this, I have waited years to see this show, and we are finally making a trip to DL (WDW is much more affordable and easier for us to do) and no WoC. I sure won't let it ruin our trip, but am sad.
Agree! This was always one of the things I wanted to experience at DL. Our first trip is in 50 days and I have come to terms with missing out, still bummed.

One of the rumors I have heard relates to the platforms that are raised and lowered for each show, which they are having trouble repairing. In fact, imagineers are finally realizing that moving platforms were a bad design. It would have been a far less complicated design if the platforms had been stationary, and the water level lowered and raised instead.
I heard the same rumor. I thought I heard also that an electrical room that controls the entire show getting flooded and causing major damage.

Feel really bad for those of you who are making a “once in a lifetime” trip to the DLR and it is down for this long. My personal opinion was their initial late 2018 reopen date was to not disappoint people if they said it would return in September and then didn’t return until much later which is sounding like what’s going to happen. I shouldn’t have gotten my hopes up. Even though I heard all the rumors I chose to believe that it couldn’t take them basically a year to fix this thing when they are seemingly working on it everyday. I know they needed special parts that take a long time to make but still.

Oh well. It’ll make it that much more sweet for me when it does return. And give you “once in a lifetimes” a reason to come back.

Posted this in another thread:
Spoke with a server at CCR today about the WOC Dining Packages and not being able to reserve dinner after 12/4. She said that, basically, they've been told pretty much exactly what we've surmised here. WOC is pretty much ready to go, BUT... they truly don't know if it is really ready to bring back without crashing again and disappointing thousands of guests. And they don't want to let people make reservations for the holidays, then have to cancel everything and call everyone back. And they know that as soon as they open the reservations, people will flood the system. And they want to try to come up with the best solution for that. So... everyone is waiting, waiting, waiting. We're waiting, CMs are waiting, etc. She asked that we continue being patient and said that they really do appreciate what we're going through.

Well the lamplight has dinner reservations open my trip now 12/3-12/12 so not looking good for my trip I guess- I’m still holding out hope though just in case lol

An update for those of us still hopeful for a WoC miracle this holiday season. They recently installed light barges around paradise bay and snowflake makers in the viewing areas. Still no official updates from Disney but why would they put those things up now if they didn’t expect it to be running at some point this Christmas time? I’m optimistic. Here’s some pictures

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DrGXW4OU8AAHPtn?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DrGXOvsU4AAESmR?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DrGXeTVUwAA3mvB?format=jpg&name=medium

Posted this in another thread:
Spoke with a server at CCR today about the WOC Dining Packages and not being able to reserve dinner after 12/4. She said that, basically, they've been told pretty much exactly what we've surmised here. WOC is pretty much ready to go, BUT... they truly don't know if it is really ready to bring back without crashing again and disappointing thousands of guests. And they don't want to let people make reservations for the holidays, then have to cancel everything and call everyone back. And they know that as soon as they open the reservations, people will flood the system. And they want to try to come up with the best solution for that. So... everyone is waiting, waiting, waiting. We're waiting, CMs are waiting, etc. She asked that we continue being patient and said that they really do appreciate what we're going through.

So run the show just using fastpasses and no dining packages for a week and see if it survives...if it does, THEN release dining packages!

Another post on another forum mentioned some rumblings of night testing. But it was one post from one person and I haven’t seen anything else.

Makes one wonder. But someone else said that stuff was for the festival of holidays stage show. Not WOC.

Another post on another forum mentioned some rumblings of night testing. But it was one post from one person and I haven’t seen anything else.

Makes one wonder. But someone else said that stuff was for the festival of holidays stage show. Not WOC.

It’s possible the snowflake makers could be used for the stage show but not the light barges. The light barges are over by the Ferris wheel. I don’t see how they could be used for the stage show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!