World of Color Superthread

we just got back from DLR last week and i wrote a review of our experience with the WOC dessert party in another thread. the summary is that having the view and the comfort was worth every penny, and i highly recommend it to anyone who's on the fence.

we just got back from DLR last week and i wrote a review of our experience with the WOC dessert party in another thread. the summary is that having the view and the comfort was worth every penny, and i highly recommend it to anyone who's on the fence.
Thanks! I am planning to try the dessert party in a few weeks when we visit. Glad you enjoyed it!

:wizard:

Thanks! I am planning to try the dessert party in a few weeks when we visit. Glad you enjoyed it!

thank YOU for starting and maintaining this awesome thread! it helped me a lot when i was planning. have a great time!! :)

I can't see the maps/graphics on the first post. Am I the only one? I see messages about upgrading a photobucket account. I'm trying to find the most recent map of where fast passes and packages are assigned. We went earlier this week and got blue, but the best areas where I thought we could go to were all blocked off for people who paid for packages. We'll be going again so I'm trying to figure out where we went wrong. Thanks! I've used the maps in the past and they've been super helpful.

We just did the dessert party as well, and loved it! We were allowed refills on our drinks (even the alcoholic ones), or to switch drinks. Service was pretty good, just don't hesitate to ask for things again if it seems your server forgets. Also, a to-go box was necessary and I had breakfast snacks for the next 2 days! Ha!

I can't see the maps/graphics on the first post. Am I the only one? I see messages about upgrading a photobucket account. I'm trying to find the most recent map of where fast passes and packages are assigned. We went earlier this week and got blue, but the best areas where I thought we could go to were all blocked off for people who paid for packages. We'll be going again so I'm trying to figure out where we went wrong. Thanks! I've used the maps in the past and they've been super helpful.
Sorry, but Photobucket just blocked my photos onto 3rd party sites like this unless I pay $400 a year. :eek:

I need to get the photos moved directly into the thread. Will do that when I get a chance. Sorry.

Sorry, but Photobucket just blocked my photos onto 3rd party sites like this unless I pay $400 a year. :eek:

I need to get the photos moved directly into the thread. Will do that when I get a chance. Sorry.

Thanks for the quick reply! $400 is a lot of churros and dole whips! I appreciate all the effort you put in to helping us.

Dining packages just came open for the 14th of Sept, but I was told there was no WOC that night?!?! That is the only day we will be in DCA and it seems like all the restraunts are either closed for the day or end reservations early. What is going on that day?

Last edited:
Dining packages just came open for the 14th of Sept, but I was told there was no WOC that night?!?! That is the only day we will be in DCA and it seems like all the restraints are either closed for the day or end reservations early. What is going on that day?
There have been rumors that there will be a Halloween version of WOC. With HalloweenTime likely starting on Sept 15 that could mean they might take WOC down before that. Sorry if this impacts you but that would be my best guess.

There have been rumors that there will be a Halloween version of WOC. With HalloweenTime likely starting on Sept 15 that could mean they might take WOC down before that. Sorry if this impacts you but that would be my best guess.

I just looked at last years calendar history and guess what? DCA was closed early that Thursday as well (closed at 5 pm) I'm guessing it must be a reoccurring event and not for WOC Halloween? Dang....any cast members out there have the scoop on why DCA is closing early?

Have the dessert party booked for our upcoming trip. Spoke to the dietary CMs today about my daughter's peanut allergy. Was told that because it is a pre-set plate they can NOT accommodate allergies of any kind; let me know that the bread and cheese would be safe. Received this response in the email sent to me and then had it verified when I called in to speak to a live person. Pretty bummed out as my daughter is turning 4 (so she will definitely be upset if she is left without any desserts on her plate) and this was meant to be part of her birthday celebration :( Just thought I'd post this up as I know I saw a couple different postings (GF diet and a nut allergy) a while back with the dedicated plates they were presented.

That is odd. My allergies were accommodated, and someone from the central bakery called to speak with me about my specific needs. Now, my allergies are not super common, so the plate did not have to be altered too much. But maybe there has been a policy change since we did the Dessert Party earlier this year?
You are allowed to bring in your own food to the Dessert Party, so perhaps you could bring in a few safe, birthday goodies for your DD to put on her plate? That way she won't feel totally left out.

That is odd. My allergies were accommodated, and someone from the central bakery called to speak with me about my specific needs. Now, my allergies are not super common, so the plate did not have to be altered too much. But maybe there has been a policy change since we did the Dessert Party earlier this year?
You are allowed to bring in your own food to the Dessert Party, so perhaps you could bring in a few safe, birthday goodies for your DD to put on her plate? That way she won't feel totally left out.

I agree that it is odd. But someone else in the August check-in thread reported the same response for an allergy request, so at some point the policy must have changed :( Thank you for letting me know about bringing in outside food - I had no idea!! :)

This is just me guessing, but I'm thinking after seeing the setup that they cannot keep the food in such a way to take to the water's edge and to everyone's table where there can be "strangers" also seated, as to insure there is absolutely no cross contamination. It's not as though it's brought straight from a kitchen under the control of only 1 or 2 people under direct scrutiny of a chef. It could be that they once offered the alternatives but something happened and there was cross contamination... again, I'm just guessing.

I added the photos back into the OP, plus added some new photos. I also thoroughly updated the OP including Dessert Party info.

I just checked and the only picture I can see is the last one of the dessert party.
After much effort over the last 45 minutes I have to give up and confess I cannot figure out how to post images that others can see. I can see them in the OP. But when I log out of DIS, I cannot see them in the OP.

I figured it must have something to do with privacy settings on the photos. So I tried all the privacy settings for the album on DIS where I uploaded the photos this morning. No luck.

I then searched for help on DIS. No luck. Then Google. No luck.

Can anyone tell me how to do this?

:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter