World of Color Superthread

After much effort over the last 45 minutes I have to give up and confess I cannot figure out how to post images that others can see. I can see them in the OP. But when I log out of DIS, I cannot see them in the OP.

I figured it must have something to do with privacy settings on the photos. So I tried all the privacy settings for the album on DIS where I uploaded the photos this morning. No luck.

I then searched for help on DIS. No luck. Then Google. No luck.

Can anyone tell me how to do this?

:confused3

I couldn't see the pictures last week when I was researching WOC, but they are showing up now! The changes you made have worked! :thanks:

Just a quick endorsement of the dessert party. We were there on 7/18 and only had one day to spend at the park so we decided to splurge on the dessert party in order to save wait time and be able to sit and rest. All of us thoroughly enjoyed the show and the desserts. We had an excellent waiter who was very attentive. He made sure we had the drinks we wanted. He even brought me hot tea to counteract all of the sweet desserts. We sat at a high top table behind a low table and had a great view. We lined up before hand and ended up at the point where the line first turned to wrap back around. I was a little worried about being too far back for a good table but that wasn't an issue at all. I felt like we had our choice of several good tables. It is expensive so I don't know if I would repeat but for what might be an only visit it was worth it.

How quickly do the WOC dessert party reservations sell out generally? Do I need to be online right away 60-days out?
Typically, no. Even at the busiest time, most things at DLR will not sell out right away. In fact, it's not uncommon for things not to be available at 60 days out because Disney hasn't loaded them into the system, yet.

We did the dessert party last month. I decided around 3pm that I didn't feel like standing in line, so went on the app while in the park and booked it! I was surprised there was still room! At the party check in, told them we were celebrating my son's graduation. This is what they did, loved it!!

19620955_10155177925184473_1279556776433689096_o.jpg

After much effort over the last 45 minutes I have to give up and confess I cannot figure out how to post images that others can see. I can see them in the OP. But when I log out of DIS, I cannot see them in the OP.

I figured it must have something to do with privacy settings on the photos. So I tried all the privacy settings for the album on DIS where I uploaded the photos this morning. No luck.

I then searched for help on DIS. No luck. Then Google. No luck.

Can anyone tell me how to do this?

:confused3

Hidroguy Thank you very much for updating the Thread with new information.... Things change very fast lately @disneyland and I always like to read up on these threads before our trip.

I know it was a lot of time and a pain to figure out the photos, but it is truly appreciated all the work you did....

Bumping this thread to note three things about WOC based on my visit a couple weeks ago on a Thursday night (Oct 12)

1. FPs are now distributed for blue first, but only partially. Then partially for yellow. Then back to blue for the remainder. Then remainder of yellow.

2. I was in the yellow section "wet zone" right at the front rail and for the first time ever (over 15-20 shows) I got significantly wet. That night was a bit cool (65 F / 18 C) and I did not enjoy the show very much. In the future I will be more cautious about the wet zone on cool nights.

3. There was a decent line for the yellow section 90 minutes before the show. I would ave regretted showing up 75 minutes before the show that night (or later). Until I know for sure differently I will continue to recommend a 90 minute early arrival if you want a for sure good place to watch.

:wizard:

HydroGuy, your thread has been super helpful! We ended up getting the dessert package and loved it. I went over your thread many times and as for the longest time we were leaning towards fast pass option.

One question out of curiosity....we were all the way back in the dessert seating. When there was fire parts, we felt the heat quite well. So just wondering..when you are sitting so close, isn't it super hot? (Or maybe the 'wet zone' evens it out as it cools you down...especially in your case when it was cooler out by evening.)

HydroGuy, your thread has been super helpful! We ended up getting the dessert package and loved it. I went over your thread many times and as for the longest time we were leaning towards fast pass option.

One question out of curiosity....we were all the way back in the dessert seating. When there was fire parts, we felt the heat quite well. So just wondering..when you are sitting so close, isn't it super hot? (Or maybe the 'wet zone' evens it out as it cools you down...especially in your case when it was cooler out by evening.)
Whenever you are at the front the fire feels very warm. Not uncomfortably warm but warm. On my most recent night a few weeks ago it was cool out (as I related above) and I was in the wet zone. So the fire felt really good!

Our family was wondering about the heat when even closer than we were sitting. Thanks for the quick response. Sounds like the fire was nice on your night.
On a side, its nice to hear it was a cool night. When we were there end of August, it was in 100s...then have heard it's still the same. Then again, without humidity, it does get cooler in the evenings when the sun goes down.

What is your estimated time of FP's running out during a 1 show night, mid-week, non-holiday week? Going to be there the week before Thanksgiving. I am trying to decide if tickets will still be distributed late afternoon on the day we arrive (Wednesday 11/15).

What is your estimated time of FP's running out during a 1 show night, mid-week, non-holiday week? Going to be there the week before Thanksgiving. I am trying to decide if tickets will still be distributed late afternoon on the day we arrive (Wednesday 11/15).
I would not count on late PM. Early PM, yes. Late PM? :confused3

Does anyone know what the current wheelchair/scooter/disabled viewing areas are like?

Are walkers or rollators allowed in the regular viewing areas? (I can see them being a potential evacuation/crowd safety issue, but maybe not.)

I'll be making a trip in December and will have a rollator for sure, maybe a scooter if I really can't do the walking & standing. In 2011 the wheelchair view was terrible. In 2016 I just stood in the regular viewing area but that wasn't a very smart choice (the standing part, the view was pretty good). I'd prefer not to do a dining package due to cost and food allergies.

Does anyone know what the current wheelchair/scooter/disabled viewing areas are like?

Are walkers or rollators allowed in the regular viewing areas? (I can see them being a potential evacuation/crowd safety issue, but maybe not.)

I'll be making a trip in December and will have a rollator for sure, maybe a scooter if I really can't do the walking & standing. In 2011 the wheelchair view was terrible. In 2016 I just stood in the regular viewing area but that wasn't a very smart choice (the standing part, the view was pretty good). I'd prefer not to do a dining package due to cost and food allergies.
When I saw WOC a few weeks ago from yellow, they took folks in wheelchairs into the yellow section before the rest of us into a separate viewing area near the center. Not sure if they allowed scooters there but I do not think so.

My party is going to a WOC dessert party on our trip. (Yay!) It will be during the holiday season. I’m wondering if there is any way to sub out the gingerbread cookie. We were bummed the menu changed.

My party is going to a WOC dessert party on our trip. (Yay!) It will be during the holiday season. I’m wondering if there is any way to sub out the gingerbread cookie. We were bummed the menu changed.
OP here and I do not know. My sense is there was some flexibility from the CMs but I do not know how much.

Where did you find info on the dessert selection?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter