World of Color Superthread

I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask but can you see WoC from Napa Rose? I'm booking the Chef's Counter on 3/11 and I'm trying to decide between the 5pm seating or 8pm. I really would hate to miss the show because I've never seen it. I made our ressie and 8 but could try to change it to 5.

I've booked the World of Color Dessert Party. The time says 7:30PM. World of Color is scheduled for 8:15PM that night. Is 7:30 the correct time to show up? Or is it more of a "this is the time we are telling you to show up, but you really should show up half an hour earlier or else you get screwed and seated at a terrible table"?

Thanks!

I've booked the World of Color Dessert Party. The time says 7:30PM. World of Color is scheduled for 8:15PM that night. Is 7:30 the correct time to show up? Or is it more of a "this is the time we are telling you to show up, but you really should show up half an hour earlier or else you get screwed and seated at a terrible table"?

Thanks!

I did this in November, we got to the line about 7:15 and were pretty far back in line. I was kind of annoyed about how slow the check in process was and how long we had to stand in line once it was 7:30. I think we must have got down to the table area about 8:05, they asked if we wanted a low or high table. I replied I wanted a high table over to the side as advised on this thread. It was a perfect view, the waitress was friendly but harried as she had a bunch of tables. We had our plates and one drink before the show started and then 1 more drink right as the show was beginning. It was great, and we had a good seat even being at least half way back in line.

Thanks!
OP here. I have only done it once. In the future I will show up at minimum 60 minutes in advance when it is only myself and DW. If we have other family members with us then probably 75 minutes early.

:wizard:

Get in line early for that WoC dessert party! We sat around and waited elsewhere, then approached only about 20 minutes early, and there was a line and people were already seated lol. That said, the three of us asked for a high top table in the front row, and were seated all the way to the left (only one table more left of us). It was PERFECT. I loved this thing. I highly recommend it to my east coast friends, who only get to DL once in a lifetime.

I will book it again in October this year.

Thank you to literally the thousands of people who have posted here and helped me so much on this.

We have a trip planned to DL in April and I am surprising my wife with the Dessert Party. I have read several pages back to avoid asking the "same old question".

When I saw this...

I replied I wanted a high table over to the side as advised on this thread.
(emphasis added by Granny)

Excuse my ignorance, but which side should be requested? Or doesn't it matter? I see @PatMcDuck posted that they got all the way to the left. Is that the way to go?

Thanks again to all for the great help on this thread!

Thank you to literally the thousands of people who have posted here and helped me so much on this.

We have a trip planned to DL in April and I am surprising my wife with the Dessert Party. I have read several pages back to avoid asking the "same old question".

When I saw this...

(emphasis added by Granny)

Excuse my ignorance, but which side should be requested? Or doesn't it matter? I see @PatMcDuck posted that they got all the way to the left. Is that the way to go?

Thanks again to all for the great help on this thread!
Have you read the OP? It explains all this. Good luck!

Have you read the OP? It explains all this. Good luck!

HydroGuy...first of all, thanks so much for the thread and for pointing me back to the OP. I have to admit that I didn't read all of it because at the top you indicated that it might not be up to date. So I read the last 10 or so pages of the thread. Again, I appreciate all that you and the contributors to this thread bring to everyone. And yes, I did see the answer to my question. :)

I read somewhere to sit as far to the right as possible, when looking at the wheel. There's a map on the 1st post that shows how the right side is closest to the "show centerline". I think all the seats in the area are probably good though.

So, I am a Walt Disney World vet and planning my first trip to Disneyland April 3-8! I enjoy the planning, so this is been a little bit different for me not being able to do fast passes in advance. I have been counting down the days until I can make my dining reservations. My 60 day window for dining opened up today, so I tried to try to reserve the World of Color dessert party. And as of right now there are no dates in April available to book. Please tell me that maybe the Disney website it’s just a few days behind opening up the dates for this desert party. I was looking so forward to world of color especially since there will be no parades are fireworks during this time. Thanks!

So, I am a Walt Disney World vet and planning my first trip to Disneyland April 3-8! I enjoy the planning, so this is been a little bit different for me not being able to do fast passes in advance. I have been counting down the days until I can make my dining reservations. My 60 day window for dining opened up today, so I tried to try to reserve the World of Color dessert party. And as of right now there are no dates in April available to book. Please tell me that maybe the Disney website it’s just a few days behind opening up the dates for this desert party. I was looking so forward to world of color especially since there will be no parades are fireworks during this time. Thanks!
Normally I would say "yes", but my only caution is that work is being done around the new "Pixar Pier". "Pixar Fest" starts on April 13. And according to rumors the work around Pixar Pier will not be done until June 22. It is possible WOC will got down for short time periods during this process.

On the other hand, you are visiting during prime Spring Break. I would doubt Disney would have WOC down during that time unless they just have no other choice.

I would be patient and maybe even just give them a call and ask at their dining reservation line.

I highly recommend the Lunar New Year WOC pre-show. This 6 minute show runs prior to the first WOC show each evening through February 18.

Follow the Journey of Little Lantern
This heartwarming tale plays out across a captivating mist screen and features Mulan, Mushu and their friend, a little lantern.

Experience a little lantern’s quest to reunite with family during their annual gathering to celebrate good fortune for the upcoming year! The story is told with 2 distinctive styles of animation that fill the screen, while sky-high fountains and dazzling light effects dance along to tell the tale. A moving musical score―originally created for the opening ceremony of Shanghai Disney Resort by award-winning composer Tan Dun―accompanies this breathtaking show.

Please note that Hurry Home – Lunar New Year Celebration is scheduled nightly with the first performance of World of Color. Events, experiences and offerings are subject to change or cancellation without notice.

You’re probably just a bit early. It’s definitely not sold out as you can still book Feb dates. As others have stated, things don’t always open up right at the 60 day mark.

Normally I would say "yes", but my only caution is that work is being done around the new "Pixar Pier". "Pixar Fest" starts on April 13. And according to rumors the work around Pixar Pier will not be done until June 22. It is possible WOC will got down for short time periods during this process.

On the other hand, you are visiting during prime Spring Break. I would doubt Disney would have WOC down during that time unless they just have no other choice.

I would be patient and maybe even just give them a call and ask at their dining reservation line.

You’re probably just a bit early. It’s definitely not sold out as you can still book Feb dates. As others have stated, things don’t always open up right at the 60 day mark.

Thanks guys for your responses! I did go ahead and call Disneyland dining and they said that the times for those first few days in April have not been released yet ( even though we are within the 60 day window). They told me to try back in a few days. Still just a little worried because the Fantasmic dining packages have opened up but nothing for world of color for dining packages or dessert parties. Keeping my fingers crossed that I will be able to see World of Color!

we just got back from DLR last week and i wrote a review of our experience with the WOC dessert party in another thread. the summary is that having the view and the comfort was worth every penny, and i highly recommend it to anyone who's on the fence.

But how is the view? Even if you get assigned a back table.

But how is the view? Even if you get assigned a back table.
OP here, and with regard to the what I posted in post #1, I prefer the view from the elevated area shown in post #1. DW has seen WOC with me from all vantage points and prefers the one from the Dessert area when we are at a back table. I think view is decent from there - I just prefer to be closer to the action.

We also saw WOC from the "blue bridge" for the first time in December (Season of Light) and it was better than I was expecting. But I think DW would take Dessert seating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!