World of Color Superthread

Less than 7 days from the scheduled return, and no word from Disney, it is still in the calendar.......... Maybe there is still hope,

i hate to say it, but dont have hope of it coming back any time soon. 1) a part broke on the platform, requires to be specially made. Since it sunk, my guess is that they would need to drain the lake to fix it.
2) the electrical room flooded. I doubt it can still go on.

Sorry to say that.

i hate to say it, but dont have hope of it coming back any time soon. 1) a part broke on the platform, requires to be specially made. Since it sunk, my guess is that they would need to drain the lake to fix it.
2) the electrical room flooded. I doubt it can still go on.

Sorry to say that.
Work on WOC platform this morning at 7AM.

full

Great pic Hydroguy and looks like your GCV room request came through. Congrats! WOC still on the schedule, 70 hours from now. Tick Tock...

^^ me too:sad1::sad: We're driving from the east coast middle of August for our very first visit. To ease the pain i Just booked the Sonoma Terrace dessert party for the 19th of August:love:

Does Disney mail you your tickets. I cant pull anything up on my account. On the WDW MDE there's a link that you can find all your reservations.
I can pull up everything except for the dessert party on my DL app.
EDIT:
oooh it just showed up on my phone.

Any advice
Thank You

Liz:rose:

I have to laugh that they're claiming "routine maintenance" when that's so clearly not the case. In fact, we ran into Flik on Saturday morning just wandering around in the WOC viewing area, and as soon as we started chatting with him, he pointed to the workers on the platform and pantomimed breaking something over his knee and shook his head sadly.

I do feel bad for everyone visiting who is missing out on the show. It better be back for the Christmas version, which is my Christmas entertainment obsession!

Please ignore the gaping hole in the middle of the show platform. It’s perfectly routine! Also we absolutely intended to open our new land with 2 rides missing, a closed shop and an unfinished sign at the entrance. Have a magical, routine day! :rolleyes1

Well that is that for Summer 2018. Too bad. On the bright side, maybe this will mean that DCA evenings will have all the rides operating until park closing. They used to close some of the PP rides for WOC. And if so it might just be extra nice after dark on PP with no WOC crowds or closures.
This is actually a great point. Incredicoaster will be available at night (which is super cool) as well as TSMM.

I just looked at the Disneyland website, and the World of Color page no longer gives you the ability to put in a date and see what time it will be showing. That's interesting. As of this morning, it still showed it on 6/22 at 10:15.

Drat! It was down during our trip in May, I am hoping it will be up by our Halloween trip. DD really loves the show and we will not be back for (probably) 2 years because of SWGE.

This is actually a great point. Incredicoaster will be available at night (which is super cool) as well as TSMM.

Good points. I will try to look on the bright side.

I'm just so surprised that Disney wasn't prepared for this because WOC is such a big part of nighttime summer entertainment. They should have backup equipment and backups for the backups. We chose to go during the summer this year so we could enjoy all the entertainment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!