World of Color Superthread

Agreed, service is slow but the whole family enjoys the food at WCT!

Be aware that the dining packages DO NOT PROVIDE A GUARANTEED GOOD VIEW OF WOC. You might pay for the package and still not be able to see the show. It does not save you waiting time either.

For more read the "World of Color Superthread" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=37986447

:wizard:

Yes to this! The dining package didn't save us any waiting time. We did have a great spot but only because we lined up as soon as they let us. If saving time is what you're going for then I'd go dessert party.

hi! We have Dessert party reservations for 2/23 and they have not been cancelled. I thought I read somewhere that 2/22 was canceled. I’m really hoping it hasn’t since I was looking forward to reviews/tips. TIA!

Be aware that the dining packages DO NOT PROVIDE A GUARANTEED GOOD VIEW OF WOC. You might pay for the package and still not be able to see the show. It does not save you waiting time either.

For more read the "World of Color Superthread" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=37986447

:wizard:
Totally agree with the above. We've seen WOC numerous times using all the available options: free FP, dining packages at WCT/CCR/Ariel's (when it was available), and the Dessert Party. All options have the possibility of good-to-great viewing and all options have to risk of very poor viewing (and that includes the Dessert Party). There is no guarantee of an absolutely, for certain perfect view of WOC with any FP option. However, there is the possiblity of great viewing if you do the research and planning and invest the time to wait for the spots you want. We've only had poor viewing once -- and that was when we let friends choose the spots! (Note the "once" -- never let that happen again!)
My recommendation is:
Free FP: worth it if this is what the budget allows and you are willing to invest at least 90 minutes to grab and hold your spots. Viewing can be very good to great this way. And the Splash Zone is an experience unto itself!
CCR or WCT: if your budget allows for a dining package and you prefer to have an actual meal for that price -- this is the way to go. Just choose which menu appeals more. Know that CCR's area is further back (big picture view) and WCT's area is closer to the front (more immersive). We've been able to ask CMs if we could go from CCR's are to WCT's -- it doesn't work the other way around. YMMV.
Dessert Party: the only way to get an actual chair, unless you do VIP or HC viewing. Pricey, but a nice luxury treat. You can make adjustments to the dessert plate for dietary needs and you can request a box to take the leftover desserts back to the hotel room for later. We have had reports of bad viewing in this section, so be prepared that a "perfect" view isn't a lock with this package. However, most viewing is quite good from this section.

Last edited:
Try calling the Dine Line since you're at the parks (714-781-DINE). They should know if 2/22 is still on or not. And check back here for updates. If 2/22 got cancelled, you know it will get posted here!
If you find out any news, please update here!

I know it has been closed for a lengthy period.
When it re-opens will it be a new program?

Try calling the Dine Line since you're at the parks (714-781-DINE). They should know if 2/22 is still on or not. And check back here for updates. If 2/22 got cancelled, you know it will get posted here!
If you find out any news, please update here!
This is what I remember reading- it was in the thread about reservations opening-
“looks like ******************* on ig is reporting that the show won't properly open again until March 1st and that the 22nd was an error - they're continuing their testing phase on the 23rd. so if you've made reservations for any of the february dates be on the lookout for emails from disney!”

Last edited:
This is what I remember reading- it was in the thread about reservations opening-
“looks like ******************* on ig is reporting that the show won't properly open again until March 1st and that the 22nd was an error - they're continuing their testing phase on the 23rd. so if you've made reservations for any of the february dates be on the lookout for emails from disney!”
Have WoC dining res for early March. Fingers crossed!

DH and I have done Fast Pass, Dining Package and Dessert Party. We like the Dessert Party the best. Being able to sit in an actual chair at a table is so worth it. The CM's treat you like VIP's. We're doing the dessert party again on Feb. 27. Can't wait!!!

I asked this on another thread but will ask here too.

When you reserve WOC dessert party can you pay with a Disney Gift Card? or does it have to be a major credit card?

Thanks

I asked this on another thread but will ask here too.

When you reserve WOC dessert party can you pay with a Disney Gift Card? or does it have to be a major credit card?

Thanks
Hi, I just called to book the dessert party last night and the CM advised me that you CANNOT book with a gift card unless your gift card has an expiration date which I believe she was referring to the rewards gift cards you receive from cash back on a Disney Visa. So in other words, no a normal gift card you purchase from target or a wholesale club cannot be used. Which is a total bummer since I have so many gift cards to use up.

Questions on the Dessert Party. Can you request more of a fruit-plate rather than desserts? My DH is not one for sweets. And is the alcohol that is included UNLIMITED like it is at WDW for example Star Wars Fireworks Dessert Party? I did WOC dessert party once with my sisters, so I cannot remember if we only had the ONE drink, or possibly a second one? And the viewing area where the dessert party tables are set up, is it in the same area as VIP? I know we were definitely "behind" the FP sections, but because it was raised, and a bar-height table/chair, we were fine to see, except for the things directly ON the water level. I tried to find a map online but it didn't seem to indicate other than Blue/Red FP sections along with VIP. Thanks !

Questions on the Dessert Party. Can you request more of a fruit-plate rather than desserts? My DH is not one for sweets. And is the alcohol that is included UNLIMITED like it is at WDW for example Star Wars Fireworks Dessert Party?..
There is a phone number on the reservations page (it is listed in the fine print under the allergies, after you click on special requests) that you can call to request a fruit only plate. I think you can do this on the Dine Line (714-781-DINE), too. I've done this before and received exactly what was requested. Alcohol is limited to two drinks, if I remember correctly. The Dessert Party is seated in the tier just below and in front of the VIP section. Check the map in the first post of the World of Color Superthread in this forum.

Hi, I just called to book the dessert party last night and the CM advised me that you CANNOT book with a gift card unless your gift card has an expiration date which I believe she was referring to the rewards gift cards you receive from cash back on a Disney Visa. So in other words, no a normal gift card you purchase from target or a wholesale club cannot be used. Which is a total bummer since I have so many gift cards to use up.
Thanks for posting this update. It is good for others to know about. Have no fear about using up your gift cards! There are so many ways to do that at DLR! If you want to put all your GC balances onto one card, you can do that at https://www.disneygiftcard.com/Manage/MyCards. Some guests like to use their gift cards as a kind of dining plan -- use your gift card when you dine at on site restaurants (CS and TS, Disney owned places in DTD) so that you always know how much you are spending and how much you have left. Just be aware that not all places accept Disney gift cards -- Ghirardelli's in DCA, non-Disney restaurants and carts in DTD, and maybe a few others. Or you can roll all your balances onto one card and use it to buy your tickets at the DLR website.

Can you use a gift card to pay for a WOC Dessert reservation?

This is from another thread:

Thanks for posting this update. It is good for others to know about. Have no fear about using up your gift cards! There are so many ways to do that at DLR! If you want to put all your GC balances onto one card, you can do that at https://www.disneygiftcard.com/Manage/MyCards. Some guests like to use their gift cards as a kind of dining plan -- use your gift card when you dine at on site restaurants (CS and TS, Disney owned places in DTD) so that you always know how much you are spending and how much you have left. Just be aware that not all places accept Disney gift cards -- Ghirardelli's in DCA, non-Disney restaurants and carts in DTD, and maybe a few others. Or you can roll all your balances onto one card and use it to buy your tickets at the DLR website.

Yes, I have combined my gift cards and plan to use them for dining. Just figured I would try to use them on the dessert package but guess not. Thank you however, for the heads up on non-Disney places I didn't realize Ghirardelli does not accept them. Good tip! I planned on visiting there on my trip in fact.

On the bright side, if you see something really cute that just screams out your name (like a new Dooney or something like that), you'll be armed and ready with a loaded gift card! :)
ETA: Just noticed you'll be at DLR in less than two weeks -- Food & Wine Festival will be going on then in DCA, and the kiosks accept gift cards!

On the bright side, if you see something really cute that just screams out your name (like a new Dooney or something like that), you'll be armed and ready with a loaded gift card! :)
ETA: Just noticed you'll be at DLR in less than two weeks -- Food & Wine Festival will be going on then in DCA, and the kiosks accept gift cards!

Thanks for the tip! We have several gift cards and I didn't know you could roll them up to one! I think I'll combine all our existing cards to one for food purposes (we plan on hitting those kiosks plus several CS options for the week).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter