World of Color Superthread

Thanks for the tip! We have several gift cards and I didn't know you could roll them up to one! I think I'll combine all our existing cards to one for food purposes (we plan on hitting those kiosks plus several CS options for the week).
The other great thing about registering your gift cards is that if they get lost or stolen, you can stop them by calling the number (keep the number in a safe place, along with a list of the gift card numbers) and get a replacement. Someone reported doing that at City Hall -- quick and easy.

Hi, I just called to book the dessert party last night and the CM advised me that you CANNOT book with a gift card unless your gift card has an expiration date which I believe she was referring to the rewards gift cards you receive from cash back on a Disney Visa. So in other words, no a normal gift card you purchase from target or a wholesale club cannot be used. Which is a total bummer since I have so many gift cards to use up.

Thank you for the info.

From another thread:
This is what I remember reading- it was in the thread about reservations opening-
“looks like ******************* on ig is reporting that the show won't properly open again until March 1st and that the 22nd was an error - they're continuing their testing phase on the 23rd. so if you've made reservations for any of the february dates be on the lookout for emails from disney!”

Update: I called Disney dining and was told 2/22 was a mistake and the 23rd is a go with Dessert seating at 915p for a 10p show.

For anyone with a WOC Dessert Party reservation for 2/22, be looking for an email or phone message from Disney.

That’s good to know! We are booked for 3/1 and the reservation time is 9:15. From what I’ve read here, the show is likely to start at 10, but I’ll feel much better once it’s on the official DL entertainment schedule. It seems odd that it still says “schedule unavailable” when it’s only 11 days away. I hope they update it soon.

From what I've heard, it likely won't show on the schedule as this is going to be "testing week", sort of a soft opening I suppose. But I certainly agree that it would be nice to see it there!

I wonder how this "soft opening" phase will effect regular FP distribution. Will it just operate as it usually would or will there be no FP at all? Was going to drop in on 2/23 in the morning just to get a FP for WoC and then come back at night. I'd hate to go there early only to find out there are no FP's and that its just first come first serve.

I just booked this last night for our stay. I have never done any dessert party before at WDW or DL so I am looking forward to it. I thought the price a bit steep for 3 adults and 1 child so I hope its great. I have heard good things. We are going 3/21. The Disneyland website still shows it as not being able to book but if you actually put in dates it comes up.

MJ

Though it should be listed for March 1 since that is the official reopen date

I've had trouble finding a return date pinned down on any official sources, and I'm curious if they're concerned about crowds once it's officially announced. Maybe it'll go on printed schedules first? Could make for good viewing opportunities when less people know about it!

If I remember right, all the high tops are in the back of the viewing area and the low tops are in the front. I was sitting at the far right side and had a great view. I imagine that every seat has a good view--it better at that price point! Lol.
Thank you for this!

We were seated on a high top in front, 2nd from end on the left facing the wheel. Perfect view. No low table in front of us. I actually think while all views are good, some are better than others.

We were seated on a high top in front, 2nd from end on the left facing the wheel. Perfect view. No low table in front of us. I actually think while all views are good, some are better than others.
Thank you! How early do we need to line up?

If anyone goes this weekend can you get me a photo of the Carthay Circle dining package menu? Id like to know the current offerings for a trip in mid march. Thanks.

I wonder how this "soft opening" phase will effect regular FP distribution. Will it just operate as it usually would or will there be no FP at all? Was going to drop in on 2/23 in the morning just to get a FP for WoC and then come back at night. I'd hate to go there early only to find out there are no FP's and that its just first come first serve.
Someone on facebook posted a picture of their WOC fastpass a few minutes ago. So I think they are being distributed!

If anyone goes this weekend can you get me a photo of the Carthay Circle dining package menu? Id like to know the current offerings for a trip in mid march. Thanks.

This was posted yesterday: Carthay Circle / W.O.C menu change. It will give you a good idea of how extensive the prix fixe menu is. (And you should be able to order the biscuits for an upcharge, i.e. their normal fee.) Let's hope someone posts an updated photo when the new menu comes out in March.

For anyone who views the show tonight, please report back on your experience! Especially if you're a WOC vet, please report on any changes to the line up procedure and viewing area sections. For WOC newbies, any reports with details will be appreciated! Thank you!

Someone on facebook posted a picture of their WOC fastpass a few minutes ago. So I think they are being distributed!

Thanks for the update! Yea I just saw someone on twitter post a pic of their FP.

For anyone who views the show tonight, please report back on your experience! Especially if you're a WOC vet, please report on any changes to the line up procedure and viewing area sections. For WOC newbies, any reports with details will be appreciated! Thank you!

Will do. I'm going on Saturday. Can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter