World of Color Superthread

Thanks for all the input, I guess I was more surprised than anything since I don't remember seeing anything about being seated with other parties when I booked it! We have dined at the Biergarten restaurant in Epcot which also has communal seating. It's not a deal breaker, it's just not what they prefer. One time they sat us with another couple, who I'm sure was thrilled to be seated with our family of six, but it was fine!! Another time we were seated with a family with a young baby who barely spoke to us at all. I'm thinking we will keep our reservation, who knows when we will head out to the west coast again. (this trip is a graduation request of DS, he has always wanted to see Disneyland). I wanted to be sure we could sit, and see, and enjoy the show without the usual standing in a crowd to do so.

I totally get where you're coming from (btw: it states that it's 'shared seating' under the WOC DP info > 'Know Before You Go' > 'Additional Information' - it's the very last bullet point on the page)
I'm sure you will enjoy the experience. The food isn't the best dessert plate you'll ever get and neither are the drinks BUT being able to sit and enjoy the show in a relaxed, non-crowded environment can't be beat!
As theluckyrabbit said - on the whole you are likely to find that most people you 'might' be paired with are going to be great - of course there is always the exception to this (the recent thread that was posted with examples of some awful, entitled people being utterly unpleasant and horrible in the Fantasmic seating and waiting for parades etc..) but I think overall, this happens pretty rarely at Disneyland. Most people are happy and excited to be there.
At least you've done your research and are forewarned that there may be someone else at the table so it won't be a surprise.
Have a great time, I'm sure you will : )

It’s interesting. I think DL, for whatever reason, attracts a lot of introverted people. But in a lot of cases you’re forced to interact - rides, share tables, share limited space, etc. It can be a bit awkward at first if you’re not naturally extroverted. But more often than not I quickly realize that everyone is there to enjoy the parks and a quick bond can be built at least to ease any tension. And with the cantina and Smuggler’s Run, my “interacting with strangers” abilities are getting a workout!!

I think this is an interesting observation. I am definitely an introvert (until I get to know you) and so are the adult friends that I (now) take an annual trip with. However, when in line, or at a seated event like the DP, I find that I can always have a conversation because usually with like minded people. My friends and I were actually discussing something along this line the other day. Introverts flock to introverts because it's easier to have these shared experiences but also not have to put out too much peopley effort because the other introverts just get it.

FWIW a friend and shared a table at the DP a few years ago and had a lovely time. The couple we were with were super enthusiastic about their day and it was so easy to sit and listen to them. Then the show starts and everyone is too enthralled to talk. It's kind of the perfect amount of extroverting for me.

I just booked the dessert party for this Saturday (I was surprised there was a table available!) The reserved time says 8:15pm, do we need to line up earlier to get a good table or are the tables assigned when the reservations are made? I'm sure this has been asked before but I've seen conflicting information. As always thanks for the advice!

I just booked the dessert party for this Saturday (I was surprised there was a table available!) The reserved time says 8:15pm, do we need to line up earlier to get a good table or are the tables assigned when the reservations are made? I'm sure this has been asked before but I've seen conflicting information. As always thanks for the advice!
The tables are generally pre-assigned, but there is a bit of wiggle room if you have a special request or if there is a problem with the table you get. I would line up early if you have a request or a special need to discuss with CMs. If you really don't care where you sit (there area only 2 rows of tables in the Dessert Party area), then you can show up later and still be fine. But if you want plenty of time to relax with your sweets and drinks, it's better to arrive before the check in time starts so that you can be done with your food before show time. Ask CMs in the area what time they will allow you to start lining up -- this can vary from day to day.

Hi all! We will be coming to DL and DCA for the first time in exactly 2 weeks! I have already booked a dessert party for WOC...but have noticed on this thread that you can be seated with other people not in your party? It will be me, my DH, and my DS. Neither of them will be thrilled if other folks are seated at a table with us. How commonly are parties of 3 seated with others?

Went many times as a party of four, but one time was a party of three and we were sat with a single. I think it's pretty common from what I usually read! He said he booked it last minute that day when he saw an opening.

Should I be worried that WoC party and dining packages for the week starting 5th August aren't available to book online yet? At the moment they run to Friday 2nd August. However, regular bookings at Carthay Circle are available that week and other dining packages (e.g. Fantasmic) are available to book so it isn't like all packages are not available to book.

Should I be worried that WoC party and dining packages for the week starting 5th August aren't available to book online yet? At the moment they run to Friday 2nd August. However, regular bookings at Carthay Circle are available that week and other dining packages (e.g. Fantasmic) are available to book so it isn't like all packages are not available to book.
Very likely nothing to worry about, they are just being very slow about loading the dates. It was the same for July. It's 'supposed' to be bookable 60 days out but it ended up being 39 days out for July!!
Just keep checking back regularly and hopefully they'll show up soon.

I'm in the same boat! Waiting for Saturday, August 3rd to open up!

I’m waiting for August 8th! Guessing when the 60 day window officially opens tomorrow it won’t be ready to book since it’s just showing Aug 2nd now... Do they load WOC times everyday? Like tomorrow we will see Aug 3rd loaded and so on? Or will they do it all at once to ‘catch up’- I assume I should keep checking daily?

Going to WOC Dessert Party for the first time on July 3rd
.....where do you line up and how far in advance should you get in line?? Thanks :)
We are here tonight and the tables were not pre-assigned. We got in line about 7:45 and although we weren’t first- we had plenty of options. Seems like it goes back and forth between pre- assigned or not. We have done it before it broke for the extended period and it has been both ways.

The calendar is now showing out until August 10th for the dessert party but it says nothing is available? There’s no way it sold out that quick?

I am waiting for August 1st, I actually called in today to make sure they were just slow at loading them and she said she doesn't have them on her screen yet. Come on disney!!! haha Our last trip was to world and I was making reservations months ahead this is killing me

Phew. I logically knew there’s no way it sold out but also didn’t like see the angry red ‘all gone’ message that causes me panic attacks. 😂

Anyone done this with a toddler? I know we don’t pay for the 2 year old and they won’t be given a tray. Which is fine, we can all share. What I am wondering about is a drink. She is almost 3, so she will be very aware if brother gets a special drink and she doesn’t. Wondering if we need to grab her something fun before we check in.

I was able to get a WOC Dessert reservation for August 3rd yesterday it looks like the first part of August is hope up. I am curious if anyone has booked August 1st or 2nd. This was a big of a last min trip just deciding to go last week but even when I called in the Cast Member said she couldn't see anything. Maybe they were released with the July dates and I missed out.

Thanks so much for the input everyone! We had a great time. I will admit we were underwhelmed by the food at the party (but that's just us, I'm sure others loved it), but our view from a front row table was absolutely spectacular and made the evening worth it! We didn't end up sharing our table with anyone, though I did see something at the table next to us I didn't love. That party checked in right next to us..when the CM was confirming their reservation, they said "party of two?" The DH said well yes, but also our 3yo and 6mo children. The CM did not look happy but didn't say anything. They were seated at the table next to us. They then seated a young couple at their table with them! I felt so bad for that couple, they were now squished at a table for four with now 5 people (plus baby). I'm not sure if you don't have to count kids under a certain age, but I think you should. I know it doesn't seem fair for food, but they definitely still take up space at tightly placed tables. It didn't affect our enjoyment at all, the kids were very well behaved. Not sure I'd do it again since we didn't love the food, but the view just couldn't be beat. Thanks again!!!

Thanks so much for the input everyone! We had a great time. I will admit we were underwhelmed by the food at the party (but that's just us, I'm sure others loved it), but our view from a front row table was absolutely spectacular and made the evening worth it! We didn't end up sharing our table with anyone, though I did see something at the table next to us I didn't love. That party checked in right next to us..when the CM was confirming their reservation, they said "party of two?" The DH said well yes, but also our 3yo and 6mo children. The CM did not look happy but didn't say anything. They were seated at the table next to us. They then seated a young couple at their table with them! I felt so bad for that couple, they were now squished at a table for four with now 5 people (plus baby). I'm not sure if you don't have to count kids under a certain age, but I think you should. I know it doesn't seem fair for food, but they definitely still take up space at tightly placed tables. It didn't affect our enjoyment at all, the kids were very well behaved. Not sure I'd do it again since we didn't love the food, but the view just couldn't be beat. Thanks again!!!
Yikes, that's poor form on those parents. Maybe if it was just the baby I could understand, but the three year old takes up a whole chair, and those tables don't have enough room for a bunch of chairs. When we did the dessert party a few years ago we had a two almost three year old with us. I couldn't buy her a ticket but I did call to make sure it was ok and noted on the reservation. Just to avoid issues like what you saw.

I'm so glad you had a good time. The view is unbeatable!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter