World of Color Superthread

I LOVE the dessert party. Granted, it is a splurge. But when you are short, being able to comfortably sit down and watch without a tall person's bulbous head blocking your view is worth every last penny! :p

Question about the dessert party - must all the members of your party check in / be seated at once? My husband will be coming from a conference that ends right around 9:30pm at the Grand. My daughter and I would like to check in on time. Thanks!

Done both. Hands down DESSERT PARTY!!! Worth the price tag. :D

Being able to relax and watch without heads blocking your view. Oh yeah!

You can see the fountains from anywhere around the lake but you can only see the projections from the side where the viewing area is. You can see them a bit from the bridge to Paradise Pier if you stay towards the viewing area end. You can't really see them at all once you get up to Lamplight Lounge or anywhere in Paradise Pier. If you want to actually see the show, you really need to be in the viewing area.

I was wondering about the portion size ... it doesn’t look like much on the photos...
and I don’t eat cheese so that would cut the portion in half for me...:worried:
so how filling are the sweet treats and the bread?

I'd say no cheese removes about a third of the plate. The desserts are pretty filling-several of them are quite rich like the cheesecake and chocolate cake. But obviously filling up on desserts is a little different than less decadent items. The bread when we went in June included a delicious soft pretzel breadsticks that was pretty hefty as well as some flaky/crispy twists that had parmesan cheese on them (not sure if that would rule them out for you or if you just don't eat plain cheese) and some decent sized water crackers.

Perhaps this photo will help several people. You can see the breadbaskets on the table though not details of their contents, sorry. The large brown thing is the soft pretzel stick. We had two baskets for our table of 5 (plus the GF basket). You can also see a few people's plates to get an idea of the size of things. The girl in yellow has the GF plate with the GF bread basket next to it. @bcinohio you can see how 5 people fit around the table. It's a little tight but do able.
FF6469-DB-6423-4952-879-E-487-AE095641-A.jpg

I'd say no cheese removes about a third of the plate. The desserts are pretty filling-several of them are quite rich like the cheesecake and chocolate cake. But obviously filling up on desserts is a little different than less decadent items. The bread when we went in June included a delicious soft pretzel breadsticks that was pretty hefty as well as some flaky/crispy twists that had parmesan cheese on them (not sure if that would rule them out for you or if you just don't eat plain cheese) and some decent sized water crackers.

Perhaps this photo will help several people. You can see the breadbaskets on the table though not details of their contents, sorry. The large brown thing is the soft pretzel stick. We had two baskets for our table of 5 (plus the GF basket). You can also see a few people's plates to get an idea of the size of things. The girl in yellow has the GF plate with the GF bread basket next to it. @bcinohio you can see how 5 people fit around the table. It's a little tight but do able.
FF6469-DB-6423-4952-879-E-487-AE095641-A.jpg
Thank you! That helps.

To the OP...: I would do the dessert party. You have some spaces around you and you can sit...
you don’t really get that much benefit from the dining package compared to the regular FP viewing as far as I’ve read ... It might be worth thinking about if you wanna eat at the wine trattoria anyways but otherwise I would do the dessert party...

Yes they offer gluten free plates. Request it on your reservation and then they usually call to confirm. On my last booking I had both gluten and dairy free guests (one GF person and one DF person) and they accommodated both. DD14 (the GF) and my friend (the DF) were very happy with what they were given. They brought DD14 a basket of GF bread as well.

Do you remember what the gluten free plate had for substitutions by any chance? I'd like to see WOC again, we went about 8 years ago and haven't been back since because I didn't like the wait and then not being able to see anyway.

Do you remember what the gluten free plate had for substitutions by any chance? I'd like to see WOC again, we went about 8 years ago and haven't been back since because I didn't like the wait and then not being able to see anyway.

DD and I don't remember everything but it definitely had a bit more fruit than the other plates, chocolate covered strawberries, a couple of macarons (which the regular plates also have), a brownie, a panna cotta type thing and we think maybe one other item but aren't 100% sure. She was very satisfied with it and didn't finish everything.

Do the reservations for the dessert party book up fast? I am used to WDW and new to Disneyland. Thanks!

Not WDW fast but they do usually sell out. I've been able to get them within a few days of the date on occasion or even the day before when it was a slower time at the parks but better to book earlier if you can. One of the challenges is catching when they actually release dates for booking as it's never at the 60 day mark like other dining and isn't consistent when they will be released...you just have to keep checking until they show up as mentioned earlier in the thread.

Does anyone know if they offer dessert substitutions for those who are gluten-free?
Yes. We are gluten free and you just need to let them know when you make the reservation. Actually, when we did it, I somehow left it out of our reservation request-- so when we got up to the podium to be seated and mentioned it, they started scrambling. I felt bad because it was really my fault for not double checking my reservation request. But they came through beautifully. They offered us creme brulee first, and we kind of balked; then they offered to just give us the usual plate which we could pick through for what we could eat (the macaron and the rice krispie treat, I believe, were safe-- not sure what's on there now). Then they gave us an additional plate of extra fruit and cheese. It was great.

I should also note that this was just DH and I--- and while our daughters are celiac, we are just kind of sensitive, and cross-contamination doesn't generally affect us. So we were pretty safe with picking through the regular offerings, though that wouldn't work for the very sensitive.

Also, another vote for the dessert party. I've done both Wine Country Trattoria dining package and the dessert party, and hands down the dessert party is worth it. You have a guaranteed good view with much less wait, no standing, and snacks. With the dining package, you still have to line up 90 minutes early to get a good spot, you have to sit and wait forever, then stand and wait forever, squished like sardines. Then, unless you managed to get right at the railing, you could still lose your view when the tall person steps in front of you or hoists their toddler on their shoulders.

Not WDW fast but they do usually sell out. I've been able to get them within a few days of the date on occasion or even the day before when it was a slower time at the parks but better to book earlier if you can. One of the challenges is catching when they actually release dates for booking as it's never at the 60 day mark like other dining and isn't consistent when they will be released...you just have to keep checking until they show up as mentioned earlier in the thread.
Thank you! I am looking for Sept. 12. Right now reservations only go through September 2. I was worried if I didn't get it right when it opened we might miss out. I'll be checking daily though.

Big kid and I are in debate over world of Color. He sees you can see it from anywhere. I want a dessert party perhaps ?im thinking he’s thinking it will lower wait times on the rides ..all thoughts please ? Lol
Read through the first post in this super thread and explain the viewing situation to Big Kid. Yes, you can "see" WOC from anywhere in the general area around Paradise Bay, but... that doesn't mean that you can actually see the show. You'll be able to see the tops of the fountains, maybe a glimpse of the water screens, and you'll definitely hear the music, but that's all. Which is a really poor way to see a great show. Sort of like being in the very back row behind very tall people for a parade or fireworks -- yes, you can "see" -- sort of. Do the Dessert Party if you really want to see WOC and the budget allows..

I just checked and dates are now loaded for September!!

....or maybe not! 🙄 I went to click on the dates and it says no tables are available. I guess they are still working on it.

So with the dessert package how long in advance do you need to line up ?

Yes. We are gluten free and you just need to let them know when you make the reservation. Actually, when we did it, I somehow left it out of our reservation request-- so when we got up to the podium to be seated and mentioned it, they started scrambling. I felt bad because it was really my fault for not double checking my reservation request. But they came through beautifully. They offered us creme brulee first, and we kind of balked; then they offered to just give us the usual plate which we could pick through for what we could eat (the macaron and the rice krispie treat, I believe, were safe-- not sure what's on there now). Then they gave us an additional plate of extra fruit and cheese. It was great.

I should also note that this was just DH and I--- and while our daughters are celiac, we are just kind of sensitive, and cross-contamination doesn't generally affect us. So we were pretty safe with picking through the regular offerings, though that wouldn't work for the very sensitive.

Also, another vote for the dessert party. I've done both Wine Country Trattoria dining package and the dessert party, and hands down the dessert party is worth it. You have a guaranteed good view with much less wait, no standing, and snacks. With the dining package, you still have to line up 90 minutes early to get a good spot, you have to sit and wait forever, then stand and wait forever, squished like sardines. Then, unless you managed to get right at the railing, you could still lose your view when the tall person steps in front of you or hoists their toddler on their shoulders.

Thanks . I’m assuming big kid isn’t overly interested hence why he’s not reading it himself.
I see the big thread and well I’ll try. I work straight through till when we leave now and I’ve got kids going in three different directions for the week so packing has started and it will be a nightmare time is of the essence now as they say lol

Read through the first post in this super thread and explain the viewing situation to Big Kid. Yes, you can "see" WOC from anywhere in the general area around Paradise Bay, but... that doesn't mean that you can actually see the show. You'll be able to see the tops of the fountains, maybe a glimpse of the water screens, and you'll definitely hear the music, but that's all. Which is a really poor way to see a great show. Sort of like being in the very back row behind very tall people for a parade or fireworks -- yes, you can "see" -- sort of. Do the Dessert Party if you really want to see WOC and the budget allows..

September reservations are up and booking!!

It lists 7:30 as the time, so I'm assuming that will eventually change?

And the rest of the schedule is not up yet either (park hours and such) but you can still make a WOC dessert party reservation.

September reservations are up and booking!!

It lists 7:30 as the time, so I'm assuming that will eventually change?

And the rest of the schedule is not up yet either (park hours and such) but you can still make a WOC dessert party reservation.

I am booked for September 12th!! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter