World of Color Superthread

The last time I was at DLR, they were still working on Pixar Pier. I've never seen WoC, and it's on my list for this coming trip.

So my questions are:
Do they typically do the dinner/lunch show packages?
If so, is it worth it?
What time is the show typically? I see 10 PM on the calendar, but I can't find the hours for December.
I was going to make reservations for the Wine Country Trattoria, but need to know if I go with a late seating or if earlier is better.

Thanks for the help!
The times depend on when the park closes, for example we are going second week in Nov. Most days the park closes at 8PM, but on the weekend there are extended hours. So when the park closes at 10PM they have WoC at 9 and 10:15pm
When the park closes at 8PM then there is only one show at 8:15.

They do have lunch and dinner times for the package. I am not a fan of the dining package, I much prefer the dessert party. We did the WCT package once, it was different for us (better location, no need to go much earlier than show time) since we needed the handicap accessible section. The regular dining package you still have to show up early to get a good spot in your section, and have to stand - not great for us short folks ;). For the dessert party you do show up a little early, but that is so you can be shown to your table and served your desserts and drinks. For a short trip I totally recommend it so as not to waste time holding a spot.

We have done the dessert party and are planning on doing it again on our Nov trip - it is the one splurge on an otherwise budget trip. For us it is worth it, but can see that for a big family the cost is crazy.

The schedule opened up through December 5th however it still isn’t bookable. I’ll have to wait for next release since I’m going in mid December. Hopefully another day or so for those that were waiting for these dates.

Does anyone know if the deserts for the desert party change for Season of Light or are they pretty much the same year round?

The schedule opened up through December 5th however it still isn’t bookable. I’ll have to wait for next release since I’m going in mid December. Hopefully another day or so for those that were waiting for these dates.

You can book those dates now!

Looks like they are going back to two showings on weekends once Season of Light starts on the 8th. I like that. In the past there would be times that the 2nd showing wouldn't be that full and they would let people without a FP into the viewing area.

Is the dessert party offered for the second showing of World of Color or only the first? Our reservation period opens soon and trying to plan and when I looked at the dessert party times there was only one offered (8:15) even for nights with two showings for Season of Light.

Is the dessert party offered for the second showing of World of Color or only the first? Our reservation period opens soon and trying to plan and when I looked at the dessert party times there was only one offered (8:15) even for nights with two showings for Season of Light.

I had the same question. I’m pretty sure it’s just that they don’t offer it for the later showing.

had the same question. I’m pretty sure it’s just that they don’t offer it for the later showing.

I think you’re right... which is a bummer because it’d be really nice to do it for the second show and have more time in the park before hand.

Ohhhh nice to hear that they’re on top of things with the dining reservations schedule. I can make mine in just a few more days! 64 more days to go!! 🎄🎄🎄

I just booked the same date, its also DS bday and so excited we get to do this! Its been exciting seeing things open up for our days...I like Fall but really excited for this trip.

The Dessert Party entrance has moved and the seating area has expanded.
DP check-in CM told me it changed a month ago.

Old entrance was near the fire hydrant.
View attachment 443389

New entrance is directly in front of the Little Mermaid building.
Seating area is significantly larger.
View attachment 443390
The Dessert Party searing seems to have expanded over the Carthay Circle dining package area. Curious where Carthay Circle dining area is now, since it was never very crowded in my experience.

I see people love this, but I can't understand why it's worth $84. Why do you like it or would you skip it? Every year on our Christmas trip, my sister and I try to do something we've never done before so this is on the list of things to try. From the pictures, the food doesn't look like anything I'd like too much (similar to the food you get at Tomorrowland Skyline Lounge fireworks viewing, most of which I didn't eat) so basically you're paying for a guaranteed seat to see WOC? Do most people find this worth the money?

WOC is one of my favorite Disney shows and I've seen just about all of them multiple times on both coasts. The dessert party is pure luxury by Disney standards. The ability to see one of my favorite shows with a comfortable seat is worth the price even if they didn't feed me! 😊

Yes we find paying for a guaranteed seat WITH a great view worth the money. The deserts are just an added bonus.

The same mentality may not apply at DL, but I think Disney has such great success with desert parties and other upcharges at WDW because so many people are there for that "once in a lifetime" trip. So they just say screw it and pay all these extra costs to make the trip special as it's a one time thing.

The plaza viewing party for HEA is my favorite as its one if the hardest to just grab a seat for.

After being on my feet for 10+ hours, it seems like a small fee to pay to sit down at a high top table and watch a fun show. That you get cheese and fruit and chocolates and hot chocolate (when cool out) is just perfect!

It’s something I always do when I visit (usually just a once a year visit, if I was local I probably wouldn’t do this every time, lol).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!