World of Color Superthread

This is so helpful! Thank you so much!
DH is really tall (6'7") so he is worried about standing and blocking a kid's view. I'm rather short (5'2") so worried about not being able to see.

Looks like the dessert party will be the best bet then. Thanks so much!
Waiting for our WOC to begin. I’m 5 feet tall, spouse is 6’2 there was really no one behind us in this pic. We were on a high top table.

Attachments

• BA083052-7E96-43A0-981E-A3D1923C22E2.jpeg
    BA083052-7E96-43A0-981E-A3D1923C22E2.jpeg
    58.2 KB · Views: 93
Waiting for our WOC to begin. I’m 5 feet tall, spouse is 6’2 there was really no one behind us in this pic. We were on a high top table.
Yeah, this would be best for us but I don't think we can swing the cost (even if any reservations were open at this point). Do you two have experience standing in the FP area?
My s/o is tall also and worried about blocking people.

Yeah, this would be best for us but I don't think we can swing the cost (even if any reservations were open at this point). Do you two have experience standing in the FP area?
My s/o is tall also and worried about blocking people.
DH is quite a bit taller than I am, so when we view the show in a standing area (either free FP or dining package), we try to stand all the way over to the side, up by a railing. Then we stand tandem (me in front, DH close behind) so we don't take up a lot of room. That way, I can see and DH can see over my head. Since we stand far over by the edge of the section, we don't block the view of people in the middle area. Most people can see around us or move around us. So far, this strategy has worked fine.

DH is quite a bit taller than I am, so when we view the show in a standing area (either free FP or dining package), we try to stand all the way over to the side, up by a railing. Then we stand tandem (me in front, DH close behind) so we don't take up a lot of room. That way, I can see and DH can see over my head. Since we stand far over by the edge of the section, we don't block the view of people in the middle area. Most people can see around us or move around us. So far, this strategy has worked fine.
Thank you :) Yeah, we usually do that as well, I'm 5'6" and he is 6'4". This post says there are two fastpass areas, do they both have side rails?

Thank you :) Yeah, we usually do that as well, I'm 5'6" and he is 6'4". This post says there are two fastpass areas, do they both have side rails?
Front rails and side ropes, the last time we were in those sections. And the last time we viewed from the wet zone, it was so empty that everyone was super spread out and there was lots of space for everyone!

I've never seen WOC before; I'm thinking we will either do the dessert party or dining reservations, but I am REALLY torn on which one to choose.
Any advice?

I had this decision to make myself and went with the dessert party because the thought of sitting down to relax *during* the show appealed to me. Although it's different, we did the HEA dessert party at MK in 2018 and absolutely loved doing that; my husband even said it was his favorite thing on our trip.

I had this decision to make myself and went with the dessert party because the thought of sitting down to relax *during* the show appealed to me. Although it's different, we did the HEA dessert party at MK in 2018 and absolutely loved doing that; my husband even said it was his favorite thing on our trip.
How far in advance did you "line up" Say they say the dessert party starts at 9, what time would you line up to secure a decent location high top?

How far in advance did you "line up" Say they say the dessert party starts at 9, what time would you line up to secure a decent location high top?

Oops, we do the dessert party next month; I didn't make that clear!

Hopefully someone else can chime in!

We showed up at 8:10 last Sunday-ticket said 8:15 for a 9:00 show. We should’ve been earlier as we were pretty much at the end of the line. With that being said, our party of 6 still got a front row high top, albeit all the way on one side. View was still fabulous.

It was a good show. Lovely, and our service was absolutely wonderful. Way too much food-we had plenty to snack on all week. Cheese was good, desserts were fine-disney desserts, you know? This was the holiday version-it’s beautiful, though perhaps not as tear-jerking as the normal version.

I think I’m glad I did it but probably wouldn’t do it again. $500 is a lot of money and maybe could’ve spent that in other ways. However, it was a great way to celebrate my 50th!

We were at the same party. Someone called yesterday to confirm the refund because I had used a gift card for payment. I just checked the card today (Friday) and the refund was back on there - so it takes them a few days. Free drinks and snacks at Disney - can't complain!

We didn't get to see WoC Season of Light or Believe in Holiday Magic because it was cancelled every night we were there this week. It looked like Fantasmic still happened though.
Did you pay with a disney gift card? How did you do that? I was told in another thread that I wouldn't be able to use gift cards for WOC dessert party because I'd have to pay in advance.

Did you pay with a disney gift card? How did you do that? I was told in another thread that I wouldn't be able to use gift cards for WOC dessert party because I'd have to pay in advance.
Yes, but you have to call into dining reservations to give them the gift card info. They deduct the party price at the time of reservation. They really should just allow this to be done online, but for whatever reason they don't.

Side notes: I was surprised at how many people they accommodate at the WoC dessert party. In my mind I was imagining like 20 people and in reality it seemed closer to 100 people. Also, as a party of 2 we were seated at a table with another couple. We were given a choice of director's high top chairs or normal lower seating and we chose lower. I'd imagine if you arrived late you might not have a choice in seating. I think we arrived around 9:00 when the reservation was for 9:15 and most people were already seated or in line ahead of us.

Last edited:
... I was surprised at how many people they accommodate at the WoC dessert party. In my mind I was imagining like 20 people and in reality it seemed closer to 100 people. Also, as a party of 2 we were seated at a table with another couple. We were given a choice of director's high top chairs or normal lower seating and we chose lower. I'd imagine if you arrived late you might not have a choice in seating. I think we arrived around 9:00 when the reservation was for 9:15 and most people were already seated or in line ahead of us.
The Dessert Party normally seats at least 100 guests and up to 200 on busy nights. (The area was doubled late last year.) We've been told by WOC CMs that the seating is pre-assigned according to when you make your reservation and the size of your party. I know that we've had people show up at the very last minute before showtime who were seated at our table, high top, front row, center -- so it really doesn't always matter how long you wait in line. And the WOC Dessert Party webpage says to be aware that parties of fewer than 4 guests will probably be sharing a table. We've always shared a table, even when there was only one extra seat available.

The Dessert Party normally seats at least 100 guests and up to 200 on busy nights. (The area was doubled late last year.) We've been told by WOC CMs that the seating is pre-assigned according to when you make your reservation and the size of your party. I know that we've had people show up at the very last minute before showtime who were seated at our table, high top, front row, center -- so it really doesn't always matter how long you wait in line. And the WOC Dessert Party webpage says to be aware that parties of fewer than 4 guests will probably be sharing a table. We've always shared a table, even when there was only one extra seat available.
To get a seat like that, high top, front row, center. How far in advance are you booking. Are you typically online the morning it is available and booking or are you a little later?

I lined up about 20 min prior to the given time of I recall correctly and was maybe the 6th party or so in line... I could have lined up a later without issue...(even if I hadn’t been solo...)
the reason for me to be early was to have enough time to enjoy the free drinks (2 alcoholic and many hot chocolates)
But they ask you at check in if you want a low or high top table... so they can’t really pre-assign.

... But they ask you at check in if you want a low or high top table... so they can’t really pre-assign.
They weren't asking guests the last time we did the Dessert Party. The show was sold out, so I don't know if that made any difference. The CM told me that they can make some adjustments for things like guests who can't sit at high tables, but overall, the seatings are pre-assigned.
ETA: Looks like this is yet another example of "Ask 10 CMs, get 10 different answers!" It's possible that the CMs I spoke with were new (holiday hires?) and not as experienced at the WOC game. The second show Dessert Party certainly had a more relaxed vibe than any of the first show parties that we've done.

Last edited:
To get a seat like that, high top, front row, center. How far in advance are you booking. Are you typically online the morning it is available and booking or are you a little later?
We knew our night would be very busy, so I booked the first day my date became available.

I was in a party of 3 and attended on a Friday night in December. I booked online in the morning WOC opened up for accept reservations (after checking the website 2x day for many many days waiting to make my reservation).

Day of event -- lined up about 30 mins prior time stated and was pretty much near the end of the line...maybe 3/4 of the way back.

We were then given a choice of high top or low top table and I asked the CM about the preassigned seating. Response was they only preassign when there are several guests with accessibility needs. Otherwise they would have to ask at the time of reservation of what type of table you wanted. Was also told the place in line was more important then when you booked. Even the person that booked the last available spot for WOC could be first in line and get their pick of seat before anyone.

However -- not sure it really matters. The area is so small that ALL the tables seemed to have a great view. Perhaps the tables on the extreme sides are not the best but most we pretty comparable. I wouldn't worry about it or show up 60 mins prior to stand in line if you want the very first pick of all the tables.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter