World of Color Superthread

AmyJamer

Earning My Ears
I’m trying to look ahead to world of color times when we are there- is it normal for times to change so much? Wednesday is listed as 9 (dessert party time says 7:15), Thursday is listed at 8:15 and Friday at 10. Makes sense weekend time would be later- just wondering if anyone as insight. Thanks!

luvallprincesses

DIS Veteran
What will the schedule be for WOC on Thursday, March 5 with the After Hours Pixar event occurring? Trying to decide in our 4 day trip that week (Tues-Fri) which day to dedicate to DCA, wanting to ensure to see WOC (but not go to the party or buy park hoppers since we’re buying MaxPass). We are already dedicating Friday to DLR due to being the only F! opportunity, and wanted to do DLR on our first day, Tuesday.

ChanaC

Mouseketeer
I feel like the answer is no, but it's worth asking - is there a way to watch World of Color outside of California Adventure? Is there a restaurant or viewing deck at the Grand Californian? I'm planning on getting a one day, non-park hopper ticket to Disneyland, but it's on a day with no nighttime show at Disneyland. I thought it would be cool to somehow checkout a night show before leaving for the day.

• Save up to 25% in Early 2020!
    Visit the Disneyland Resort in early 2020 and save up to 25% on a stay at the Disneyland Resort Hotels.
    This offer must be booked by 03/14/20, with travel completed by 04/17/20. This offer is good most nights 01/05/20 to 04/16/20!
    Click Here for Details

• ParkHopper1

DIS Veteran
    There is a viewing deck at GCH (room for only a few people and you need key card to access) and you can see it from select rooms at GCH and PPH...but all of those views are awful IMO. WOC is designed to be seen head on...otherwise all you see off axis is some pretty fountains with lights.

MaddAboutYou

Earning My Ears
    DH is quite a bit taller than I am, so when we view the show in a standing area (either free FP or dining package), we try to stand all the way over to the side, up by a railing. Then we stand tandem (me in front, DH close behind) so we don't take up a lot of room. That way, I can see and DH can see over my head. Since we stand far over by the edge of the section, we don't block the view of people in the middle area. Most people can see around us or move around us. So far, this strategy has worked fine.
    I love that you are so considerate this way!

• Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates