World of Color Superthread

I agree! I am an over planner. I ask way too many questions. I love WOC. This will be my mother’s first and probably only trip to DL, so I am trying to fit in all the now WDW things.
One fun thing you can try (if you can distract your mother for a bit -- maybe some shopping?): explain to the CMs at check in that this will be your mother's first time seeing WOC and her only trip to DLR; ask if there is a special table you can have for her. We did that for my parents for their first Dessert Party, and CMs came through for us with a great table with a fantastic view (my mom is very petite, so we were very worried about her being able to see well). DH took my parents on LM while I tried to explain everything and check us in. It worked out really well!

Great idea! We are also celebrating her beating cancer twice! We went to WDW last November because she always wanted to see the decorations. We are visiting DL then Vegas this trip. We have a wedding in Vegas. Our first trip to Vegas was after beating her first cancer.

Anyone else have a dessert party booked 2/19? Got an email about time change for the show but website still shows original show time of 9 pm. I called Disney dining and they know nothing about it....

I did get an email about that time change but I am going in March. I emailed but haven’t heard back

Where on the app can you book WOC using Maxpass ?
I looked , and I can not see where there is a location (like every other attraction) , that you can click and book a FP for WOC ???

When in March? I just booked my dessert package for the 2nd week of March and the reservation time was for 9:15pm for a 10pm show.
The issue is the email said February 19, but I am actually going March 19! I asked if the time change is for March as well. I will follow up

Where on the app can you book WOC using Maxpass ?
I looked , and I can not see where there is a location (like every other attraction) , that you can click and book a FP for WOC ???
If FPs are still available, the option should show up. Once FPs are gone for the day, the option is no longer shown. At least, that's how it seems to work on my app.

If FPs are still available, the option should show up. Once FPs are gone for the day, the option is no longer shown. At least, that's how it seems to work on my app.
If pulling a FP for WOC doesn't take up any other FPs, why don't more people grab one right away (when using Maxpass? Am I missing something?

If pulling a FP for WOC doesn't take up any other FPs, why don't more people grab one right away (when using Maxpass? Am I missing something?
Some people don't want the color offered (usually blue is offered first) or the first show (if there are two that night). Others have dining packages. And still others don't know the FPs are available via MP or they mistakenly think that WOC and F! FPs are linked to the ride FPs.

Moved from the ROTR Superthread:

Delurking to ask, where in GCH can you do this? Is it for concierge level only? We'll be staying there for first time in 29 days!

We'll also be trying for boarding groups our 4 days in the parks. Fingers crossed we get one the first day, because not riding seems to NOT be an option for our 8 year old.
Don't get your hopes up, it is not that great of a view of WOC. But there is a WOC viewing platform on the 5th or 6th floor at GCH. I can't recall which. You can ask at the hotel. Pretty easy to find.

:wizard:
Not great view. Off to the side and don't get a good view of the projections. But...it's three minutes from the room and with sore feet and seen woc before.....it's adequate 😁. If you haven't seen it. Get fastpass and watch it properly the first time.

It's 6th floor. Paradise view terrace. Go to the dvc wing on the very south side. Take elevators to 6th floor. Use room key to get in. No concierge needed

I’m very tempted to book the dessert party for my mother and I, it’s her first trip and I haven’t seen WOC in over 10 years. My trip last year we skipped the show as I was too tired from being in the parks all day and didn’t want to have to fight for a viewing spot.

Having a chair and a little bit of food and drink sounds great. My mother and I are both only 5ft2 so the only thing concerning me is if we were to get the second row and the show be blocked by heads for us.

We are in DL for the start of Food and Wine and so far every night has availability, makes me think we might even get a table to ourselves.

Also weather question - how cool has on been in the evenings later, just jeans and a light jacket enough?

Any recs whether to pick a Fri, Sat or Sunday night for the desert party?

I did get an email about that time change but I am going in March. I emailed but haven’t heard back
When in March? I just booked my dessert package for the 2nd week of March and the reservation time was for 9:15pm for a 10pm show.
I just got an email saying the time is changed for the show I booked March 19. The show is at 8:30 now, so we have to check in at 7:45, what time should I get in line?

I just got an email saying the time is changed for the show I booked March 19. The show is at 8:30 now, so we have to check in at 7:45, what time should I get in line?
The quote below should give you some idea of how to gauge the line up time. The time stated on your confirmation is the latest you should get in line. (Although, we've had people show up at our front row table just minutes before the show started and still have a great seat!) So think 7:45 and count back how much time you want to wait -- you'll still have guaranteed seats and a good/great view if you show up at 7:45, so add however much time you're willing to wait in line at the podium and start from there, e.g. half hour wait would mean lining up at 7:15. And you can always ask the Dessert Party CMs in the area what they recommend, too.

We showed up at 8:10 last Sunday-ticket said 8:15 for a 9:00 show. We should’ve been earlier as we were pretty much at the end of the line. With that being said, our party of 6 still got a front row high top, albeit all the way on one side. View was still fabulous...

Thank you so much! I will ask when I get there. 7:45 just felt too late for me. There are just 2 of us. This will be my mother's first and probably only visit.

I was looking to book the WOC Dessert Package and notice that April 21st is the latest date on the calendar is shows as available. I am wondering if perhaps WOC is going down after that now? Or is it often not available as far out as 60 days?

Often times dining and dessert packages are not released until entertainment schedule is released which can be less than the typical 60 day dining reservation window.

We loved WOC and did the dessert party (this past Monday, the 24th), which was great.

We got in line a little more than half an hour before the start of the party and there were already quite a few people lined up, so I was glad we showed up when we did because I like to show up early (just my style).

Yeah, when we tried to book it for June 2018, I think it was day 51 before they opened the DP up. Of course, that we the Year of the Great WOC Outage, and we didn't ultimately get to do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter