World of Color Superthread

Quick question for those of you in the know . . .

Have they made changes to these areas?

Specifically, is the area labeled "BEST" still considered part of the preferred dining section? I've seen reports that it is now considered part of the blue section.

I'm trying to decide between the picnic meal and a dining package at Ariel's Grotto.

Thanks!

Preferred Dining gets to go in the blue area but still gets there own section of it which is more direct inline to view the screens. Regular Blue gets the outer area of the Blue section.

The area labeled Best is still in the preferred dining section.

Picnic will get you a blue or yellow ticket. It doesn't really matter because your view is more dependent on where in the section you are versus what color it is.

Quick question for those of you in the know . . .

Have they made changes to these areas?

Specifically, is the area labeled "BEST" still considered part of the preferred dining section? I've seen reports that it is now considered part of the blue section.

I'm trying to decide between the picnic meal and a dining package at Ariel's Grotto.

Thanks!
They have not made changes. And the "best" section in SS Columbia's thread is subjective. I have seen the show from near there (right next to VIP) and do not think it is best. The best view I have had in four times is the very front of preferred dining ("PD 1"). I also have seen the show from the absolute front point in the red section ("Red 1wet") and that too was excellent. The back section of blue (labeled "best") gives a different experience. Not bad - I liked it - but would not call it best myself.

You can find all the details right here

On the Disnland.com page for WoC, dining tab.

yeah...I've tried reading it a few times now. I see picnics are 30 days..are the Table Services also? I want to do the package for Dec 30 and I want to make sure I haven't missed it.

yeah...I've tried reading it a few times now. I see picnics are 30 days..are the Table Services also? I want to do the package for Dec 30 and I want to make sure I haven't missed it.

Not sure if this is always the case but we made our Ariel's Grotto reservation (with the WOC pass) the last time we went only a few weeks in advance and had no trouble getting a reservation.

we just made our reservation for ariels grotto for the day after thanksgiving and it sounds like they still had openings.

i have a question for someone who might know. our reservation is for 6:30 and the world of color starts at nine that night. will that be enough time eat and get in line so we will get a good spot?

Wow! So much information! Thank you!

But one thing I can't find, when is the best days to view WoC on the weekend? Friday night, Saturday night or Sunday night??

Thanks!

The TS WoC dinner packages at Ariels and WCT can be booked 60 days(two months) like any other TS dining reservation at DLR.

Wow! So much information! Thank you!

But one thing I can't find, when is the best days to view WoC on the weekend? Friday night, Saturday night or Sunday night??

Thanks!

Right now it doesn't matter. Those nights are all considered the weekend. Since going to offseason they all have had two shows, the weekdays have one. Some have been slower but there doesn't seem to be a great pattern or at least too few people reporting back. Keep in mind that your view is most effected by how close to the railing you are in any section or row of the viewing area.

Last Friday there was a third show added. That night DL was closed to regular guests for Mickey's Halloween party and DCA got much busier. I'm not sure if this happened on Friday night again this week it was also a MHP night.

Right now it doesn't matter. Those nights are all considered the weekend. Since going to offseason they all have had two shows, the weekdays have one. Some have been slower but there doesn't seem to be a great pattern or at least too few people reporting back. Keep in mind that your view is most effected by how close to the railing you are in any section or row of the viewing area.

Last Friday there was a third show added. That night DL was closed to regular guests for Mickey's Halloween party and DCA got much busier. I'm not sure if this happened on Friday night again this week it was also a MHP night.

Thank you!

We'll be going Fri Nov 19 - Mon Nov 22 and am trying to plan out an itinerary...guess we'll check out WoC on Sat AND Sun night, just in case Sat. doesn't work out! :thumbsup2

This past Friday there were three shows. DD went back to the hotel for jackets around 6:30 and as I was waiting for her near the entrance, the crowds were streaming in.

UPDATE 10/18/2010

Demand for the first show (everyday) remains high, and to get a fastpass you need to enter before opening (9:30) to 10:15am to be sure to get a WOC Fastpass. Or, have reserved a Picnic or Dining WOC ahead of time. To get Blue you need to enter at 9:30 and go directly to the Fastpass machines. The lines are much shorter now and only one person of your group needs to be in line, but all tickets must have been scanned at DL OR DCA to get a fastpass,

On weekend nights:
Friday & Sunday with 2 or 3 shows the last show is usually available into the early evening.
On Saturday they will run out in early afternoon.

FastPass Distribution Information:

They have one show Monday - Thurs,
Three shows Friday,
Two shows Sat & Sun.

The Fastpasses still run out at about the time shown. 10:30am on 10/15.
1st show (8:00 or 9:00pm) Everyday
9:00 - 9:50 = Blue
9:50 - 10:15 = Yellow
10:15 - 10:45 = Red

2nd Show (10:15pm) Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
10:45 in the same order:
Ask a Cast member and they will tell you when (after) they change.
They do not know this ahead of time, as there are too many variables.

3rd Show (11:15pm) Fridays2:30 or later
Blue (Now includes Preferred), Yellow, Red

Picnic Box:
Orderd ahead of the day you get the 1st show Blue or Yellow
Purchased the same day (When Available) 2nd show Blue or Yellow
Note: "Picnic Meal" Fastpasses aka: Reserved Viewing are exactly the same as a Blue or Yellow fastpass obtained by having one person waiting 5-10 minutes in the Fastpass line!

Reserved Dining "PREFERRED Viewing" (A $30 meal at Arials or WCT)
Early Reservations = 1st Show that day
Later Reservations = 2nd Show (when available) that day...

This past Friday there were three shows. DD went back to the hotel for jackets around 6:30 and as I was waiting for her near the entrance, the crowds were streaming in.

they have a 3rd show because of the haloween treat at Disneyland. DCA gets an extra 10k ppl after 6...

ElecTRONica also becomes very populated too.

heres an updated non fastpass frontal view...

wocjuly2010b.jpg

Just wanted to pass on some info from our WOC experience. We were at a 8:15 WOC show about a week ago. We had blue fastpasses and stood at the railing in one of the sections labeled "H" in the picture in post number 34 above. For our show the section labeled "H" that is closer to the front was reserved for people in wheelchairs, the section immediately behind it (the one with the trellise, and next to the preferred dining section labeled as "Best") was NOT reserved for those in wheelchairs.

We got close to the trellise without having it impact our view of the show. We enjoyed the view from our spot.

What great information here!! Thanks everyone!! I'm still alittle confused though on where to sit, I just can't visualize any of it. Does someone have a picture of the area, railings or whatever. I like the fire hydrant area idea, but don't quite understand it (trying to visualize it more, and it's not working LOL). Thanks!!

What great information here!! Thanks everyone!! I'm still alittle confused though on where to sit, I just can't visualize any of it. Does someone have a picture of the area, railings or whatever. I like the fire hydrant area idea, but don't quite understand it (trying to visualize it more, and it's not working LOL). Thanks!!

I'd really look at that map that Albort has in his post above. It will give you an idea of how the sections are layed out. Look at the arrrows into the areas too, since there is only one entrance per area. The biggest dilemma is knowing what area you will be in. If you get a regular FP it could be one of the three colors. Picnic will give Blue or Yellow. Dinner of course the dining area(PD) on the map. Once you find out where you are going it gets much simpler. But if you don't know until the day, you might want to print out the post that that map is from, you can find it way at the top of this thread.

I know there's already a bunch of maps, but for some reason I still could not wrap my head around them. I screenprinted a map from the Disneyland website, and for some reason(maybe because it's from behind where we'll actually be coming from?) filling in the colors on here really helped me.

WOC.jpg

I know there's already a bunch of maps, but for some reason I still could not wrap my head around them. I screenprinted a map from the Disneyland website, and for some reason(maybe because it's from behind where we'll actually be coming from?) filling in the colors on here really helped me.

WOC.jpg
Nice picture but possibly a little misleading. The area in your dark blue is the preferred dining (PD) area - not the "blue FP" area. Your light blue area is the blue FP area. The PD area does not have a universal color. Some people use light blue and some green. When they do the pre-show Carnival of Color it is considered green. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter