World of Color Superthread

What great information here!! Thanks everyone!! I'm still alittle confused though on where to sit, I just can't visualize any of it. Does someone have a picture of the area, railings or whatever. I like the fire hydrant area idea, but don't quite understand it (trying to visualize it more, and it's not working LOL). Thanks!!
This is the best photo of the WOC viewing area I have found and you can click on it and it expands further.

http://www.mouseplanet.info/gallery/d/101293-2/ParadisePark_By_Daniel_K_Lew.jpg

Here is a link to the fire hydrant spot in blue FP. I saw WOC from this exact spot one time and it is pretty good. Not the best spot IMO but a good spot that gives a different perspective than being near the water. You can see the whole breadth of the show from here very well.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=38088345&postcount=53

:wizard:

WoC dining package for lunch. WCT will offer a prix fixe lunchtime meals in addition to the already available Dinner Packages.

This is the best photo of the WOC viewing area I have found and you can click on it and it expands further.

http://www.mouseplanet.info/gallery/d/101293-2/ParadisePark_By_Daniel_K_Lew.jpg

Here is a link to the fire hydrant spot in blue FP. I saw WOC from this exact spot one time and it is pretty good. Not the best spot IMO but a good spot that gives a different perspective than being near the water. You can see the whole breadth of the show from here very well.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=38088345&postcount=53

:wizard:

Hydroguy is correct. My "Secret" spot is not the very best. Yellow Wet, Red Wet, Front of Preferred Dining, VIP, and some of the spots of Blue are better if you are there very early and run to get a front rail spot. But it is much better than most places, and you can see the entire show without anyone in front of you.

However, behind the yellow fire hydrant is very easy to get to. Get to DCA early and get a Blue Fastpass. It will give you as good of an overall view as anywhere except VIP. The main advantage is it will save you a TON of time. Here is what it looked like on Monday 11/15 at 7:41. This is 11 minutes after they let in the herd.
No waiting at all.
Just walk up to the spot and enjoy without fighting for a spot.

IMG_1090a.jpg

NOTE: They have made some recent changes: The section labeled "BEST" on my original map is now a handicapped section. This reduces the Preferred Dining a lot, and makes it much less worth the extra money, unless you are one of the very first to line up and rush to the front.

ps: Hydroguy you are the best for overall tips... Keep it up.... Hope to meet you soon.

WOW! I was coming on here to ask all of these questions! Thanks again! Your WDW vet guide is still 1 of my favourite reads!

:yay:Planning October 2011 at the moment! :yay:

Can't wait to go back!

According to this you have to get to the WOC fastpass before DCA opens. How do you do this? Do they let you into the park before it opens just the rides don't open?

UPDATE 10/18/2010

Demand for the first show (everyday) remains high, and to get a fastpass you need to enter before opening (9:30) to 10:15am to be sure to get a WOC Fastpass. Or, have reserved a Picnic or Dining WOC ahead of time. To get Blue you need to enter at 9:30 and go directly to the Fastpass machines. The lines are much shorter now and only one person of your group needs to be in line, but all tickets must have been scanned at DL OR DCA to get a fastpass,

On weekend nights:
Friday & Sunday with 2 or 3 shows the last show is usually available into the early evening.
On Saturday they will run out in early afternoon.

FastPass Distribution Information:

They have one show Monday - Thurs,
Three shows Friday,
Two shows Sat & Sun.

The Fastpasses still run out at about the time shown. 10:30am on 10/15.
1st show (8:00 or 9:00pm) Everyday
9:00 - 9:50 = Blue
9:50 - 10:15 = Yellow
10:15 - 10:45 = Red

2nd Show (10:15pm) Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
10:45 in the same order:
Ask a Cast member and they will tell you when (after) they change.
They do not know this ahead of time, as there are too many variables.

3rd Show (11:15pm) Fridays2:30 or later
Blue (Now includes Preferred), Yellow, Red

Picnic Box:
Orderd ahead of the day you get the 1st show Blue or Yellow
Purchased the same day (When Available) 2nd show Blue or Yellow
Note: "Picnic Meal" Fastpasses aka: Reserved Viewing are exactly the same as a Blue or Yellow fastpass obtained by having one person waiting 5-10 minutes in the Fastpass line!

Reserved Dining "PREFERRED Viewing" (A $30 meal at Arials or WCT)
Early Reservations = 1st Show that day
Later Reservations = 2nd Show (when available) that day...

According to this you have to get to the WOC fastpass before DCA opens. How do you do this? Do they let you into the park before it opens just the rides don't open?

This is done two ways. The Resort guests are let in through the GCH by showing thier room key. They are let in just after 9am. General guests are let in at 9:30 through the front gates and to the right to the WoC FP distribution. At this point, 9:30am, Soarin and GRR are opened. Also a rope drop will be set up keeping people in the front of the park. The ropes are dropped at 10am to let people into the rest of the park.

WoC dining package for lunch. WCT will offer a prix fixe lunchtime meals in addition to the already available Dinner Packages.

This is exciting! I called today and reserved a WoC lunch at WCT but they quoted me the same price as dinner. Oh, and the blog post says "reserved" viewing not "preferred" viewing. So, now I'm not so sure that I'm getting what I'd hoped for.

Anyone else have some clarity on these two points (the price and the viewing spot?)

Thanks!

This is exciting! I called today and reserved a WoC lunch at WCT but they quoted me the same price as dinner. Oh, and the blog post says "reserved" viewing not "preferred" viewing. So, now I'm not so sure that I'm getting what I'd hoped for.

Anyone else have some clarity on these two points (the price and the viewing spot?)

Thanks!

Did they quote each price, dinner and lunch?

Dinner is now $39.99.
The lunches were stated to be $29.99

Picnics I've heard have been raised $1.

Did they quote each price, dinner and lunch?

Dinner is now $39.99.
The lunches were stated to be $29.99

Picnics I've heard have been raised $1.

I asked for the price of the meal I reserved. He said it was the prix fixe price. I asked him for the specific price and he told me $39.99. :confused3

I asked for the price of the meal I reserved. He said it was the prix fixe price. I asked him for the specific price and he told me $39.99. :confused3

I might be confused. Both the dinners and lunch are prix fixe designed meals. Did you reserve the lunch? If so I would print out the description in the link I posted and also call back and tell them what is says and where to find it. Since it was just announced reservations may not know.

I'm also curious if it gets FPs for the PD veiwing or the Blue or Yellow like the picnics.

Beginning Nov 26 DCA has a new
WOC sit down lunch option.
This gives you a "Reserved Viewing" pass.
This is EXACTLY the same as a Blue or Yellow Fastpass from the GRR machine issued early in the day, or a Picnic Lunch [$15.99].
It is just a more expensive Sitdown Lunch [$29.99] option instead of a Picnic Lunch. With a different menu.

The "Preferred Dining" [$39.99] option
Gives you a seperate "Preferred Dining Viewing Section" is still only available as a Dinner option from Ariels Grotto or WCT.

FROM THE DISNEYLAND SIte and offical BLOG:

{Wine Country Trattoria World of Color Dining

Experience the bounty of California wine country with a delicious 3-course meal than includes choice of starter, entrée and dessert. Complement your meal from the wide selection of wine, at an additional cost. Dinner includes a Preferred Viewing Section pass while lunch includes a Reserved Viewing pass.

Lunch

First and second show lunch packages (on applicable days):

•11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., first show
•2:40 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., second show
$29.99 adults
$18.99 children ages 3 to 9

Dinner

First and second show dinner packages (on applicable nights):

•4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., first show
•7:05 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., second show
$39.99 adults
$20.99 children ages 3 to 9

I might be confused. Both the dinners and lunch are prix fixe designed meals. Did you reserve the lunch?
I'm also curious if it gets FPs for the PD veiwing or the Blue or Yellow like the picnics.

My reservation is for 11:50. He told me the price was the same as the dinner price.

Experience the bounty of California wine country with a delicious 3-course meal than includes choice of starter, entrée and dessert. Complement your meal from the wide selection of wine, at an additional cost. Dinner includes a Preferred Viewing Section pass while lunch includes a Reserved Viewing pass.

I was hoping this wasn't the case. Thanks for clarifying for me! Good thing I didn't cancel my AG WoC dinner package for later in my trip. I think my best bet is to grab the FP first thing instead of pay for it at lunch. I'm hoping we get a good enough view of the show to cancel AG. Or, maybe we'll love the show so much we keep the AG package and watch it again!

Just got off the phone with Disneyland Dining.

Me: What is the cost for the WoC lunch packages at WCT?
CM Jason: $39.99 Adult/ $20.99 Child

Me: But your blog says a different price.
CM: Hold on. Let me check. Yep. Dinner and Lunch are same price.

Me: But, it's the official Disney blog.
CM: There's a lot of misinformation out there.

Me: Right on your website?
CM: Yes. It's a blog.

Me: I'm curious also about the seating, or rather, the viewing location.
CM: Yes, this comes with a spot right up front and center.

Me: So the lunch comes with a spot in the preferred viewing section? Not in the sections that are red blue or yellow like the fast passes.
CM: It probably does have a color, but all the dining packages have the same viewing area up front.

Is it possible that blog is wrong? Or, is it more likely that I've found two CMs who don't know what they are talking about?

Is it possible that blog is wrong? Or, is it more likely that I've found two CMs who don't know what they are talking about?

I'd say the latter. They may not have good information since the lunch option is new. Also it's good to ask if the CM has ever seen the show on a general night and gone through the guest experience. Likewise with doing a dinner, picnic or lunch option.

IME the CM didn't have a good idea what is going on.

These are screen shots from the OFFICIAL DISNEYLAND WEB SITE today.

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneys-california-adventure/world-of-color/

It is exactly what I pasted above !

DisneyWOCSitecopy.jpg

DisneyWOCPricingNov2010.jpg

????????????????????????????????????????????????

Reserved VIEWING = the same as a Blue or Yellow Fastpass, it doesn't matter if is was a free FAstpass from GRR, a Picnic Lunch, or a WCT "Lunch"
Preferred DINNING = This is the only Fastpass that gets you into the "PREFERRED VIEWING" section. There is NO COLOR associated with this.

RESERVED does not equal PREFERRED.
:

NO FASTPASS GIVES YOU A FRONT AND CENTER LOCATION GUARANTEE.

DISNEY NEEDS TO CORRECT IT's SITE OR WHAT DISNEY RESERVATIONS IS SAYING.

On Thursday 11/11 we were 40 minutes early for park open and the CM announces a line will be forming for WOC FP distribution and that we would then all walk up to the FP machines in an orderly fashion...

The line never materialized and I went straight for the FP machines...

I have a dumb question about the WoC fastpasses. I understand that they do have a color associated with them. How can you determine what color you get? Are they at random or do they go in some type of order?

On Thursday 11/11 we were 40 minutes early for park open and the CM announces a line will be forming for WOC FP distribution and that we would then all walk up to the FP machines in an orderly fashion...

The line never materialized and I went straight for the FP machines...

Is this normally the case? Is there usually a separate line outside the gates to line up in to get fastpasses? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!