World of Color Superthread

Hello,

This December will be my first time seeing World of Color. I was hoping the experts here can help me out with a question I have:

I plan on attending the second showing of the night of World of Color (the 10:15pm showtime) using a fastpass. My group wants to get a front row rail spot and we have no problem waiting for an hour or more. My question is, is it safe to get to the que immediately after the first showing of WOC at 9:00pm (which means getting to the que about 9:30pm)? Or will we need to start lining up at the que while first WOC show is still going on? The reason we are hesitant to line up during the first show is that we don't want to see any of the show until it's our time to view it.

Thanks for any advice!

Last edited:
Hello,

This December will be my first time seeing World of Color. I was hoping the experts here can help me out with a question I have:

I plan on attending the second showing of the night of World of Color (the 10:15pm showtime) using a fastpass. My group wants to get a front row rail spot and we have no problem waiting for an hour or more. My question is, is it safe to get to the que immediately after the first showing of WOC at 9:00pm (which means getting to the que about 9:30pm)? Or will we need to start lining up at the que while first WOC show is still going on? The reason we are hesitant to line up during the first show is that we don't want to see any of the show until it's our time to view it.

Thanks for any advice!

We did the second show dessert party last week. I wouldn’t bother lining up early. We showed up at 9:30 and they directed us to a line in front of the gift shops across from stroller parking outside Little Mermaid ride. Even though we showed up on time we were one of the last in line. We were a party of 3, had our own table and had a great view in the middle of the section at a high table. Lots of tables were completely empty. The second show probably isn’t as busy. Have fun!

I plan on attending the second showing of the night of World of Color (the 10:15pm showtime) using a fastpass. My group wants to get a front row rail spot and we have no problem waiting for an hour or more. My question is, is it safe to get to the que immediately after the first showing of WOC at 9:00pm (which means getting to the que about 9:30pm)?

I assume that you mean the front row in the wet section. (In case you're not aware, since it will be your first time, there's a section right next to the water. Disney says that you will get wet if you view from there. How wet depends on how breezy it is that night.)

We saw World of Color from the wet section twice in early November. The wet section didn't seem as popular as the dry section and didn't fill up as quickly. At least that was the case on those nights. I assume this was because it wasn't what I would describe as warm in the evenings (even though it had been warm during the day). I would think this could be the case in December, too, as it's probably going to be fairly cool by 10pm.

However, with a limited number of spots on the rail, it kind of comes down to the luck-of-the-draw how long they'll be available. It only takes a few groups to fill them up. The first night we saw WOC, we went more than an hour early and we still ended up one row back from the rail. The second night we went a little later, and were planning to stay in the dry section. I went to get food, and when I got back, the girls had convinced my wife to move into the wet section right on the rail because no one else had claimed that spot much later. I think we just got really lucky (or unlucky, depending on your perspective). But it just shows that it can be unpredictable.

I plan on attending the second showing of the night of World of Color (the 10:15pm showtime) using a fastpass.

One more thought, specifically on the 10:15 showtime. As you probably know, the FastPasses are are distributed in order: first the blue viewing area (the better area) for the 9:00 show, then the yellow viewing area (the less desirable area) for the 9:00 show, then the blue viewing area for the 10:15 show, and finally the yellow viewing area for 10:15 show.

So you need to be on top of it. You can just get a FastPass for the WOC first thing in the morning, or it will be for the 9:00 show. But if you aren't paying attention, you might end up with the yellow viewing for the 10:15 or even miss out on the show altogether.

It'll be a lot easier to do this if you have Max Pass. Then you can just keep an eye on it and get the Fast Passes as soon as it changes over to the later showing. But even if you don't have Max Pass, you can use the app to monitor which show Fast Passes are being distributed for. If you scroll down on the home page of the app, you should find a button that says "Today's Showtimes." From there you can find what Fast Passes are being distributed for WOC and send a runner to pull Fast Passes manually as soon as 10:15 is available.

We stayed at the Grand Californian (overlooking DCA) over the weekend and a strange warning showed up on the TV saying there could be noise from DCA on Sunday. At 11:45pm last night I was awakened to them rehearsing some kind of WoC show. It was loud and definitely not the holiday version. I was too tired, and frankly don’t know WoC that well, but it looks like they could be making some changes to the regular show. Just thought I’d report that in case anyone has further information.

One more thought, specifically on the 10:15 showtime. As you probably know, the FastPasses are are distributed in order: first the blue viewing area (the better area) for the 9:00 show, then the yellow viewing area (the less desirable area) for the 9:00 show, then the blue viewing area for the 10:15 show, and finally the yellow viewing area for 10:15 show.

So you need to be on top of it. You can just get a FastPass for the WOC first thing in the morning, or it will be for the 9:00 show. But if you aren't paying attention, you might end up with the yellow viewing for the 10:15 or even miss out on the show altogether.

It'll be a lot easier to do this if you have Max Pass. Then you can just keep an eye on it and get the Fast Passes as soon as it changes over to the later showing. But even if you don't have Max Pass, you can use the app to monitor which show Fast Passes are being distributed for. If you scroll down on the home page of the app, you should find a button that says "Today's Showtimes." From there you can find what Fast Passes are being distributed for WOC and send a runner to pull Fast Passes manually as soon as 10:15 is available.

This past Saturday, they did not distribute FPs for the 10:15 WoC show; they only distributed them for the 9:00 show. I don't know if this is a permanent change or a temporary trial. The 10:15 show was so empty that I walked up 15 minutes before and had my choice of spots.

We stayed at the Grand Californian (overlooking DCA) over the weekend and a strange warning showed up on the TV saying there could be noise from DCA on Sunday. At 11:45pm last night I was awakened to them rehearsing some kind of WoC show. It was loud and definitely not the holiday version. I was too tired, and frankly don’t know WoC that well, but it looks like they could be making some changes to the regular show. Just thought I’d report that in case anyone has further information.

They are adding a Disney+ commercial to the show.

Just kidding. Star Wars would be my guess, to coincide with SWGE "completion" in January. I've already noticed the marketing is ramping up. I would guess they go hyperdrive after the holidays to setup Spring/Summer. Thanks for the cool report.

I have a World of Color Dessert Party reservation (in mid January) for 7:30pm.

If that's the time on my booking, does that mean the show starts at that time, or is that the time I should arrive? If the latter, what time is the show likely to start, and how long does it normally go for?

Thanks

I have a World of Color Dessert Party reservation (in mid January) for 7:30pm.

If that's the time on my booking, does that mean the show starts at that time, or is that the time I should arrive? If the latter, what time is the show likely to start, and how long does it normally go for?

Thanks
7:30 is the time they start seating guests. I would get there before that time but all seats seem to have pretty good views. Last week we got a short table on the front row (option of that or a tall in the back) and we got there at 7PM (for the 7:30 booking).

I'm highly considering the dessert party in the first week of March as our splurge. I hope it won't rain too hard or anything to cancel the show.

This past Saturday, they did not distribute FPs for the 10:15 WoC show; they only distributed them for the 9:00 show. I don't know if this is a permanent change or a temporary trial. The 10:15 show was so empty that I walked up 15 minutes before and had my choice of spots.
Does anyone know if this was a one-off or if FPs are usually distributed for the 10:15 show (and if they are, what time it generally switches from 9:00 to 10:15)? Hoping to catch the 10:15 show in a couple weeks, but I'd rather not spend all morning on my phone checking which show's FP is being distributed...

I have read WOC typically goes on in the rain, unless is is heavy downpour or obviously lightening in the vicinity.

What about the Dessert Party? Does that always coincide with the show? I really don't want to try and enjoy a plate full of crackers and desserts with rain pouring down on it. That would not be enjoyable at all, and not worth its hefty price tag. Anyone know if they cancel the dessert party when it rains?

Well I found out last March! It was pouring rain all day and I thought for sure they'd cancel WOC. They didn't cancel it and they wouldn't refund the dessert party charge. We were too tired and cold to sit out in more rain by that point so we were out the money. :(

Well I found out last March! It was pouring rain all day and I thought for sure they'd cancel WOC. They didn't cancel it and they wouldn't refund the dessert party charge. We were too tired and cold to sit out in more rain by that point so we were out the money. :(
I would have at least asked for our deserts in a to go box. You paid for them anyway. And yes I think that is unfair, but they are up front about it.

I was all set to book it 60 days out from our trip (trip is in March) but this is making me rethink it.

Does the dessert party typically sell out close to the date? I am stuck because I don't want to miss out if it's nice but really don't want to sit in the rain!

I was all set to book it 60 days out from our trip (trip is in March) but this is making me rethink it.

Does the dessert party typically sell out close to the date? I am stuck because I don't want to miss out if it's nice but really don't want to sit in the rain!
You have 24 hours to cancel. Last March, I moved ours around due to rain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!