World of Color Superthread

I was all set to book it 60 days out from our trip (trip is in March) but this is making me rethink it.

Does the dessert party typically sell out close to the date? I am stuck because I don't want to miss out if it's nice but really don't want to sit in the rain!

I don’t think it sells out super fast unless there’s a new show or a holiday. I booked ours just a few weeks out.

I was all set to book it 60 days out from our trip (trip is in March) but this is making me rethink it.

Does the dessert party typically sell out close to the date? I am stuck because I don't want to miss out if it's nice but really don't want to sit in the rain!
I have a reservation next Wednesday (1 week from today) and they're still showing availability. That's usually a fairly busy time, but the weather is making me nervous and maybe people are afraid to book because of that.

For those worried about viewing WOC in the rain:
This was our experience on Thanksgiving, 11/28/19: We had free FPs for the first show, but weren't absolutely certain the show would go on. The rain had been steady through the afternoon, then there was a break, but had started up again in the evening. About 10 minutes before showtime, I asked a CM at the Information Kiosk if the show was still going to happen. She assured me that it would go on. So we went to the viewing area, which had plenty of spots still available in all areas. No one was scanning FPs -- guests were allowed to walk in to the viewing area. With just minutes to spare, we walked right up to a railing in the front of the yellow section. Our rain gear worked well -- rain boots, rain pants, rain coats with hoods -- it rained throughout the show, and we stayed warm and dry. My rain hood worked so well that my glasses didn't even get misted -- and we were close to the front! All the show effects worked well -- the projections were clear and the fire jets felt great. If you have good rain gear, don't give up on WOC because of wet weather. You can get great viewing with no wait time using the free FPs -- and that is a rare occurrence!

I am assuming the WoC Dessert Party seating is not covered? Has anyone tried doing this when it was raining? It doesn't sound like it would be very pleasant. I know weather can change quickly and it's still too soon to know exactly what it will be like 4 days from now, but it's showing 90% chance of rain that day and I'm trying to strategize.

I am assuming the WoC Dessert Party seating is not covered? Has anyone tried doing this when it was raining? It doesn't sound like it would be very pleasant. I know weather can change quickly and it's still too soon to know exactly what it will be like 4 days from now, but it's showing 90% chance of rain that day and I'm trying to strategize.
No, the Dessert Party area is not covered at all because any covering would block the view of the section behind it. If it rains, make sure to have good outerwear to keep you warm and dry throughout the show and ask for your desserts to be boxed up immediately to keep them dry. You can wait until the day before your reservation to cancel, so keep checking the forecast. And be ready to get a free FP and to get great viewing if it does rain. Last night was great! Super view, no wait!

No, the Dessert Party area is not covered at all because any covering would block the view of the section behind it. If it rains, make sure to have good outerwear to keep you warm and dry throughout the show and ask for your desserts to be boxed up immediately to keep them dry. You can wait until the day before your reservation to cancel, so keep checking the forecast. And be ready to get a free FP and to get great viewing if it does rain. Last night was great! Super view, no wait!
I thought you couldn't cancel?

I thought you couldn't cancel?
The cancellation policy is the same as for dining reservations -- 24 hours in advance. This is from the DLR website:
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disney-california-adventure/world-of-color-dessert-party/Cancellation Policy
You must cancel at least 1 day prior to your reservation to avoid a per-person cancellation fee. If you fail to cancel by then or are a no-show, the credit card provided at the time of reservation will be charged $10 per person.

The cancellation policy is the same as for dining reservations -- 24 hours in advance. This is from the DLR website:
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disney-california-adventure/world-of-color-dessert-party/Cancellation Policy
You must cancel at least 1 day prior to your reservation to avoid a per-person cancellation fee. If you fail to cancel by then or are a no-show, the credit card provided at the time of reservation will be charged $10 per person.
Oh, thanks! I think we may cancel this.

We just got back from very short notice trip. I booked 2 weeks before we went.

When I first booked, I could get any WOC dessert party except the one I wanted, the 9pm Thanksgiving show. Since we are on east coast time and knew the 10pm show would be too late, I booked the Friday 9pm show instead. However, I would periodically log on and check to see if Thursday's 9pm slot would open. After a few days of looking, it did so I canceled Friday and booked Thursday. No issues at all . . . until we get about 5 days out and I see the weather looks horrible. I kept close watch and saw that WOC dessert party still had openings for all days/times and that I could move it if needed. We got 2 days out and Accuweather had Thursday being the worst day for the rain, so I canceled the dessert party. No way would I want to pay that price to be in the rain. Of course, I wasn't the only one doing this so now the Friday show 9pm was unavailable, so I booked the 10pm and again kept watch. Low and behold 3 hours later, the 9pm opened and I booked it and canceled the 10pm show.

Whew! Lots of charges/credits on my credit card, but I was refunded fairly quickly and all was good. Thank goodness I canceled the Thanksgiving day slot, I would've been miserable in the rain. Friday's show was cold, but dry. Worth all the rearranging!! :)

@Laur0406, book the one you want right away. Sure you could likely get it later, but it isn't worth the risk since you can easy cancel if you need to.

@DizMe, it is not covered. Keep a close watch on the forecast. You don't want to be stuck trying to eat in the rain. Yuck! Check Accuweather's hourly forecast as you get closer. If a different day has a better forecast, try to switch.

Well, I hope I am not the one trying out the dessert party in the rain... :scared:
there are showers forecasted for tomorrow afternoon... I hope they won’t be to bad and more like the „showers“ from Saturday (only a couple of drops...) than those from Friday morning...
Though the big question is how do I keep the desserts dry...:umbrella:

If you have to cancel at least one day out you get your money back? This is our first time trying the desert party.

If you have to cancel at least one day out you get your money back? This is our first time trying the desert party.
See post #3130 below.

Whew! Lots of charges/credits on my credit card, but I was refunded fairly quickly and all was good. Thank goodness I canceled the Thanksgiving day slot, I would've been miserable in the rain. Friday's show was cold, but dry. Worth all the rearranging!! :)...

Well, I hope I am not the one trying out the dessert party in the rain... :scared:
there are showers forecasted for tomorrow afternoon... I hope they won’t be to bad and more like the „showers“ from Saturday (only a couple of drops...) than those from Friday morning...
Though the big question is how do I keep the desserts dry...:umbrella:
Ask for a to-go box right away when your desserts arrive so that you can cover them up if it starts to rain. If it is sprinkling/raining when you are seated, ask for the to-go box immediately so you can have it ready. And bring a shopping bag (one of the clear ones that you can get free at any shop) to make carrying your box easier. Enjoy the show!

Ask for a to-go box right away when your desserts arrive so that you can cover them up if it starts to rain. If it is sprinkling/raining when you are seated, ask for the to-go box immediately so you can have it ready. And bring a shopping bag (one of the clear ones that you can get free at any shop) to make carrying your box easier. Enjoy the show!
That’s a great idea to ask for a to-go box right away... :thanks:

Edit: you don’t have to ask for a go-to box... if it rains the desserts will be served in a plastic box.

Last edited:
Has any one been to the WOC Dessert Party since they have re-vamped the table layout?
I have a reservation in a week and wondered if there is a preferred table location for the show.

When I went a year or so ago, "table 6" had a central view.

With the new table layout I was hoping to get an idea of what to ask for as they take us into be seated.

Thanks

Geemo

We weren't that close to the front of the crowd waiting to be seated and flat out just said can we have whatever is closest to the center and we were pretty much dead center. You would think they would seat people in the center first but it really seemed like unless you requested it they weren't.

I did end up canceling my Dessert Party res for Wed Dec 3, and I'm SO glad I did! It poured buckets. We went to Napa Rose lounge instead and had a drink, dessert and coffee by the Christmas tree with the fireplace nearby :lovestruc. So I've still never seen WOC but I did have a great time with my sister on our annual Christmas getaway! If you've never had it, the World's Best Hot Chocolate at NR is heavenly.

Finally decided we are for sure going to the parks this weekend (for my birthday). I absolutely love WoC Seasons of Light and can't wait to see it again but I'm trying to decide if its worth doing the Dessert Party or not. Looks like our party of 5 can still get the dessert party for the second show on Saturday but not the first. I'm just wondering if this is really "worth it" for the second show or if it's pretty easy to get a decent spot if we just plan on second show. Although I do enjoy the seat and dessert party experience, I'd hate to spend all that money only to find that we would have been just fine without it. I haven't done "regular" WoC viewing in FOREVER- always dining package or dessert party- and never for second show so I'm not sure what to expect. How have crowds been lately for the second show?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!