World of colour or fantasmic dining package?

qwerty2k

Mouseketeer
Me and my wife are coming to Disneyland for 2 full days and 2 half days in August. We have been once before (one day in each park) and saw world of colour but fantasmic was down when we came (though we have seen it in wdw).

We are Trying to pick between either world of colour dining package at carthay circle, dessert party (think we are less interested in that unless you all say it’s well worth it) or the fantastic package at blue bayou.

So which do you think is worth it more? (are either worth it considering you can get fast passes for both shows?)

Thanks

Last edited:
My opinion: world of colour. But then again , any show I feel is just magical . And I love fantasmic ❤...sorry I bet this is no help. But yes world of colour.

WOC by a long shot. You get a lovely seat, cheese plate and desserts. Fantasmic isn't as good of a show (to me) and I'm fine just watching it from any vantage point. I love the way they do it at WDW in a huge amphitheater with plenty of seating and you can go in last minute and still find a seat. They Disneyland seating is ridiculous. Wait--what seating?

Since you haven’t seen Fantasmic, I vote for that. Definitely get a dining package! Very worth it for a seat on the ground instead of crammed in with the masses standing. If you were interested in eating at Blue Bayou anyway, do that one, otherwise, the Hungry Bear to go package is a good value and the view is practically the same!

If you have never seen Fantasmic I would do a dining packing to see it. We have done the Blue Bayou which is pricey but if it is somewhere you would like to eat at anyways it isn't much more. We have also done the package for River belle and while it was nice to be sitting in a chair the view wasn't as nice and the food wasn't as good as Blue Bayou.

We have done the WOC Dessert package a couple of times and being able to just sit and enjoy the show is worth the extra money for me. I actually just booked it again for our August trip to surprise my daughter she has never seen it..

I LOVE WOC, but if you haven't seen F! I would try to see that. The show here is a lot different from the one in WDW, and it gets pretty crowded. I did the F! dining package once and it was so nice having space to watch the show and not have to get there super early for a good spot. I had the Hungry Bear package and the seating area was next to the Blue Bayou seating area, right by the water, almost center stage.

HTH Have fun,
Kriss :tink:

PS:
I watched WOC without a FP and was able to get a pretty decent spot in the standby area.

Last edited:
Agree with some of the above posters that if you haven’t seen F! I would go for a dining package. I’ve done Blue Bayou and Hungry Bear and they’re both good- just depends on your budget and preferences. If you do do WOC, though, reconsider the dessert party. It’s really worth it, for the seats and the lack of a 90 minute wait, and not being in the standing sardine crush, where if you have somebody in front of you who’s taller or has a kid on their shoulders, you’re out of luck.

Last edited:

I also think that if you haven't seen F! at DLR, I would go with the dining package for that show. I much prefer the show at DL compared to the one at DHS (although DHS does have a better viewing area with real stadium-style seats).

If you're going to do a package for WoC, I would also look into the dessert party. I haven't done that one, but I have done the dining package. As others mentioned, it does help, but it's still kind of luck of the draw whether you get a spot where you can see everything versus one where your view is obstructed by someone taller than you. You still need to get to the viewing area as soon as it opens if you want a good spot.

LOVE the dessert party for WoC. We are doing it again tomorrow night.

That said, F! is my favorite show. It debuted when I was a local teen and I've loved it ever since so there is a nostalgia piece for me. I have not seen the WDW version but general consensus is that "ours" is much better (though I wish the pirate ship battle scene was still Peter Pan and not POTC). At this point, I really feel like you do need to do a dining package for F! to have decent viewing. I've tried them all and we do the BB F! dining package if we want to eat at BB anyway but otherwise we do the Hungry Bear option.

Sooo.... my vote is option c. Do Hungry Bear for F! and dessert party for WoC ;)

ETA: I agree with some sentiments above that dining packages are less advantageous for WoC than they are for F! I haven't done Carthay but I have done WCT several times as well as regular fastpass. You do still have to get there fairly early to get a good spot even in the dining package sections. And you're still standing and squished together like sardines.

Wow thank you all for the feedback. You’re really making me want to save extra hard and do the blue bayou dining package and the world of colour dessert party now lol.
If you can swing both packages in your budget, I don't think you'll be sorry! That said, I agree that the F! package has the most advantage (BB is our favorite, but all the F! dining packages that are seated up by the water have very good viewing) -- good-to-great viewing with the least amount of wait time, all ground seating (BB has a souvenir cushion to sit on) so no one stands in front of you and no one puts kids on shoulders in front of you. DL's F! is almost unanimously voted the better show over WDW's -- nothing like sitting right up by the water's edge and having the pirates swing out over your head! The finale with the Mark Twain makes me teary every time.
For WOC, we've done all the packages and the free FPs and had good-to-great viewing with all options. It all comes down to how much time/money you are willing to invest for your view. Most time/no money = free FPs -- 90+ minutes and some basic research on this board will almost guarantee you a very good/great view of the show. $$$/least wait time = WOC Dessert Party -- seated viewing (a chair!), only two rows -- so you can see from just about any seat (the view is more big picture, not as immersive as being up front -- but it's a very good view). CCR & WCT dining package views fall in between -- not as expensive as the Dessert Party (at least you're getting a full meal for your money), but with more wait time than the Dessert Party/but less wait time than a free FP. Which one works best for you depends on your priorities and what you are willing to invest for your view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter