World Showcase Regular vs Evening EMH?

AlternateID

Earning My Ears
We are going thanksgiving week and are having to rearrange our evenings in order to catch the Epcot Festival of Holidays. We'd like to see Illuminations with the holiday tag, eat at the Festival Kitchens and hopefully catch a few storytellers.

Right now I am looking at Epcot the morning of Saturday 11/17 and then going to HS to see JBJB at 8:30 and then going to HS Monday 11/19 during the day and Epcot that evening for Festival of Holidays. This would have in us yellow or green parks the entire time. However due to our SDD FP the earliest we can get to Epcot on 11/19 would be 5 pm which means we'd have a hard time catching the story tellers. With this plan we could take the boats or walk between parks, seems to be the easiest transportation wise.

The other option would be to go to Epcot the evening of 11/20 which is an evening EMH at Epcot. That's our AK day and we could get to Epcot around 3:30-4 pm. But this is a red park day, I'm assuming for the evening EMH. We'd plan to do all of our holiday stuff before 9 since I know that all closes at 9 and then try and get on a couple of rides during EMH. This plan gives us more time in Epcot, but has me worried about crowds.

How much does red vs green park day matter if our plan is primarily to explore world showcase? WWYD?

I don’t think red vs yellow makes that much difference. The crowd calendars are not always that accurate. I think Epcot will be less busy than going during the weekend. I would do what works with your plans best.

I was wondering if the holiday kitchen remain open beyond normal park hours on a night with EMH... Can we enjoy the Holiday Kitchens from say 9pm-midnight when their are EMH at epcot?

I was wondering if the holiday kitchen remain open beyond normal park hours on a night with EMH... Can we enjoy the Holiday Kitchens from say 9pm-midnight when their are EMH at epcot?

Last year they closed before regular park closing, not sure if it's the same this year.

I honestly never pay attention to the crowd calendars, but the only real crowded area will be around the American pavilion during the Candlelight Processional.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter