World to land help

golfer1903

Earning My Ears
Hello. First trip to land
Annual pass holder for world but now nothing about land

1 Pixar palace hotel. Are the beds soft or firm
I need softer side like deluxe at world contempary hotel kinda fee

2. Do I need to leave Disney property to get to the patks

3 is it worth it vs off property location on harbor ?
Price wise big difference. But not sure 🤔 n bed qualities there either or the vagrants issue I keep hearing about

4. Where does the tram go to and from

5.mid July. What are usual park hours then on Fri and sat visit and crowds in past

6. Is there a difference in bed softness at Pixar vs Disneyland hotel. Or walk to parks difference
Night time noise ? Room sound proofing

If you stay off site and walk. Advice where
Thanks

Hello and welcome! I hope you will have a very magical stay! You should get lots of great feedback here.

1. I don't know about the beds at Pixar Place because they're brand new. There will be other people who have stayed there so I'll let them answer.

2. If you stay at a Disneyland Resort hotel (Pixar, (PPH), Grand Californian (GCH), or Disneyland Hotel (DLH), then no, you don't have to leave the resort property. You can take the monorail into DL or walk into either park. The monorail is in Downtown Disney, between the DLH and GCH. There is a newish gate into California Adventure park (DCA) that is right across from Pixar hotel. You can also go through GCH, though I think it may be limited to the DTD entrance.

3. Worth is too subjective. To many people, yes, it's worth it (I'm one of those). To many others, no, it's not. You will see vagrants and "the real world" if you stay outside the resort, but it's generally not a big deal. It does take you out of the feeling of being in the bubble and to some people, that alone makes it worth the extra money to stay on site. There are plenty of good motels and some hotels that are easy walking distance off site. But you also won't have resort amenities anywhere near what you'll find on site. That may not be a big deal if you're planning on spending all your time in the parks.

4. The tram goes to and from the parking structure. You won't be using that unless you're driving to the resort and parking in the structure.

5. Mid July these days is pretty decent crowd-wise, though weekends may be crowded. I often go in July because lots of passes are blocked and people tend to think it's too hot. I almost always go in July and to me it's fine! It's also Disneyland's birthday month (July 17th).

6. I don't know anything about Pixar now since they just redid it. PPH is closer to the front entrance and to DCA than Disneyland Hotel and the remodel is supposed to be beautiful. But DLH has much better grounds, pool, and history.

7. I'll let others fill you in on off-site favorites. It depends on the size of your party, whether or not breakfast included is an important feature, whether you will be parking a car, how far you're comfortable walking, etc.

I will say that I've stayed in almost all of the off-site hotels/motels and prefer the ones closest to the crosswalk (across from where you enter the resort). Candy Cane Inn is a favorite that is a little farther away, but still walkable and also has a free dedicated shuttle. They recently redid the entire motel and they have a nice expanded continental breakfast. But I still prefer to stay right across the street if I'm going with a motel.

Another consideration is to stay farther away in a hotel that has a shuttle. For instance, you could stay at Knott's Berry Farm hotel for a lot less than in a Disney property. It's very nice and they have a free shuttle to Disneyland. Knott's tickets are very reasonable so you could get to see both DL and Knott's and spend less on the hotel.

There is a hotel that is just a little too far to walk called the Anaheim Majestic (it used to be a Sheraton). Their prices aren't bad, they have a full-service hotel and a shuttle to DLR. However, it's pretty tired looking and nothing fancy.

Hope you have a wonderful trip!

Hello. First trip to land
Annual pass holder for world but now nothing about land

1 Pixar palace hotel. Are the beds soft or firm
I need softer side like deluxe at world contempary hotel kinda fee

2. Do I need to leave Disney property to get to the patks

3 is it worth it vs off property location on harbor ?
Price wise big difference. But not sure 🤔 n bed qualities there either or the vagrants issue I keep hearing about

4. Where does the tram go to and from

5.mid July. What are usual park hours then on Fri and sat visit and crowds in past

6. Is there a difference in bed softness at Pixar vs Disneyland hotel. Or walk to parks difference
Night time noise ? Room sound proofing

If you stay off site and walk. Advice where
Thanks
1. Since they just redid the hotel, I imagine the mattresses are all new. There's a Pixar Place thread where you could ask specifics about the beds.

2. If you stay in a resort hotel you'll be in the bubble and won't need to leave. You would enter both parks via DTD. GCH has an entrance straight into DCA, Pixar Place has a new entrance across the street from the hotel that enters DCA.

3.I would not stay on Harbor for a first visit, and if you're used to being on-property at WDW. The homeless issues, guys yelling at people with megaphones and loud street traffic at night can make it very unpleasant.

4. To and from the parking structure.

6. I haven't stayed at PP, but the Disneryland Hotel is the only hotel I sleep as well as if I was at home. Very comfortable beds and I never hear noise from the rooms next to me.

PP is a longer walk to DIsneyland by maybe 10 minutes, but closer to DCA because of the new entrance. You can take the Monorail to Disneyland from just outside DLH. The stop in the park is Tomorrowland.

7. My favorite offsite hotel is Best Western Anaheim Plus Inn. Comfortable rooms, hot breakfast, nice staff. It's about a 2 minute walk to the Disneyland entrance on Harbor. From there you walk to security, and then to the esplanade which is where the entrance to both parks are.
You will encounter homeless people on the sidewalks, but that's true of all the Harbor hotels.

I agree with DizMe about Candy Cane. Very nice property and they have a shuttle if you don't want to walk. We stayed in their premium room which is bigger and has a late checkout, plus tey deliver breakfast to your room.

Have a great trip!

Hello and welcome! I hope you will have a very magical stay! You should get lots of great feedback here.

1. I don't know about the beds at Pixar Place because they're brand new. There will be other people who have stayed there so I'll let them answer.

2. If you stay at a Disneyland Resort hotel (Pixar, (PPH), Grand Californian (GCH), or Disneyland Hotel (DLH), then no, you don't have to leave the resort property. You can take the monorail into DL or walk into either park. The monorail is in Downtown Disney, between the DLH and GCH. There is a newish gate into California Adventure park (DCA) that is right across from Pixar hotel. You can also go through GCH, though I think it may be limited to the DTD entrance.

3. Worth is too subjective. To many people, yes, it's worth it (I'm one of those). To many others, no, it's not. You will see vagrants and "the real world" if you stay outside the resort, but it's generally not a big deal. It does take you out of the feeling of being in the bubble and to some people, that alone makes it worth the extra money to stay on site. There are plenty of good motels and some hotels that are easy walking distance off site. But you also won't have resort amenities anywhere near what you'll find on site. That may not be a big deal if you're planning on spending all your time in the parks.

4. The tram goes to and from the parking structure. You won't be using that unless you're driving to the resort and parking in the structure.

5. Mid July these days is pretty decent crowd-wise, though weekends may be crowded. I often go in July because lots of passes are blocked and people tend to think it's too hot. I almost always go in July and to me it's fine! It's also Disneyland's birthday month (July 17th).

6. I don't know anything about Pixar now since they just redid it. PPH is closer to the front entrance and to DCA than Disneyland Hotel and the remodel is supposed to be beautiful. But DLH has much better grounds, pool, and history.

7. I'll let others fill you in on off-site favorites. It depends on the size of your party, whether or not breakfast included is an important feature, whether you will be parking a car, how far you're comfortable walking, etc.

I will say that I've stayed in almost all of the off-site hotels/motels and prefer the ones closest to the crosswalk (across from where you enter the resort). Candy Cane Inn is a favorite that is a little farther away, but still walkable and also has a free dedicated shuttle. They recently redid the entire motel and they have a nice expanded continental breakfast. But I still prefer to stay right across the street if I'm going with a motel.

Another consideration is to stay farther away in a hotel that has a shuttle. For instance, you could stay at Knott's Berry Farm hotel for a lot less than in a Disney property. It's very nice and they have a free shuttle to Disneyland. Knott's tickets are very reasonable so you could get to see both DL and Knott's and spend less on the hotel.

There is a hotel that is just a little too far to walk called the Anaheim Majestic (it used to be a Sheraton). Their prices aren't bad, they have a full-service hotel and a shuttle to DLR. However, it's pretty tired looking and nothing fancy.

Hope you have a wonderful trip!
I was looking at courtyard on harbor just because of the reviews about soft beds. Have you stayed there? Thanks again

I was looking at courtyard on harbor just because of the reviews about soft beds. Have you stayed there? Thanks again
No, I haven't, but I've heard great things about it. It's generally significantly more money than the motels around it but has some wonderful features (good suites, nice amenities) and is a full service hotel. However, if I'm paying that much, I'll just stay on site since I don't need a suite.

I always stay on property when I go to WDW, but have never stayed on property when going to Disneyland. The price point of the Disney owned hotels at Disneyland is just to high. I can stay at the Best Westerns on Harbor for a lot less money and be closer to the turnstiles than many of the Disney owned hotel rooms. At the Best Western's breakfast is included too, it isn't the best breakfast but it is sufficient. I have also stayed at the Tropicana, Howard Johnson, and Candy Cane on Harbor and had a good experience. I also have stayed at the Best Western Stovall's on Katella, that is good if you really want to save money but it is a longer walk. Also I have traveled at different times with just my husband, with my sister & young niece, and many times as a solo woman and I have never been bothered by any of the homeless or salespeople on Harbor. Staying off property has allowed me to go more often because the price difference is significant. Would I like to stay at the Disney owned hotels....of course but I'd also like to save money and still have a good trip. I go to the lounges (like Trader Sam's and the one's at the Grand) all the time, then I can pretend I'm staying there! :-)

I’ve stayed on site at dlh once in over 20 visits. It was not “worth it” to me, at all. I don’t recall megaphone guy from last year so it wasn’t memorable enough for me to care. I have seen some homeless sleeping under a bus bench a few times. If you stay at courtyard you won’t even be walking in front of the bus bench, it’s across the street. The other bus bench we’ve seen homeless sleeping at is further down harbor toward Katella.

Courtyard is a solid choice but they’re starting some type of remodel. Also look at holiday inn express, it’s really new and a minute or two longer walk than courtyard. Still under 10 min walk.

I was there this past week, 3/19 and 3/20 and did not see megaphone guy or any vendors in the AM. We were at rope drop both days. It was a pleasant surprise. ☺️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter