World Vacation Club

spm23

Mouseketeer
Just come back from Disney, left a deposit for DVC membership and still not totally sure before commiting to final payment. Signed up for Saratoga Springs.

Does anyone know what the European places are like and are there any cons, like no 1 bed places, no use in Summer etc.

I think I will get use enough from Disney etc but just wanted more info.

Exchange rate has gone against me, anyone any good ideas on getting the best exchange rate for the transfer.

Also, has anyone sold points - does it work o.k and does it cover your annual dues if the worst case scenario of job loss etc happens?

Finally, whats the rate the annual dues have gone up by over the last 5-10 years on average.

Many Thanks for anyone who can help.

I haven't used any of the European ones but I did tour one of the Portugese one's before I joined DVC and it certainly looked very nice. Again not using DVC points but I've had friends stay at some of the Spanish ones and were happy with the standard of the resorts. I can't comment on the availability or ease of using this service.

Are you planning to make a one off "cash" payment for the DVC? If so check with your bank for a "corporate rate". Most banks will give you a better exchange rate on amounts above £10,000 ( some on amounts over $10,000).

I've rented points out to friends, mostly to give them the chance to look over the DVC resorts and think about whether it's a program that works for them. Dealing with people you know does take a lot of the worry about people dropping out. IF I were to enter into an agreement with someone I didn't know I'd try to stick to renting outy to a Brit, ask for a photocopy of their flight details and ask for payment about 4-6 weeks before departure. While it's possible to put the points into a holding account if you cancel a short time out it is an inconvenience and while I'd return some/all of what they'd paid I'd want to know they money was in my possession and cleared a few weeks before they flew.

The dues have been fairly steady, it does depend a little on the resort but I think the rise for dues have averaged about 3% per annum over the 10 years I have been a member.

Because you are charged double points for exchanges in Europe through interval international it can be a waste of points. however believe me all the properties are out of this world and at the highest quality level.
Check out the direct cost from the property to rent before using points

Thanks, when we were given the blurb though they said that a week in anyone of the other hotels was just 160 points. Is that not necessarily true then?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter