worried about Beach Club

ga9497

DIS Veteran
We have a reservation at the Beach Club concierge for the end of August. Since it's going to be refurbished soon, I am worried about the condition of the rooms.

We didn't care if we stayed at the Beach or Yacht club when we first made our reservation but the Beach Club had a discount available for concierge and the Yacht club didn't at that time.

Should I keep the BC reservation?

Thanks for any input.

I haven't been there myself but I read another post of someone who'd recently stayed BC concierge and they said the room condition was fine, just the hallway needed a facelift. Hope that helps. I think I read it on the last page of the Y&BC FAQ.

We were at the BC in June, and given the choice I would stay at the YC. We have stayed at both resorts many times, but the YC seems to be in better condition at this time.

is our favorite resort. Yes, it could use a facelift...but we've stayed I'd say 3 times in the last 2 years and the rooms were not that bad IMHO. The resort is gorgeous and I'm sure I don't have to sell you on the Epcot Resort area or Stormalong Bay (I think this is my favorite thing about YC/BC).

I think you'll only notice the rooms and hallways in need of a minor facelift. At least that's my feeling.

PamNC

My daughter and new SIL..just spent 12 days at the Beach Club starting May 5th..It was for their Honeymoon...Oh they just Loved it. They were in a standard room lowest level so they had a little cement patio. But they said everything was Great..And their fussy..So which ever way you go, you will be Pleased..
Chatty

We just returned from the BC Concierge last week. The lounge is is good shape and our room did not show any signs of wear and tear except for a broken bathroom light. But the location of our room was terrible. 5699 is water view (more or less) BUT it is right next to the service elevator room. The elevators ran up and down ALL NIGHT and were very noisy. We ended up leaving the TV on all night to drown out the elevator noise and the noise of carts crashing into the wall as they were taken out of the elevators. The hotel wasn't very interested in our complaint about the noise.

Originally posted by PamNC
is our favorite resort. Yes, it could use a facelift...but we've stayed I'd say 3 times in the last 2 years and the rooms were not that bad IMHO. The resort is gorgeous and I'm sure I don't have to sell you on the Epcot Resort area or Stormalong Bay (I think this is my favorite thing about YC/BC).

I think you'll only notice the rooms and hallways in need of a minor facelift. At least that's my feeling.

PamNC

Pam what exactly do you mean by "not that bad"
Now I am getting worried, Maybe I should switch to the YC as their concierge level is all finished with the rehab.

Thanks everyone

When are renovations scheduled? We have stayed at YC in the past, but were really hoping to try BC in February.

We've had some bad experience with hotels in renovation in the past and would not want to stay there and chance spending our week smelling paint fumes or enduring construction noise and mess!!

The renevations at the BC are to start in October and should be finished beginning of January.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter