worried about the rain - I know - but please help

We arrived 3 days before Irma hit last year knowing we were in for a ton of wet weather but it turned out that it only rained Sunday when Irma hit and a little Monday. We didn't let the storm ruin our trip. In fact, we had the best trip ever due to the great resort time at the Contemporary. But one app I use all the time is called RainAware. It's a live rain app that goes by longitude and latitude. I use it when rain is approaching when I'm doing yard work and it will tell you when the rain will hit right where you are within seconds. It has never been wrong. I can't count the times I scramble to get things put up to beat the rain. It worked for us at Disney also when it rained again a few days after the storm hit. We were in Frontier Land and I looked at it and told my wife "Let's get to Aloha Island for a Dole Whip and to get out of the rain. She stated "But it's not raining" and I told her it will. Sure enough, just as we got there I placed my order and boom! Huge downpour for about 30 minutes. We were dry and my belly was happy :)

Edit: And fyi, I'm in GA near Athens. It has rained here every day for the last 2 weeks. I'm seriously over it.

Well, we decided to go and are leaving for the airport in an hour. I'll try to check in here just to help others who may be planning more into the week which is also looking rainy. It is very early Friday morning. I started watching Orlandos local weather forecast on Tuesday. On Tuesday they were saying rain from Friday straight through Monday. On Wednesday the reports I saw said Saturday would be the rainiest ( I know because that is our Flower and Garden day at Epcot). Starting yesterday afternoon they began reporting that Friday would be just cloudy and the usual sporadic shower, and now they are saying Saturday will be similar. Sunday and Monday are supposed to still be very rainy. I will try to keep you posted :)

Saturday - Monday appear to be complete wash outs. This is lining up to be heavy downpours with high winds, so I'm not sure it's our typical central Florida storms.

Saturday - Monday appear to be complete wash outs. This is lining up to be heavy downpours with high winds, so I'm not sure it's our typical central Florida storms.
Maybe. Maybe not. Still can do any number of things but only 1 model shows it impacting Central FL. So not sure who's forecasts you are following, maybe they are reading the one model that is tracking different from every other model. The consensus I've read say it's going to be problem for the central Gulf coast area, with a bit of a rain hit to S FL first. For the most part, Central FL is passed by, with maybe some random rains Sun and Mon... almost normal pattern. Sun... Rain... Sun... Rain. No one I've seen has called for winds in Central FL at all.

Still checking NOAA total rain fall predictions and right now they have 3" for the 5-7 day total for Central FL, 5+" for S. FL and Upper Gulf
http://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/qpf/day1-7.shtml

So far so good for weather. Fantastic day at AK in the morning and EP in the afternoon for F&G. Very light shower today. Not poncho worthy. Still optimistic for tomorrow. I know clouds are forecasted but only 40% chance of rain which went down from 90%. The sun not beating on us is actually a plus.

So far so good for weather. Fantastic day at AK in the morning and EP in the afternoon for F&G. Very light shower today. Not poncho worthy. Still optimistic for tomorrow. I know clouds are forecasted but only 40% chance of rain which went down from 90%. The sun not beating on us is actually a plus.
Yup. We were at DS from noon to 3pm. There were 2 brief showers. Clouds and sun now. I packed the ponchos for HS just in case but today has been lovely.

I hope ya'll have a blast. I started this thread and I chickened out and stayed home. Hoping everyone has a great time and I hope the weather is as decent as it can be for you guys. :-) Stay safe.

Yup. We were at DS from noon to 3pm. There were 2 brief showers. Clouds and sun now. I packed the ponchos for HS just in case but today has been lovely.

And it looks like even less a chance for tomorrow now. Sunday looks like the roughest day but I’ll still take it. Enjoy the rest of your vacation!!

I hope ya'll have a blast. I started this thread and I chickened out and stayed home. Hoping everyone has a great time and I hope the weather is as decent as it can be for you guys. :-) Stay safe.
We re-booked for early June. At least we still have it to look forward to!

Posting here on Monday morning. There have been a few brief showers yesterday and Saturday. We were lucky enough to not even encounter those as we were in Chefs de France and Crystal Palace and they were very short. No downpours at all, even enjoyed a little bit of sun
It is sun and clouds and a light breeze now. We really enjoyed the weather it was delightfully cool at some points and are so glad we didn't end up cancelling!

Been barely any rain at all since we got here at 10:30 Saturday morning. We got in from time Saturday afternoon and had no need for rain gear that night. Ended up seeing full moon and stars at the Star Wars event last night. There were a few drizzles and brief showers yesterday but not a problem at all. We hardly put on rain costs. Today is more cloudy than normal, maybe but no rain yet. We'll see later. Still some sun.

Sure has not been a wash out. The storm was hard to predict and they got it wrong for this part of Central FL for certain

Hi there - I checked in to see how you guys came out over the weekend - so happy to hear it wasn't a total wash-out for you. I probably should have come, but... poo. Oh well, I'll go as soon as possible. Happy to hear some fun was had by all that didn't cancel. !!!

Hi everyone! We got back last night. What a fantastic trip! We were there from Thursday night to Monday morning. We didn’t experience any rain other than a brief light sprinkle. Cloudy but hot on Saturday and Sunday. Probably one of the better weather trips because of not having the sun beating down on you.

Perfect weather and crowds all weekend!

Sunday at Magic Kingdom we rope dropped at 8am and got on 10 rides before our 10am breakfast and by the end of the day we rode nearly 40 rides. Longest wait was standby for Buzz at 20 minutes.

Saturday we had no issues park hopping with Epcot, Magic and Animal and got the majority of the fast passes we wanted outside of Pandora.

Perfect weather and crowds all weekend!

Sunday at Magic Kingdom we rope dropped at 8am and got on 10 rides before our 10am breakfast and by the end of the day we rode nearly 40 rides. Longest wait was standby for Buzz at 20 minutes.

Saturday we had no issues park hopping with Epcot, Magic and Animal and got the majority of the fast passes we wanted outside of Pandora.
That’s a LOT of rides!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter