WORST DISNEY DINING EXPERIENCE

Also had a rude waiter at Brown Derby. My DD ordered the “pork three ways”, and one “way” was completely inedible. It was so over cooked it could be a hockey puck. (The rest of the meal was great). I decided to let the waiter know, since it was so bad. She had well more then enough food, and we didn’t need a replacement (park 2 ways was more then enough), but that it was severely over cooked.

The waiter let me know that the pork was “Sous Vide, and clearly I don’t know what that is, but that it means it is impossible to be overcooked”

I had a few choice words for him. One of which is that I actually have a Sous Vide, and he is full of ****.

Wait times 90 minutes past reservation
I can confidently say this would never happen to us. Why? Because we would never wait that long. If we weren't seated within 20 or so minutes we would leave and go elsewhere. The only possible exception might be if the manager came over and offered to comp our meal to apologize for the delay.

I can confidently say this would never happen to us. Why? Because we would never wait that long. If we weren't seated within 20 or so minutes we would leave and go elsewhere. The only possible exception might be if the manager came over and offered to comp our meal to apologize for the delay.

Agreed! No way I would wait 90 minutes. That is unacceptable.

The food court at All Stars Movies. Waited over 30 minutes to get a hot dog. By the I got my hot dog and sat down to eat, the rest of my family had already eaten their pizza slices and were ready to go to the parks. In their defense, it was extremely busy and they were doing what they could to catch up, but it ALWAYS seemed busy there. It really made me not want to stay there again.....

We weren't super excited about Tusker House dinner last week. Food was ok (1-2 really great items), but the overall atmosphere & character interaction felt overcrowded, rushed, & impersonal.

I had a terrible experience at Yatchsman Steakhouse.
I was with my family who all adore steak so they wanted to splash out, but I really don’t like it so I ordered the lamb. The server was very rude about me not ordering steak and actually asked me why I was there if I didn’t like steak (!!). When it eventually came the lamb was basically all bone and what little meat there was was incinerated. I sent it back as it was inedible, and both my parents had to send their steaks back twice.

I wouldn’t have been so bothered by it but I was under the impression that the restaurant was supposed to by a signature dining experience so we expected much better, and my parents were very disappointed as they had been looking forward to it for months. Definitely won’t go back.

I had a terrible experience at Yatchsman Steakhouse.
I was with my family who all adore steak so they wanted to splash out, but I really don’t like it so I ordered the lamb. The server was very rude about me not ordering steak and actually asked me why I was there if I didn’t like steak (!!). When it eventually came the lamb was basically all bone and what little meat there was was incinerated. I sent it back as it was inedible, and both my parents had to send their steaks back twice.

I wouldn’t have been so bothered by it but I was under the impression that the restaurant was supposed to by a signature dining experience so we expected much better, and my parents were very disappointed as they had been looking forward to it for months. Definitely won’t go back.
That's awful. My husband is allergic to beef, so we wouldn't be eating steak there either!

2008 on our honeymoon we had reservations for San Angel Inn, waited 40 min past our reservation time when he went to speak to the hostess about our wait and pointed out that there were a few tables open, she said those tables are for partys of 4! Well it really got ugly at that point and they ended up seating us by the water but by then it was too little too late and we really didn't even want to be there anymore

2010 DH and I decided at the last min while we were at WDW that we wanted to try the sushi at CG, by some miracle we were able to get a reservation. When we told the waiter we just wanted two different sushi, 2 cocktails and two desserts he rolled his eyes and left.
Came back and brought a bowl of goldfish saying "you probably need this" it wasn't what he said so much as how he said it.. Between the two sushi, two cocktails and two desserts and tip it was still over $100 so I don't know what his problem was..

waited 40 min past our reservation time

There have been many comments like this. I'm really curious, do you wait that long when you have reservations at home? Is it just because it's Disney that you're willing to wait that long?

During these long waits, does the manager come over and apologize, buy you drinks, or comp part of your bill?

The only time I can ever remember waiting for an extended period past our reservation time was at one of the top restaurants in Philadelphia (top 10 in the country actually). They had 2 seatings for dinner and we had a reservation for the 2nd seating. Apparently, the people at our table from the 1st seating just weren't leaving. The manager came over to us at least once to apologize for the delay. Then he came over and told us to go downstairs to the bar and he would comp our drinks. Once we were finally seated, he came over again to apologize and comped our appetizers. Keep in mind this was a place where dinner was $125/person prix fixe and this happened 15-20 years ago.

I can't think of anywhere at Disney where I would be willing to wait 40 or 60 or 90 minutes past my reservation time unless that meal was going to be free or close to it once we finally got seated. I'm just not that patient. If you aren't going to respect my reservation, I'm happy to go elsewhere.

Tutto Italia at Epcot. We enjoy Italian food and it wasn't bad. It was very rushed, we ordered & I got up to quickly go to wash my hands. I got back & our entrees were at the table. They were not as good as our local Carrabbas plus a bit more expensive. DH enjoyed his pasta at WPE much more. Thankfully it was the 1 trip we got free DDP .

Citricos has been one of our favorite restaurants. But our last meal there this month was horrible.

We were promptly seated. The waiter totally tried to rush us to order our meal at the same time I ordered a drink. I had looked at the menu online ahead of time, but what I’d decided on was not on the menu that night so I had to start from scratch.

Being rushed I ordered the chicken which turned out to be the worst thing I’ve ever been served at Disney. It had a nice long description of what it was cooked with. In reality there were some vegetables with a big piece of overcooked and totally unseasoned chicken breast on top. Zero flavor.

I felt like they probably had a pot of the vegetables with a stack of precooked chicken breasts so they could slap the plate together and send it out to me 5 minutes later.

We were out of there in 45 minutes and spent a ridiculous amount of money on bad food. The hassle of having to take a bus and transfer to the monorail was not worth it.

I’ve had some excellent dining experiences there in the past. But this will be off our list for the time being.

Wait times 90 minutes past reservation

You must have been thinking "this scampi happening?!?"

rude/ disinterested servers

Very orcaward to deal with people like that.

I've been herring about that for years.

the fish were only swimming for the 'halibut'!

ohhhhhhh I get it. Very clever. You're krilling it!! (And that's of-fish-ally the last think I'll carp on about today. :-))

Also had a rude waiter at Brown Derby. My DD ordered the “pork three ways”, and one “way” was completely inedible. It was so over cooked it could be a hockey puck. (The rest of the meal was great). I decided to let the waiter know, since it was so bad. She had well more then enough food, and we didn’t need a replacement (park 2 ways was more then enough), but that it was severely over cooked.

The waiter let me know that the pork was “Sous Vide, and clearly I don’t know what that is, but that it means it is impossible to be overcooked”

I had a few choice words for him. One of which is that I actually have a Sous Vide, and he is full of ****.
"sous vide" means cooked in liquid. If cooked longer, it makes the pork more tender.

Worst meal for us was BOG in 2016, started off great, my daughter, who is a huge beauty and the beast fan, carried Lumiere to a great table right at the stain glass window. Our view was wonderful. We did not have a great server, steak was horrible and fries very greasy, that being said, we decided to try again his year....but now since changing their menu, not sure we will be back. Unfortunate because we ate breakfast that week also and lunch on the trip before and enjoyed both of those. Just an off night with an off server. He did not speak very good English and was pretty aggressive in his comments. My daughters were looking forward to this meal so much. So it was a huge letdown. We have had other meals that were not top notch, but did not have as high of expectations as BOG. FINAL COMMENT: Even a sub-par meal can work out if your server/CM is considerate and does their best.

Not a horrible dining experience, but irritating none the less. We were eating at CG for my in laws 40th wedding anniversary and had decided to have a special cake made (not cheap). When it’s time, they bring out a birthday cake that says “Happy 40th Ann”. We laughed and explained that it was supposed to be for an anniversary. The waiter took it back to the kitchen and they scraped off the lettering and placed an anniversary placard on top. It looked awful. We really didn’t get an apology or the offer for a refund (and just forget the crappy scraped cake). It was very unmagical.

Worst food was definitely Chef Mickeys though. :sad2:

Our dining experiences during our last trip were generally very good but we both agreed we won't be returning to Be Our Guest or Via Napoli any time soon.

At Be Our Guest for lunch, the person taking our order (we weren't using the touch screens) selected the wrong meal for DH. It was quickly put right, but the message obviously didn't reach the kitchen in time and the server brought the wrong food. Again, this wouldn't have been a problem but the server reacted badly, said we should have waited for her instead of alerting someone to the issue, refused to take the wrong meal away and left it sitting on our table even after the right meal arrived. Our food was good but I don't enjoy a large portion of awkwardness with my meal.

We loved the food at Via Napoli but found the servers on this occasion to be very unfriendly and the atmosphere generally unwelcoming. With so many great options in Epcot we wouldn't rush back after the experience here.

Not a horrible dining experience, but irritating none the less. We were eating at CG for my in laws 40th wedding anniversary and had decided to have a special cake made (not cheap). When it’s time, they bring out a birthday cake that says “Happy 40th Ann”. We laughed and explained that it was supposed to be for an anniversary. The waiter took it back to the kitchen and they scraped off the lettering and placed an anniversary placard on top. It looked awful. We really didn’t get an apology or the offer for a refund (and just forget the crappy scraped cake). It was very unmagical.

Worst food was definitely Chef Mickeys though. :sad2:
See, this is where the "well if you'd been nicer, you probably would've gotten better resolution to your issue" comments irk me. Sounds like you were very understanding (it is pretty funny), but if a guest is very nice about it, theoretically you should've had a much better response than that. (And they may not have had another cake, so had to do their best, but yes, they should totally have comped it or way reduced the cost.) You have to do whatever it takes in a recovery situation until you get satisfied; start nice, get tough if needed. Send Ann my birthday wishes! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter