WORST DISNEY DINING EXPERIENCE

The worst dining experience I had at Disney was at Garden Grill at Epcot. The service was so bad that it took over 2 and a half hours just to finish the meal. By the time we had gotten out of our 6:30 reservation, fireworks were about to start. Our waiter was nice, but kept trying to make awkward conversation with us (which is okay- just awkward). The food wasn't horrible, but I personally wasn't a fan of the family-style service. (Also: if you're a vegetarian there are very few option for you here as well). Our experience was disappointing, mostly because we remember it being much better in years past. :confused3

Can any of you expand on what happened? I haven’t been there, but have it booked for our upcoming trip. The menu looks good...

That was most of the issue... the menu changed and we did not realize it. The server wasn’t good either.... don’t take my experience as a reason to not go.... you might have good luck

I don't really have one overall worst...just a collection of places where the food was so bad that we'd never go back. Chef Mickey's dinner, Tusker House for any meal, San Angel Inn, Coral Reef, and Liberty Tree Tavern are all on that never again list.

The worst dining experience I had at Disney was at Garden Grill at Epcot. The service was so bad that it took over 2 and a half hours just to finish the meal. By the time we had gotten out of our 6:30 reservation, fireworks were about to start. Our waiter was nice, but kept trying to make awkward conversation with us (which is okay- just awkward). The food wasn't horrible, but I personally wasn't a fan of the family-style service. (Also: if you're a vegetarian there are very few option for you here as well). Our experience was disappointing, mostly because we remember it being much better in years past. :confused3

Did you tell the server you were vegetarian? I had an excellent vegetarian meal there in August. I was given a separate platter with a really good veggie loaf, mashed potatoes, stuffing, veggies, Mac and cheese, fries, plus rolls, a customized salad without the stuff I wouldn't eat, and the normal dessert. Personally, I thought there was more to eat as a vegetarian there than some of the buffets we went to.

My first time at this thread and I see that its now 53 pages long. This is the page i started on and I am wondering:
1. Which restaurants lead the pack with them most comments
2. And....I have to assume with 53 that almost every restaurant has been mentioned at least a few times.

1. Which restaurants lead the pack with them most comments
Restaurant I’ve seen mentioned most: Tony’s.
2. And....I have to assume with 53 that almost every restaurant has been mentioned at least a few times.
Nearly every restaurant has been mentioned somewhere throughout this long thread - someone has probably had a bad experience there, whether it’s food, wait time, service, etc.

Some of our favorite restaurants have been mentioned here.

Animal Kingdom had just opened a year or two before. We had early morning ADR's at Donald Resterauntasaurus . Probably not there anymore. It was the first seating that day. Half the food wasn't even out. We were told 4 of the wait staff just didn't show that day. The eggs were rubbery. Most of the food tasted like it was from the day before. The meal was almost over before we got our coffee and juices. We had to ask for the characters to come over and this was just before we left. They barely glanced at my kids. On top of this the place was half empty. Hands down the worst meal we have had at Disney. I have been going since 1976 so this is saying alot.

San Angels Inn (Mexico restaurant in Epcot). Went there last fall. Very dark. couldn't read menu; had to use cell phone for light. Tables so close together, we could touch the guy next to us. Had very good tortilla soup and guacamole in the past. Ordered again, but recipes got changed to be inedible. The rest of the food was also inedible. Wait staff very nice. Never going back.

Nine Dragons: ok food, but waitress came over and told us that we couldn't get free refills for chocolate milk. We didn't ask for refills!

Morimota Asia: excellent food, though expensive. When asking for bill, waitress asked how much tip I was giving her? I was taken aback and said 18%. I would have given 20% if she hadn't asked.

Crystal Palace: experience too terrible to mention.

O'Hana breakfast: food bland. waitress unhappy and stressed looking. extremely crowded. We went there to meet Stitch, Stitch never showed.

Last edited:
Wolfgang Puck. Fat and gristle disguised as steak. Poor service. Will never go back. :(

If it makes anyone feel better, Wolfgang Pucks anything restaurant anywhere is not so good to not at all good. When we travel, we used to keep trying different Puck locations...now, we just avoid them.

Morimota Asia: When asking for bill, waitress asked how much tip I was giving her? I was taken aback and said 18%. I would have given 20% if she hadn't asked.

Wow! In my many years of living, I have never encountered this.... I’m still at awe, and it didn’t happen to me! You going back? Lol...

California Grill was my worst

Went there in the early 2000’s, the view of MK was grand but, the food was dry and overpriced. The worst part was I saw what I assume to be a roach running on the floor

Pains me to say it.. but I will likely never go back to Flying Fish after our experience there on April 29th. The food was actually very good, but the server was so obnoxious and insulting that I was almost in tears by the time we left. It was our first dinner as newlyweds and I felt like we were treated as though we had never been in a remotely fine dining restaurant.

Everything seemed to turn south when we told him we were on the dining plan and his immediate response was, "just to let you know, I do it by the books unlike some servers." This response really confused me and still does to this day. Did he think we were there to cheat the system? Why else would you say this?

We ordered alcoholic drinks and he asked for ID, which was fine and completely expected, but he commented on my DH's ID having a sticky residue and asked him why he had a sticker on it in the past. He has never had a sticker on it... he had a brand new wallet and I guess it came off of that.. but why does it matter if it's sticky? Then he said "I have a four year old daughter, I'm used to sticky surfaces" and walked off as if we were the most disgusting people he's ever met.

After he delivered our entrees, he randomly came by our table and said "I worked at the number 2 steakhouse in the country, but I cant reveal the name out of a conflict of interest with Disney." Okay... We were in the middle of eating, why would you come and tell us that?

And then finally the end of the night is when I almost broke down at the way he was treating us. I filled out the bill, left a 20% tip (because I'm way too nice of a person), and went to the bathroom. When I came back he was standing at our table WAITING on me to come back from the bathroom so he could explain how I filled the bill out wrong. I DIDN'T BRING THE TIP DOWN TO THE TOTAL LINE and it was the end of the world. We were on the dining plan, so literally just because I didn't write the same number twice he waited until I came out of the bathroom. And his comment was "remember when I said I do it by the books?"

He made me redo the bill again! I wish I could go back and put a big, fat 0 for the tip. I've felt more welcome at our local McDonalds than I did at the Flying Fish.

I emailed guest services and got the standard "we will be sure to share your email with the Flying Fish" line.

If I do go back, I'll definitely be asking NOT to have this same server.

Akershus. This is hands down the worst food I have ever had at Disney - bland and flavorless. This was especially disappointing given the steep pricing. I was the only one who had an edible meal (I got the meatballs). Plus, it gave 3 people in my family food poisoning which does not make for a nice vacation,
The only reason I see to go here is if you have kids who love princesses and you cannot get reservations for BOG or CRT. The character interaction was okay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!