WORST DISNEY DINING EXPERIENCE

Kind of sad the things people complain about .....:charac2:I mean wow. Having a roach in your food is one thing...... but.

Kind of sad the things people complain about .....:charac2:I mean wow. Having a roach in your food is one thing...... but.

You really need to pay more attention to what you're posting. So far, we've read you book 8 to 10 ADRs per trip & usually only keep one of them. On top of that, you've tipped $20 to a CM several times & gotten a table at a restaurant that's booked solid, when you didn't have an ADR. Yet, you eat CS 99% of the time. Now, anything short of finding a roach in your food isn't worth complaining about. Something's off with your posts. :rolleyes1 I suspect you're more interested in inciting people than planning a trip or helping others plan theirs.

Last edited:
We have been fortunate as all our experiences in restaurants have been great. We did have one instance of terrible food. My daughter and I went to Bongos Express. We both ordered the Cuban sandwich. The "meat" on there was disgusting. Even the soft drinks tasted bad and my daughter threw hers out.

Most meals at WDW are pretty good. But there are 2 bad experiences I remember quite well from that trip.

Worst experience overall: Rose and Crown- We still laugh today as we recall that night. I swear I thought we were on Candid Camera! Let me start by saying the food was excellent! However, we had a VERY friendly squirrel (we were seated outside) that was consistently trying to get on our table and steal our food. As the meal progressed he sat right by my side and jumped on my shoulder. I screamed and and jumped from the table! We told the server and she says "Oh, that's just Brian!":D Apparently, he hangs out often. He came back a few minutes later and I was done with trying to hide my meal from him. So, we asked to be moved. They kindly moved us and then our other server (she was in training) spilled a tea refill on my friend's lap. :sad2: Poor woman, she was so embarrassed she never returned. The other server came by and offered towels then said pick any dessert you want, this has been a horrible night. We had already ordered dessert (DDP) so she offered my DD a lighted souvenir cup and UK beer mugs for us! We still have them and use them often. We ate our desserts and watched Illuminations laughing about the night. What else could have gone wrong? It was a real time comedy show! We still laugh about Brian the squirrel and it is one of our favorite memories. :flower:

WORST FOOD: CRT. Yep, no kidding. We spent 2 dining credits on this meal and it was the worst. We ate lunch there and I am glad we did it but we will not go back. The service was amazing. The princesses did a great job, although one of them missed our table. No biggie! The food? Barely average. There was 1 child and 3 adults in our party and we all had bland food. My daughter and I ordered steak and both came to us well done. Neither of us enjoy well done steak. So, I asked to have them sent back. Upon receiving another well done steak I just decided to eat a little of it, rather than waste more time. Everyone else had eaten there food at this point. As I put a spoon full of mashed potatoes in my mouth I felt something scrape the roof of my mouth. I pulled out a piece of a plastic bag, probably from the mashed potatoes. I called the server back again and showed them the plastic. They were very apologetic and removed the plate. I said we will just have the dessert at this point. We had fast passes to get to and we had been there for hours!!! Dessert was also mediocre IMO. The chef did come to our table to apologize, which I appreciated. He did have my meal credited to my account. The customer service was wonderful, just the food was not good to us! While I am glad we had the experience of eating in the castle, and my daughter loved meeting the princesses, we all agree that we would not eat there again.

Most meals at WDW are pretty good. But there are 2 bad experiences I remember quite well from that trip.

Worst experience overall: Rose and Crown- We still laugh today as we recall that night. I swear I thought we were on Candid Camera! Let me start by saying the food was excellent! However, we had a VERY friendly squirrel (we were seated outside) that was consistently trying to get on our table and steal our food. As the meal progressed he sat right by my side and jumped on my shoulder. I screamed and and jumped from the table! We told the server and she says "Oh, that's just Brian!":D Apparently, he hangs out often. He came back a few minutes later and I was done with trying to hide my meal from him. So, we asked to be moved.
I think we experienced the same squirrel! We were seated in the outside area next to R&C and my husband was getting fish and chips from the booth. While we waited, a squirrel poked his head out of the bush next to my husband's chair, saw we didn't have anything and retreated back into the bush. When my husband sat down, the squirrel was in the bush pretty much next to his head and we didn't say anything and just giggled. Brian must have thought twice of poaching from my husband.

Worst experience for me was 'Ohana for breakfast. It wasn't the food or service--it was the fresh tar like paint next to our table! There were signs that said 'Wet Paint' and we were really trying to not bump into it but we were seated next to the wall. My toddlers were very shy and became fearful and tried to hide when the characters came over...and stuck right to the wall. Blackish brown gooey tar paint all over their hands and clothing. I had to take them to the bathroom and the manager used hand sanitizer to try to break down the stubborn paint from their hands but their (and my) outfits were ruined. They were kind to buy my girls each a dress to wear (their clothes and my jacket ended up in the garbage later). I thought they should have at least comped breakfast but didn't ever consider asking. Whose ever idea it was to paint right before a character breakfast wasn't very bright.

Le Chefs. Our waiter was so snobby.

I agree with your assessment of Chefs de France. My mom and I were on the deluxe dining plan and the waiter was extremely arrogant pushy, and snobby. He was critiquing our selections for appetizer/entree/dessert in the quest to get a higher tip. He blatantly stated that I should not order the French onion soup as my appetizer and tried to coerce us into ordering the duck - most expensive appetizers and entrees on the menu. Of course, we ordered what we wanted, but it made it a very unpleasant experience. The food was good, but he had an attitude and stated that the cheese plate and duck were much better choices. I left a generous tip - rounded up the 20% and he returned to the table stating that the "math" on the check was not correct. At that point, I asked to speak to a manager to explain the problem, at that point he just said "sorry, the bill was fine", and we left the restaurant.

Crystal Palace at Magic Kingdom. Our first trip to WDW with our daughter to celebrate her 6th birthday, we booked the Crystal Palace for dinner on her actual birthday. I'll never go back there.

First off, it was an absolute zoo. Easily the loudest restaurant I've ever experienced. Mass chaos. Unruly children slammed into the table next to us and knocked glasses of water all over us and the floor around us. The buffet food was mediocre, at best, and I was shoved twice by a rather robust gentlemen piling food a mile high on his plate. Absolutely gross.

We had prearranged for a birthday cake to be delivered to our table for our daughter's birthday. We had to remind our server...twice...of this arrangement. Then she had the cake sent to the wrong table, and that party never said a word about the error. When our server realized her mistake, she informed us there was nothing she could do to get a different cake.

It was like eating in a cafeteria, but it taught us a valuable lesson. We book table service restaurants only if we want a civilized meal and generally go with either a late lunch or later dinner plan.

I've never really had a "bad" experience at a Disney restaurant, but a few where the food was not to my taste (Norway before the character dining). The closest to bad was only in comparison: We had dined in Coral Reef for Mother's Day, 1992. The atmosphere and food were AMAZING. I don't remember my entree, but I remember the salad was crisp and fresh, the rolls came with a 3d Mickey statue of butter, and I had this 3d white chocolate conch shell filled with raspberries. The place was packed and the servers were friendly and attentive.

Flash forward a decade and my mom and I decided to splurge for lunch. The place was empty and we thought we had gotten lucky. Not so much. It was empty because the food could best be described as mediocre. The service was nonexistent and we had to wait around, in a virtually empty restaurant, for a half an hour for our check. There were no special touches, no magic, just basic food and a beautiful aquarium that cost $65 (I had a 20% discount) for lunch. No thank you.

I don't like to say never, but I would have to see a LOT of good reviews before trying it again.

I can honestly say all of our meals we had at WDW were good, some much better then others but nothing gross or that terrible other then some with average to poor food. For us, my family all agrees that ANY of the Laundry's food is average to poor cafeteria food, VERY LOUD, chaotic dining area, wow........that could have been over looked if the food was better but it is just not, been to them in different states and the same outcome, bla, why did I waste money there again.........never again.....

Have loved every meal and every restaurant apart from one. We tend to do quick serve or at best table serve ... we are not foodies ... like simple stuff. That’s just us. My husband took a group,of 30 customers to Florida back In 2000 and one night he took them all to the Steakhouse at the Yacht Club. He said it was awesome, the atmosphere was fabulous, the staff were brilliant and all he could think about was how he wanted to take me there on our next trip.
I think they made it fab because he was with 30 guests and spent a lot of money ... the company’s not his. Clearly a couple who are not used to fancy places do t get the same service. We are both professional people so,looked smart and were polite to a fault. We always are. They treated us like people who had no right being there. The waiter was sneering, he was horrible when I asked for my steak well done ... and I always apologise for asking for that but it is how I like it ... he sneered at our drink choices ... we don’t do alcohol ... and generally made us feel very uncomfortable. The food was just OK but he made me feel awful and my husband was so sad and upset. I am sure it was just down to the one waiter but it was the most uncomfortable experience I have had anywhere
What should have been special was horrible.

Crystal Palace at Magic Kingdom. Our first trip to WDW with our daughter to celebrate her 6th birthday, we booked the Crystal Palace for dinner on her actual birthday. I'll never go back there.

First off, it was an absolute zoo. Easily the loudest restaurant I've ever experienced. Mass chaos. Unruly children slammed into the table next to us and knocked glasses of water all over us and the floor around us. The buffet food was mediocre, at best, and I was shoved twice by a rather robust gentlemen piling food a mile high on his plate. Absolutely gross.

We had prearranged for a birthday cake to be delivered to our table for our daughter's birthday. We had to remind our server...twice...of this arrangement. Then she had the cake sent to the wrong table, and that party never said a word about the error. When our server realized her mistake, she informed us there was nothing she could do to get a different cake.

It was like eating in a cafeteria, but it taught us a valuable lesson. We book table service restaurants only if we want a civilized meal and generally go with either a late lunch or later dinner plan.
That's awful about the cake!! Did you pay for it ahead of time? How did they make up for it??
I'm shocked the other people didn't say anything!! Unless they also by chance had a celebration and just went with it... assuming it was Disney Magic?!
But the server should have done SOMETHING!!
I agree CP is like eating in a cafeteria!! The only other spot that is louder and more obnoxious is Chef Mickey's!
We have decided the only buffet that is worth it (and actually slowly going down) is Tusker House. Our last time to CP was horrible also!

........ They treated us like people who had no right being there. The waiter was sneering, he was horrible when I asked for my steak well done ... and I always apologise for asking for that but it is how I like it ... he sneered at our drink choices ... we don’t do alcohol ... and generally made us feel very uncomfortable. The food was just OK but he made me feel awful and my husband was so sad and upset. I am sure it was just down to the one waiter but it was the most uncomfortable experience I have had anywhere
What should have been special was horrible.
Why on earth would you apologize for asking to have YOUR steak done the way YOU like it?!
Don't ever apologize for that! One problem is they make A LOT of money off of the alcoholic drinks and it really irritates me when they push them! I am not a drinker either...... actually only drink water! So a lot of places will push either alcoholic or soft drinks.... irritating!!!
I think I would have either asked to speak with a manager or sent an email to guest services. They shouldn't make you feel that way!
I'm sorry about your experience!

I wrote this on another thread but our worst experience was at the Boathouse. The hostess took our reservation ticket ( and several others) and laid them down on the podium then took off. All of us waited almost 1.5 hours. I finally walked up and told them that the reservations had been set down by a hostess who left and showed they where’s they were set. After another 10-15 minutes we were seated. When our food arrived, the waitress left and never came back (she was helping another waitress figure out something on the computer). I waited for someone to come back as I needed a condiment but finally gave up and ate without. Then we ran out of drinks. My son got so upset he walked out of the restaurant. We waited for the bill. Finally the waitress came back and apologized but by then we were done and just wanted the bill. She offered us key lime pie as an apology. 1 slice, lol. I would give it another go if it wasn’t crazy busy though. It wasn’t the food, it was the hostess then the waitress. I’m sure they have new ones by now.

Last edited:
All of our onsite dining experiences have been mediocre at the very best.

Tusker House was stupid expensive for not great food and creepy characters. I had my back to the door and they would come up and tap me on the shoulder and creep me out.

Morimotos was good as was Raglan Road and The Boathouse. We also try and hit up Roccos Tacos.

Kona for dinner a few years back. We had lunch there 2 years before and it was excellent, so we were very excited to be having dinner there.

We should have skipped it. Waitress was older and acted like she'd rather be anywhere else but serving at a Disney restaurant. Took her forever to get things, she would disappear for long periods of time, she acted annoyed the whole time.

Turns out chefs had changed, he was rude when he came out for allergies. Food was not good. Fiance and I got the same thing (steak) and a few hours later in the MK both got sick. He was sick the rest of the night. :(

Never again.

Last edited:
All of our onsite dining experiences have been mediocre at the very best.

Tusker House was stupid expensive for not great food and creepy characters. I had my back to the door and they would come up and tap me on the shoulder and creep me out.

Morimotos was good as was Raglan Road and The Boathouse. We also try and hit up Roccos Tacos.

Creepy...................ok

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!