Worst Ending to a Disney Trip EVER! (and other things that happened) - UPDATE 6/22!

Congratulations. That is great news. I am currently pregnant with my second and going to Disney next week :) - I will say - I have a two year old and this will be her 6th trip..... there is always time for Disney :)

I've been a lurker on this report, but I have to emerge and say congratulations on the pregnancy! hope that you're feeling better!

Congratulations!!! What exciting news! When is your due date? I'm totally with you, I would definitely still go to Disney while you still can ::yes::

Hi! I just found your TR and am joining in and trying to catch up. I noticed you said there was some Dairy Free dining which piqued my interest because my DD is allergic to dairy and eggs.

But, Dude. C’mon. I’M GOING TO DISNEY tomorrow! As if!

sheldon.gif

:rotfl2:

See, sitting next to the woman, on the aisle, was a man. This man turned out to be a relative of a former MN politician. He and the woman next to me hit it off and talked politics for the WHOLE. THREE. HOURS.

:scared1:

He kept saying “No offense to <blank> but…” and then would proceed to say something really offensive and rather ignorant. And really eloquent. Like “No offense to Martians but Mars sucks.”

This sounds truly horrible.

To add to the fun, there was someone who was obviously having a really bad bowel day. Periodically, an awful smell would waft passed my seat. Add that to the really loud, politically charged conversation next to me and my already nauseous stomach and I was ready to strap myself to the wing.

I don't know what's worse, the politics or the gas! :faint:

(Side note: I have no idea why we were flying backwards to FL. It straightened out a couple of times but it mostly flew backwards.)

I was so confused for a second looking at the picture of the flight map!

I hope you're doing well. Things must be busy for you. Would still be interested in reading about the rest of the trip, when you get a chance.

I just found your trip report, honestly i cant remember how i found it but I am here. My daughters name is Jenna and she is a french fry addict too :)

Following along. Congrats on the pregnancy. While you'll have no money just think of the Disney memories you'll have. Some of my favorite memories are of the first time we took the kids to Disney.

OMG everyone!! I am a BAD BAD BAD BAD trip reporter. I did the one thing I HATE. I disappeared without finishing the trip report!! AHHH!!

tenor.gif

Let's see if I even remember how to do this anymore.

I hardly know where to start. I have thought about this report, I have thought about all of you, I have thought about Disney....and it's just been so hard for me to take the leap and come back. I was embarrassed because I left you all hanging. I was scared that it was going to be different and feel different because of all the changes in my life and I wasn't sure who exactly I was anymore. And I'm not sure how often I'll be able to get to Disney because my financial situation has changed and Disney just keeps raising prices! I was so MAD to hear about the parking prices at the resorts. KMN!

tenor.gif

But now that I'm here it feels really good and I'm ashamed that I let fear keep me from something that I love. And even though I won't be able to go as much (which makes me sad but that will make my trips extra special, then) I will be able to enjoy Disney with all your wonderful trip reports! You guys are the best!

C2XZQt8.gif

Let's start with updates!

I am a mom!! Yay!! My son Rory was born on Sept 17th, 2017 weighing 7 lbs and 7oz (not too big - whew!). Now that I've had one, I am so interested in birth stories so if you are also interested, I will add a post below with my birth story (no overly gory details though) but you can definitely skip it if it gives you the heebie geebies. I used to cry when I read birth stories when I was pregnant. Not because I was so touched or moved but because I was so freaked out! :rotfl:

Here is Rory 1 day old:

20170918_101404_2.jpg

He was born with so much hair! They say that if you have terrible heartburn when you are pregnant that means that your baby has lots of hair. I don't know how accurate that is but I did have terrible heartburn!

This is us going home from the hospital:

20170918_153541_2.jpg

Look at them. Those poor saps. They have no idea what they are in for....:laughing:

And now we are a few weeks in:

20171004_163814_2.jpg

You can see who is sleeping well and who is not! Haha. I can laugh about it now and how I looked like a zombie but it was very difficult at the time. I was diagnosed with postpartum anxiety (PPA). I was so scared to set him down to sleep on his own and fall asleep myself in case he stopped breathing while sleeping. I felt he needed someone to be alert with him 24/7.

Constant Vigilance.jpg

At once point my doctor grabbed my arms and pleaded with me to get some sleep. No one else really knew that I wasn't sleeping at all. DH thought I was sleeping while Rory slept during the day and that I had a weird night thing going. I don't think he knew if he should encourage me to set him down at night or enable me by watching him so I could sleep. What I was doing was extremely dangerous. Not only to my health but I ran the very real risk of falling asleep with Rory in my arms and him or I shifting and him then suffocating. I know of several people now who very very sadly had this happen to them. I can barely type this out because the very thought horrifies me but yet I was risking the very thing that I was worried about by not sleeping!

I had a wonderful postpartum medical team around me who got me the help that I needed. I am doing so much better now. It started to get better when I got help and Rory smiled for the first time:

20171027_134613_2.jpg

I worried that I wouldn't be myself anymore now that I had a baby. And it's true that I have been changed but the core of me stays the same. It just can't help but get out!

20171116_122623_25.jpg

I'm still a Disney-lover, a book-lover, a dinosaur-lover.....

20180530_135438_2.jpg
(shoutout to @Raeven for the kick-@ss tank!)

a movie-lover, a volleyball player, a wife, a daughter, a sister....and now a mom.

To an almost 9 month old!!

Rory Memorial Day 2018.jpg
(Memorial Day at the in-law's cabin - 95F and no AC! Nightmare!)

Another thing that happened while I was on maternity leave was that DH started to get some strange heart palpitations a month or so after Rory was born. It was really scary. He drove himself to the ER and I had to stay at home because I wasn't about to bring my weeks old baby to the ER with sick people. This, of course, did NOT help with my (at the time) untreated PPA.

The doctor's couldn't find anything wrong so they sent him home. Meanwhile, DH was working long hours doing something he hated that was also very demanding. The heart palpitations continued. DH was hooked up to a monitor for a week. No palpitations that week. Of course.

By November, I couldn't take it anymore and realized that his work was slowly killing him. Nothing is worth losing my husband so I put my foot down and told him that he needed to quit for his family. So he joined me in my maternity leave and became a SAHD when I returned to work in January. He loves it and has had no heart palpitations since he quit! We are fortunate that we are able to make it work financially but it does mean that I don't get all the Disney vacations that I would like. But I consider it a very good trade for a new baby and a healthy husband. :grouphug:

That's the big updates for me!

What I have planned for (very near) future posts is my birth story, finishing up this trip report (I think I'm probably going to skip to the end), and a bonus mini-TR about my work trip to FL this last Feb!

Thank you so so so much for sticking around and commenting and lurking and caring and reading this trip report. It means a lot to me. The ending is probably going to be a bit anti-climactic now but I will still do it!

In honor of Joe and Ashley and their return to the Disney sphere as well -

"Until next time, see ya reel soon!"

Birth Story Part 1

Last edited:
I was so happy to see you back on the board to let us know about your life! I'm not on the Disboards all that often but I was sad when you disappeared and didn't finish your TR. Your baby is absolutely adorable, so congratulations on being a mom and it sounds like things are going well for you all now. Looking forward to hearing about your birth story posts. I love your writing style so I'm sure it will be interesting. :)

Congratulations on the pregnancy. I hope you are feeling less sick now?

I have spent a very enjoyable afternoon reading your trip report. You look so much like your mum! Thank you for sharing your pictures and experiences.

Thank you! I was sick through most of my pregnancy, unfortunately. It got better and then it got bad again towards the end. I'm glad it's over!

Coming out of lurkdom to say congrats!!!

Thank you!!

I just found your trip report the other day after reading about your Dismeet in mollydolly334's report, and now I am all caught up!

Congratulations!! Hopefully the tough parts of pregnancy will start to fade away a bit!

Thank you! Welcome to this TR - sorry about disappearing!

Congratulations. That is great news. I am currently pregnant with my second and going to Disney next week :) - I will say - I have a two year old and this will be her 6th trip..... there is always time for Disney :)

Congratulations! What did you have??

I've been a lurker on this report, but I have to emerge and say congratulations on the pregnancy! hope that you're feeling better!

Thank you!! I'm a proud mom!

Congratulations!!! What exciting news! When is your due date? I'm totally with you, I would definitely still go to Disney while you still can ::yes::

Whoops! Sorry I didn't respond sooner! Rory was due Sept 16th and he basically came on his due date!

Hi! I just found your TR and am joining in and trying to catch up. I noticed you said there was some Dairy Free dining which piqued my interest because my DD is allergic to dairy and eggs.

Dairy and eggs are really tough! My mom eats a lot of vegan because then she is guaranteed no milk. I assume that you have to often do the same for your DD. Disney is GREAT with allergies!

I hope you're doing well. Things must be busy for you. Would still be interested in reading about the rest of the trip, when you get a chance.

Thank you for your kind words. I will be updating with the rest soon!

I just found your trip report, honestly i cant remember how i found it but I am here. My daughters name is Jenna and she is a french fry addict too :)

Welcome! Maybe all Jennas are french fry lovers?? We should do a poll!

Following along. Congrats on the pregnancy. While you'll have no money just think of the Disney memories you'll have. Some of my favorite memories are of the first time we took the kids to Disney.

Thanks! I definitely have some great memories and I consider myself lucky to have been as many times as I have!

I had really enjoyed your TR so far. Hope all is ok

Thank you! It's all fine now!

Yeah, still wondering how your trip ended. Best wishes.

Of course you are! I will get to it - I hope you're not disappointed in how it ends!

I guess maybe your trip report is over, ending how all of mine seem to end. With the reporter mysteriously vanishing! Loved reading it and hope that someday you'll let us know what happened!

Hahaha. It's so hard to finish!! I will let you know what happened!

okay Archie comics, I will continue.

Yes - Archie comics!!! Have you watched Riverdale on Netflix? I liked the first few episodes and then I got bored because the same issues kept getting hashed out over and over and over.

I was so happy to see you back on the board to let us know about your life! I'm not on the Disboards all that often but I was sad when you disappeared and didn't finish your TR. Your baby is absolutely adorable, so congratulations on being a mom and it sounds like things are going well for you all now. Looking forward to hearing about your birth story posts. I love your writing style so I'm sure it will be interesting. :)

I'm glad to hear that you've enjoyed reading my posts! I can't believe I stayed away for so long. I was so silly!! (And busy. But mostly silly.)

Well, I learned something from this. Before getting immersed in a trip report, check the end page first.

So glad to hear you're doing well! Being a new parent is definitely a game changer. Life will never be the same. It's both the best and the worst...but you'd never trade it for the world! Except maybe when they're teenagers...but I'm not there yet, so I don't know.

This is us going home from the hospital:

I remember thinking "are they really going to let us take this baby home with no supervision? Don't they know we have no idea what the hell we're doing???"

Look at them. Those poor saps. They have no idea what they are in for....:laughing:

Ain't that the truth!

And now we are a few weeks in:

it's amazing how babies are almost like little experts in sleep deprivation.

It started to get better when I got help and Rory smiled for the first time:

that first smile is THE BEST! For months, you get NOTHING. No positive feedback whatsoever. And then. out of nowhere. That first smile. Just melts your heart and makes you (at least temporarily) forget about all of the screaming.

Enjoy this time right now. It may not seem like it now -- but now is a good time to head out to restaurants with the kid. They're much easier to control at 9 months as compared to 18 months.

What's funny, is that in about 4 to 6 months -- you're going to have this urge to have another one. I don't know what it is with the hormones of the moms, but my wife, right around when our oldest was 14 months old, really wanted to have that second kid.

Congratulations! He is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing your story. PPA is very real and often not talked about - thus, your story may very well help many others. We would love to hear the birth story!! Sorry that you won't get to Disney as often (for now) but it sounds like you have your priorities in place. Can't wait for more updates.

Congratulations! Your baby is adorable. I'm sorry to hear there have been some difficult time for your family since his arrival but I'm glad to hear that you have had the support you needed to get through it all. Welcome back!

I had just found your TR this past weekend and really enjoyed reading it. You have a great sense of humor and I found myself laughing out loud several times. I was hoping you were okay and am glad to hear you're doing well. Your little boy is so adorable! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter