Worst Room View Pics Thread

I've been pretty lucky with RV's but the absolute worst would have to be Beach Club Villas which is not known for it's views anyway.

I don't think we took a picture because it suc.... WL standard room. Open the curtain and you see green roof. I mean right in your face green and nothing else. I joked we could use the slots for the roof as a slide to go down.

WL standard view rooms are pretty good if you get a room on an upper floor. We ended up on the 5th floor this past December. The best value as far as I'm concerned. You'll have a view of Contemporary Resort, ,Monorail, Cinderella's Castle, Spaceship Earth and nightly fireworks. Not bad at all.

I'm curious if there are any standard view rooms at WL that open to the lobby, I don't even think I'd care if it was a crappy view if I had the lobby to look out in out the door.

I'm curious if there are any standard view rooms at WL that open to the lobby, I don't even think I'd care if it was a crappy view if I had the lobby to look out in out the door.

Check the WL thread. With the construction, many rooms have been reclassified and I'm not sure what is considered standard view. I do know the rooms opening to the Lobby are currently limited because of the construction. :tink:

Okay, I could not tell you the view of the outside of our room since I am legally blind. My kids say the fake balcony view was great but they could not even stand outside and look, the side balcony was great to sit on but not a great view of much. But here is a view of the floors, I did not have my guide dog so I was using a cane, every morning for 4 days, I tripped over dirty laundry, firlthy dishes, bed cots, wine glasses, vacuum cleaners, trash. I paid over $600 a night for this view and it was every hallway and we had 6 or so hallways before we got to the club level we were paying for. After the fourth day of fighting them about it they moved us to the contemporary, a hospitality suite, 5 rooms put together, club level was far, and we saw a parking lot, but I never once tripped over dirty laundry. In 25 years of Disney, Beach Club is the only resort I know that does this, and it was every day, every hallway, I would not pay $1 to ever stay in a room at beach club ever again. Filth, it was total filth. We have pictures of room service trays that were on the floors in the hallway all four days, never once did they pick up the filthy trays. We were there 9/2015.
IMG_1041.JPG IMG_1040.JPG IMG_1039.JPG T

Attachments

• IMG_1040.JPG
    IMG_1040.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 6

Request notes all go into the same notation field, and all rooms are assigned in advance about a week in advance, working with the requests as much as they can given availability. There is no advantage to either method.

I haven't been to WDW for a long time but back then you could call the hotel and speak to someone about your requests. Any idea if this is still possible?

I didn't take a picture because I was so appalled and disappointed in my view at BLT in January. I booked a theme park view. Normally I would never spend that much for a view, but it was my husband and step daughters first trip to WDW and our wedding trip so I wanted to really "wow" them. We were going to be staying at BLT for 3 nights before our DCL wedding. I don't remember the exact room number, but we were put on the 4th floor with a view of the parking lot and the very top of Space Mountain. I told my family that we were going to be so high up and would be able to see everything... and then we got the 4th floor. I asked to be moved and they couldn't accommodate until the next day so one of our three nights was a total waste of points and Disney has not done anything about it yet. When I called to ask to be moved to a different room because the view of the parking lot did not seem worth all the extra points/$, the CM responded that the fireworks could be seen from that room and that I didn't request a higher floor. I had difficulties with online check in because we were traveling with multiple families (ie multiple credit card folios). I understand that I didn't put in the request, so it's my fault for assuming that theme park view would actually start high enough to have a view of the MK. This was the worst first impression of WDW I could have had for my husband and stepdaughter and I was ashamed.

What we thought would be bad didn't turn out to be so bad. We checked into AK Kidani Village but didn't pay for a savannah view as we didn't have a child in our room and other members of our party had one so we were just going to check out the animals from their balcony. When we arrived and I drew back the curtain we were deflated to see we overlooked the turning circle outside reception and thought we'd be kept awake by DME buses and taxis plus the noise of people coming in and out at all hours. We went to bed with earplugs in but we couldn't hear a thing. even without them, and when in our room it was nice to watch all the comings and goings from our balcony. It must be the pixie dust that gave us a glass half full point of view on it
pixiedust:

Last edited:
Back in June we had this horrendous view of Seven Seas Lagoon and the MK bus stops and the Poly and the GFR... oh, and MK. All from our balcony on the 9th floor of the CR. I mean, just look at that horrible view:
13566913_10208940950657461_1550300308369659035_n.jpg

It was so bad, we ate breakfast out there!
13557952_10208940950417455_8698495042995751024_n.jpg

My goodness, a lot of these stories sound bad. I'll be staying at the CBR in two months and I hope I get a nice room that's relatively quiet, close to transportation, I don't mind if it's a schlep to the entrance or restaurant, I don't mind parking lot or pool views or kids making noise while in the pool, nor do I mind not having a balcony. I guess we as Canadians aren't very picky, just glad to have a room at the HAPPIEST place on earth.

I don't know if some of these claims are valid and just made up in order to score a better room with a better view for free because you didn't like the one you got. I'm not saying any of you honest people do that though!

I would feel embarrassed to go back up to the check in counter and ask for a better room. It happened once to me though when I stayed at PORR, when I got to my room my key wouldn't let me in so I walked all the way back to the front desk and THEY put me in a better room for the inconvenience. I never asked for it. Besides, how much time do you actually spend in your room anyway?

Some years back we stayed in the main AKL building and were on the 3rd floor I believe in a "standard" view room which I booked because we didn't have the budget for a savannah room. The room was right over the handicapped parking lot. Note that "most" of the deluxes do not have parking lots right under the rooms. It wasn't terrible I thought, I honestly didn't care since we didn't have time to sit on the balcony anyway...it wasn't the view that was the killer...when we "tried" to go to sleep that first night, someone's car alarm went off ALL NIGHT-I mean until 4:30 am after many trips & calls to the front desk!! For more than 5+ hrs we were wide awake calling the front desk asking what could be done just waiting between 45 second pauses for that alarm to go off over and over. Seemed that every time security would ride through the lot the car that had the "malfunctioning" alarm would be on that 45 second pause! Can't believe no one else complained (or so we didn't 'hear' that anyone else did;). At one point I was down in the lobby at 3am, pjs and all laying on one of the benches to try to sleep until they could figure out what to do. At that time they had signs for the car windshields with guest names so they could locate that guest. Finally @ 4:30 it stopped...I thought my eardrums would never be the same after that!! Never again AKL, never never never over a parking lot that close!! (they did comp that night btw).

I finally have a room view to add to this thread.

Please understand that I am not complaining. I booked a Standard view room and that is what I got. This is the least expensive room category at the Contemporary-on the whole monorail route really, so I was thankful to have it. I knew we would not have time to sit and enjoy the view this trip anyway.

It is just that this thread was the first thing I thought of when I opened our curtains to see this wall. Also , I figured it might be helpful to those who wonder what a standard view at CR might look like. I had figured we would be facing the parking lot, but this was fine with me.[/QUOTE]

I finally have a room view to add to this thread.

Please understand that I am not complaining. I booked a Standard view room and that is what I got. This is the least expensive room category at the Contemporary-on the whole monorail route really, so I was thankful to have it. I knew we would not have time to sit and enjoy the view this trip anyway.

It is just that this thread was the first thing I thought of when I opened our curtains to see this wall. Also , I figured it might be helpful to those who wonder what a standard view at CR might look like. I had figured we would be facing the parking lot, but this was fine with me.

I think THIS might be the winner though seems inappropriate wording to list this in reservation as ANY kind of view. Come on now, brick wall on the window?!!

Last edited:
I do not have a picture, but when we stayed in December 2015, we got to our room at 11:30-1200 am to find our room had water all over the floor under the sinks, bathroom and in front of one bed. I called and was told there were no other room available, that they could switch us the next day. This was after a long day with a 14 month old baby, having our flight cancelled (8 hrs at the airport) I am sorry but I do think as much water that was laying, that someone had to have seen that.

We have been really lucky as far as room views go. We've had the good luck to be upgraded more than once.

However, the view from the corner of our porch at the Ft. Wilderness Cabins was of an upturned tree :confused3 It wasn't too bad and it was a good location so everything was cool with us ;) I'm not too hard to please, DH on the other hand...:rolleyes:

IMG_6778.jpg

that could be a perfect place for woodpecker viewing and a little bit of blue sky -lemons to lemonade style.

love the point of reference in this forum; snickers and giggles for all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!