Worth it to get AP for the AP room-only discount?

I've been an AP for 8 years and those are real examples from two of my trips in the past 12 months. You can doubt my experience(?) but if you scroll back through the DisBoards you'll find many threads discussing times when the AP discount seems to be pretty scarce. There are great deals for this summer but last year they were awful. It comes and goes and because of that I'll never tell someone to buy a $1000 AP *only* to hope for a discount on one trip.

Oh, I wouldn't have bought it if the discounts were lame or I didn't have a second confirmed trip in Jan! I just called first and asked for the AP rates over the phone. They even put a courtesy hold on one of them for me before I bought the pass. So it's not like I bought the pass blind, and I wouldn't recommend that to anyone else either, unless they had a definite second trip within the year.

OP here. I completely disagree. I got it and found the room discount to be more than worth it for our summer trip. Now I don't need to buy tix for my Dopey trip in January.
That's the main reason to buy an AP. You have two trips within one year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter