Worth it to stay onsite for a night?

winnieofpooh

DIS Veteran
My fiance and I are now considering going to Paris/DLP for our honeymoon instead of Disney World. We'd definitely make it a "Paris" trip and stay in Paris, and just take a day trip to DLP. Would it be worth it to switch hotels for one night in order to use EMH? We'll have to conquer both parks in a day and I'm not sure if we'll be able to see/do most things within a day without using EMH. We'll be going the second to last week of August 2019, and would do DLP on a weekday.

If you are going in August the main park is probably open til about 10.30/11pm (thats when it goes dark at that time of year and the evening show is on at park close). If you book a nights stay you will get tickets included for 2 days so you could possibly do a few hours in the park on the day you arrive as well. Even if you spend most of that day in Paris you could head over to DLP early evening and have 3 hours or more in the park.
If you get a good deal you could possibly keep your hotel in Paris at the same time and so you wouldnt need to check out and move all your luggage - you could just pack a smaller bag for the one night

I think if it works for your finances and schedule, an onsite hotel would be a good choice. Not only will it give you access to EMH, but you won't have to take the train over there, and that can be an hour or so.

For EMH, not too many rides are open, but you can definitely get a lot of things done. Biggest one is Crush's Coaster, which usually has at least a 45-50 minute wait by the time EMH is over. If you enter right away it will only be about a 5-10 minute wait. Every other ride I went on at EMH was a virtual walk-on.

And what PP said makes a lot of sense. If you book online it is automatically a package (I think you can book room-only but need to call in). Then you could go in and do some things that evening, including seeing Illuminations. The next morning you get EMH and spend the day, but you can leave before Illuminations and get the train back into the city before the crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!