Would an annual pass help save you money on hotel prices?

Over the last 3 years, we've done three stays of 3-4 nights each (with a 4th in March that was cancelled, and another in October that isn't looking great for us). The savings on the room with APH was at least 10% better than SMSM rates, though we were there during big holidays (Spring Break and twice for Thanksgiving). APH rooms did not stay available long, so I had to check often to get them.

Since we try to go at least twice on an AP, it is really a no-brainer for us to have APs for all 4 of us. But we're within driving distance at 7.5 hours.

Universal definitely makes it tough to figure out exactly what goes into their pricing models. Every time I think I have it figured out, they throw in a new wrinkle. I just ran a quick check on our dates in October (starting on the 9th) at HRH. 1-3 nights the Be A Savvy Traveler (BAST) rate was only 10% off the seasonal rate. 4 nights is 20% off, while 5-6 nights is 25% off. 7 or more nights gets the discount up to 30%, which is what I've gotten for APH discounts on our previous trips.

What exactly is the Savvy Traveler discount? Sorry this is all new to me. And there is a chance DH and I would return within the year if that makes a difference in savings for getting AP's. I guess I just haunt the site to see if the AP discount shows up? I am so unfamiliar with anything Universal!!

ST discount replaced the SMSM (stay more save more) public hotel discount that anyone could use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!