Would anyone like to share Dopey Training Plan

Hockeychic

Going for Dopey 2025
i am looking for a dopey training plan and I have seen galloways and Higdon but don't really like either.

Would anyone like to share what has worked for them?

Thank you

Kim

What don't you like about those plans? Between the two of them, Higdon & Galloway have probably gotten more runners through a marathon upright and injury free than anyone else. Those would be the first plans I would recommend for anyone aiming for Dopey.

I don't like that Higdon only gets up to 20m and feel Galloway does too much mileage.

For me, I spread out my mileage to 6 days a week but during my dopey training I never exceeded 16 miles in a single run (or 2 hours 22 min) and felt strong through the entire weekend. My advice is to find what has worked for you in past training cycles and create a custom plan that is built specifically for you based on those philosophies. My key to a good dopey plan is learning how to run on tired legs (multiple days in a row) even if its only for 30-45 min.

I can also vouch for the Higdon plan. The inaugural Dopey was my first marathon and I used the Higdon Plan. I thought it was perfect and helped me reach my goal of a sub 4 hour marathon. The logic behind it makes sense to me. If you are really not comfortable with only doing a max of 20 miles (which is what the majority of non-advanced plans peak at), then perhaps try adding a couple of weeks to the plan. Start 2 weeks early and then use the same philosophy and max out at 21 or 22 miles (although I really don't think it's necessary and it's really risking injuries a few weeks prior to the race).

Thank you for your input that makes perfect sense. To me it seems a big jump from 20 to 26 miles. I have done 3 marathons including 2 goofy and the unofficial dopey but have never been properly trained and want to do it right this time

Thank you again

Thank you for your input that makes perfect sense. To me it seems a big jump from 20 to 26 miles. I have done 3 marathons including 2 goofy and the unofficial dopey but have never been properly trained and want to do it right this time

Thank you again
It is a big jump mentally, but not physically. You have to trust the training and believe in yourself. Your mental training will make a far bigger difference that last 3-5 miles than anything else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!