Would Chefs de France allow a dessert to be switched for soup on DDP?

figmentfinesse

DIS Veteran
Basically in the title. I really love the lobster bisque there and would prefer to do that instead of the dessert. Has anyone attempted a switch like that before? The prices for both are 9 dollars. If they don’t allow I’d probably use my credit elsewhere and just pop in for the bisque for a snack another day.

Some TS restaurants will let you sub a starter for the dessert, but not all. You will have to ask at Chefs and any other TS restaurant where you want to do this. Also, what they will allow as a substitution will be at the discretion of the restaurant - most often restaurants have offered a small side salad, a cup of soup or an additional vegetable side. Equivalency in price is not a factor.

You will have to make a reservation even if you only want a bowl of the lobster bisque. Also, snack credits are not accepted at TS restaurants so you'll have to pay OOP if you only order the bisque.

I’m interested in this question as well. We are eating here Christmas Day, and I would much rather have the French Onion soup than a dessert.

We asked at several restaurants when we went and they all let us. We didn’t try at Chefs though because we got the 3 course meal covered by the dining plan there that included soup.

No, we were just there and asked the same question. It seems to me that it is only the signature restaurants that will let you do that. I was able to do it at both Le Cellier and Narcoossee's.

We asked at several restaurants when we went and they all let us. We didn’t try at Chefs though because we got the 3 course meal covered by the dining plan there that included soup.
3 course meal includes the dining plan?? Wow!!

I have been able to do this several times. We were able to choose from the Onion soup and Lobster Bisque. We have gone in June for the last several years x3.

Maybe it's the server being nice? We have never had a problem.

I think their Lobster Bisque is the best I have ever had!

I really don't think that there is a solid answer for this... We have been told yes and no... or offered different options that they would allow... at all different times in different restaurants ... I would not count on it, I would ask all they can say is no, If they do great and if you really want it just pay for it out of pocket, and pick a dessert that you can take to go, and maybe have for breakfast the next morning, or as a late night snack...

We were allowed to do this back in October (love the lobster bisque) and switched 2 of our 3 adult desserts for soups.

However, our poor waiter had the most rude people ever at one of his other tables & we were very sympathetic and told him multiple times to go check on them because they were loud again. We had a toddler who was asleep and always enjoy the food and atmosphere there. The manager or assistant manager came over towards the end of the meal and gave us all desserts anyways so that may have been part of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!