Would Disney allow a pop up chair if small enough?

fflmaster

DIS Veteran
So, I saw a particular pop up chair called the Cliq Chair. This pop up chair is as small as a water bottle and weights 4 lbs.

I was wondering if I put in my back pack would Disney allow to be used while waiting for the parades or fireworks? If out of the way like the curb?

In general; I think it'll depend on CM, but for the most part no. My mom tried bringing one of those, but a CM quickly told her it was not allowed. - She was in the middle of her family on the curb, so def. out of the way, but still not allowed.

You have to ask yourself the question that Disney surely does - what would happen if everyone did this? It’s obviously not a problem if a handful of people do it, but if they allow it then they allow it for everyone and it would become a huge issue.

Most likely not. I was behind a couple who tried to bring in a folding hanging high chair last week and they had to get the supervisor. Had it been an actual chair the supervisor said no. But he did let the high chair in.

You have to ask yourself the question that Disney surely does - what would happen if everyone did this? It’s obviously not a problem if a handful of people do it, but if they allow it then they allow it for everyone and it would become a huge issue.
I have a similar chair, helinox brand, which I love and would be so happy if I could bring it. And I think it would be heaven if everyone brought one, not a problem at all. Can you just picture everyone in front of the castle sitting in their chairs watching the projections with no tall people with kids on shoulders pushing in front of you. We go to lots of outdoor music events where you are encouraged to bring your own chair. Everyone sits and has a great view. Disney could have a section right up front for these small chairs only, no standing. Just open it at some predetermined time before each show and prohibit unattended chairs so people can’t just set up chairs and leave them. They wouldn’t obstruct the view of people further back without chairs at all. Ours are super light and I don’t mind carrying it in the backpack all day. Parade viewing sections for low chairs only would be great too.

No chairs of any kind at all.

If you somehow manage to get through security (doubtful) you wont be using it for long before security or a manager comes to talk to you.
There are other options and plenty of seating areas though.

Wheelchairs are $12; ECVs are $50 with a $20 deposit. You only pay for the service once and then you repay the deposit each time you want to rent one. Even if it's just for having a seat at some point during the day it's worth it to some people -plus if you're buying a lot or carrying things around it's a helpful alternative.

If you're just trying to use it for the fireworks then the answer is an absolute no. When watching fireworks you're either out of the way or packed together like sardines, either way sitting down only causes congestion in the road and encourages others to sit as well. It's a great way to get yourself trampled -which happens very, very, very often.

or you can use a rollator. only seat that I know of that is allowed. other than ECV or wheelchair.
if you really need a seat for part of the day, rent a wheelchair for $12.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!