Would Disneyquest be worth it?

TwitterMouse

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if Disneyquest would be worth the money to do with a service dog? I can't find out what "rides" he'd be allowed in or not, and if there's a lot that we can't do, than I don't think I'll bother with it. Does anyone have some info or an opinion?

I went to DQ, but years before I had an SD. There are some things I'm sure an SD wouldn't be allowed on, such as the river rapids ride (you go in a boat that actually bumps [very jerky] up and down - also wouldn't be good for somebody with pain problems and other such issues, IMO), the good ol' fashioned bumper cars, and the rollercoaster simulator (not good for anybody who can't go on real rollercoasters or who can't tolerate enclosed spaces as it is a fully enclosed capsule). However, there are other things that don't move - you just sit or stand and wear the VR goggles and use your hands/arms to do things - plus there are old classic arcade games. I don't remember how everything is/how much of it has motion as well as the goggles, but I do think you'd find at least some things to do.

Would I go to DQ now with my SD if I got the chance? Yup, I would. I had a lot of fun there and it has been years since I've gone, so it'd be fun to go again. :)

I have to say we always managed to miss DQ on all visits but our last one. I had heard such great things about it over the span of 6 years. We made sure we went last year. I was totally disappointed. Not at all what I expected. We spent a couple of hours and were done. The overall atmosphere seemed outdated and rundown. We will not be returning.

If DQ is included in your ticket and you have a wet afternoon free, I'd say go for it. If, however, you'd have to pay extra to get in, or it would mean missing something else that you want to do, I'd suggest you give it a miss.

I always quite enjoy DQ, but as we always have a reasonably long stay in the World when we go, and as it's always included in our tickets anyway (the UK Ultimate tickets), it doesn't 'put us out' too much. There are classic arcade computer games, air hockey tables and some good interactive games, but it's not worth missing a day at MK for.

If you do go, the Pirates game is a good one, and you should be able to take your dog onto that without problems.

I'm afraid I can't remember, do you use a chair, or not? If you do, I ought to warn you that some of the classic arcade games were not exactly built for those at our height. Also, I've had to develop a completely different throwing technique for skee-ball (think air hockey movements and you've got the idea). Also, for any chair users out there, be aware that they really didn't think when they chose the flooring - half the time it's thick carpets, which are a beast to push through and pull you off in different directions.

All in all, fairly nice distraction for a rainy day, but not worth a whole pile of extra money or missing out on other Disney stuff in my opinion.

Well, that was a long and rambling post! Have a wonderful trip, whether or not you do DQ! :thumbsup2

P.S. If you do have unlimited free entry, and are close by (e.g. PO, OKW or SSR), you can get free internet access in the Wonderland Cafe (WARNING: not well designed for wheelchair users).

Most of us think of rides as in the Matterhorn, Splash Mountain, Dumbo, trains, and carrousels but DisneyQuest rides are simulator rides. A service dog probably would not be allowed on any of the DisneyQuest rides.

Almost everything in DisneyQuest is sight based such as arcade games and simulations rides. I had a lot of fun there and went about 3 or 4 times but then again I was tired and could have fun in there and it is my type of thing. Do you like games and stuff plus are you paying for it. Mine was included but paying that kind of money that could be used for two meals is too muc for me to spend.

I was planning on going one night, since AK closes early. It's not included on my ticket, but if I thought it'd be worth it I'd give it a shot.
I don't think I will (although I LOVE arcades), because they don't have set rules on where the dog can and can't be. I don't know, but without set rules I feel like I've got no ground to stand on. They can pick and choose where I can and can't go, and I can't know ahead of time or say anything against it. I don't know if that makes sense, but yeah.

We tried DQ a few times on our last trip and were sorely disappointed. Like others have mentioned it is old and outdated and very hard to navigate in the best of circumstances. The times we were there it was very crowded which made keeping our party together difficult. There are lots of bottlenecks and with only one elevator it wasn't user friendly. We did enjoy the cheesecake factory and would go back for the cheesecake, but not for the arcade or attractions.

Is the whole place so dimly lit? I'm nightblind, and just looking at the video I can see myself walking into walls and such XD

I have stigmatism but can see good enough in the dark. I would say that it is overall a dark place. For me it was not problem as I grew up in dark arcades but I checked about 15 of the 27 videos and everyone was dark even the scenes of people eating.

As for the cheesecake factory call Disney as who knows.

*dies* They have a cheesecake factory!?! Can I get cheesecake without needing to pay admission?

No you do need admission to DQ. We had PAPs this year so DQ is included. The cheesecake is huge and to die for.

I'm probably not the right person to respond to this, since I don't like DQ and don't have a SD but I figured I'd share my thoughts. Feel free to ignore them.

I was really excited about going to DQ, until I went.

It was loud and dark!

My DW ended up in a lot of pain after walking around because we'd had a problem with getting her a chair and they promised us that DQ wouldn't be a lot of walking.

I have really good night vision with an astigmatism. I frequently take my glasses off at night because they interfere with the night vision. But, I ended up with a crazy headache from trying to see at DQ.

The noise level was also so high that my ears were physically hurting. I'd never take my dog in there because his ears are more sensitive than mine.

However, I know that SDs are much more used to loud noises than my dog is.

Its been a few years since we have been to DQ. My husband likes video games and enjoys it, and could always spend time there. They have the old school games, 3d games, pinball, the basketball game, skiball, this boxing game, etc. I like interactive games, I can't do the VR games (motion sickness). The rafting and pirate rides are fun.

If you really enjoy arcades it could be a great choice. I will say if the weather is yucky, it will be packed in there. There seemed to be long lines in the sense you can play the game as long as you want. Well, if the place is crowded most of the games are hogged. At least we had that experience one time.
If its crowded it get congested and really warm. The elavator is really small, and always seemed packed with people, and a long wait.

I went a while ago and have never gone back. I found it crowded and uncomfortable. Most of the rides will really bump you around or require you to be physically active. The rides that are 3-D can get you pretty motion sick. (Maybe I'm sounding like an old folk here!) Some of the things that aren't very physical were ok for little kids but boring for adults. My conclusion - for us it was really not worth the time and we don't plan to go back. I could see that there were some people there really enjoying it. It depends on your health and interests.

I think DisneyQuest with a service dog would probably not be that practical in regards to the attractions.

I went there last year for the first time and personally I loved it, I have to use a wheelchair in the parks because I can't stand or walk for long and also I'm severely affected by the heat and it felt so good to spend some time in DisneyQuest with my daughters and not require a wheelchair.

If it's quiet in there which it was when we were there Feb 07, there are no real lines for things, plenty of seating so I can rest when needed, but still watch out for my girls whilst they have a blast and we really did have so much fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter